Deadlam 2022

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
BV said he said it multiple times in the meeting. I guess repeating the line that was written. Who knows. It’s done and over with. I hate that it happened the way it did, but there’s not much you can do there. New sheriff in town and new way of doing things.

Not that it’s a bad thing. There’s zero excuse to say that sort of thing anyway. Kinda like making homophobic jokes and giving a half hearted apology weeks later like y’all’s poker buddy, Andy.

I’m glad that kinda thing is cool with y’all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You want to be liked so bad, yet you bloviate so much....

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
BV said he said it multiple times in the meeting. I guess repeating the line that was written. Who knows. It’s done and over with. I hate that it happened the way it did, but there’s not much you can do there. New sheriff in town and new way of doing things.

Not that it’s a bad thing. There’s zero excuse to say that sort of thing anyway. Kinda like making homophobic jokes and giving a half hearted apology weeks later like y’all’s poker buddy, Andy.

I’m glad that kinda thing is cool with y’all.

Odd you bring up homosexuality because there was actually a rumor floating around that he said the F word and all the gay OU players got pissed.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
You're just further proving you know nothing about football.
Missouri State, Boise State, Tulsa, and Arizona State are all more successful programs than your non-conference slate of UTEP, Kent State, Tulane, and Western Carolina. Your chickenshit athletic department schedules the worst bottomfeeders of second tier conferences.
Um OU has previously scheduled OOC games against alabama, tennessee, florida state, miami, , nebraska, ucla, oregon, washington, cincinatti, byu, notre dame, and ohio state

This year they have nebraska, next year georgia. tennessee in 2024, michigan in 2025 & 26. lsu in 27 and 28. nebraska in 29 and 30. georgia in 31, alabama in 32 and 33. clemson in 35 and 36. Obviously moving to sec changes that but they dont go out of their way to avoid tough non conference schedules. But they did schedule the last 5 teams to win a national championship in their non conference slate coming up.

I dont see the last 5 national champs on the ok state future schedules.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
It's only 1 win less per season, but nice try rounding in your favor.
Stoops' only NC was with John Blake's players so him being "statue worthy" is highly questionable, especially with how his team wilted in big games.

Gundy has already bested Wilkinson. He will likely pass Switzer this fall, and Stoops in about 5 seasons. I can see why you hate him so much. He'll go down as the most successful coach in Oklahoma history.

And I've just shown you that OU schedules weaker OOC opponents than OSU does, so that's good for another laugh. :lol:
He wont. because he'll never get to the playoffs, he'll never win a national championship and his grand total 1 conference title is still 1 less than that of art briles. they're basically boise state east, winning a bunch of games but never the most meaningful ones.

Who is osu's toughest ooc opponent in 2023?

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
Um OU has previously scheduled OOC games against alabama, tennessee, florida state, miami, , nebraska, ucla, oregon, washington, cincinatti, byu, notre dame, and ohio state

This year they have nebraska, next year georgia. tennessee in 2024, michigan in 2025 & 26. lsu in 27 and 28. nebraska in 29 and 30. georgia in 31, alabama in 32 and 33. clemson in 35 and 36. Obviously moving to sec changes that but they dont go out of their way to avoid tough non conference schedules. But they did schedule the last 5 teams to win a national championship in their non conference slate coming up.

I dont see the last 5 national champs on the ok state future schedules.
Yeah, the discussion wasn't about the distant past or the future. OU hasn't scheduled a Top 25 non-conference opponent in the last 5 years.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
He wont. because he'll never get to the playoffs, he'll never win a national championship and his grand total 1 conference title is still 1 less than that of art briles. they're basically boise state east, winning a bunch of games but never the most meaningful ones.

Who is osu's toughest ooc opponent in 2023?
Time will tell. Good thing is, the book on Gundy hasn't been finished and we're consistently a top 15 team who could have a few special years left while he's at the helm. All of your good coaches are long gone, most leaving via questionable circumstances.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
Yeah, the discussion wasn't about the distant past or the future. OU hasn't scheduled a Top 25 non-conference opponent in the last 5 years.
Surely you do realize how far in advance these games are usually planned? The OU nebraska games of 2021 and 2022 were scheduled back in 2012, when nebraska was ranked and finished the regular season 10-3. just coming off a 9-4 season in 2011 and having played in the conference championship game in 2010. At the time, we thought they'd still be good. they didnt hold up their end of the deal.

In 2004, OU also had a home & home series scheduled with lsu to be played in 2018 and 2019 but lsu got out of it and scheduled texas.

Point is that they dont just go out of their way to avoid competition. They clearly are quite ambitious with their OOC. But it doesnt mean they have a stalwart every time.

Sure but, they could have if they wanted to. So, pretty much the same thing.
hardly, most of these are planned way out in advance. It's not as easy as you seem to think it is. I dont see the ambition in osu's future ooc. OU has the last 4 national champs coming up though

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
Surely you do realize how far in advance these games are usually planned? The OU nebraska games of 2021 and 2022 were scheduled back in 2012, when nebraska was ranked and finished the regular season 10-3. just coming off a 9-4 season in 2011 and having played in the conference championship game in 2010. At the time, we thought they'd still be good. they didnt hold up their end of the deal.

In 2004, OU also had a home & home series scheduled with lsu to be played in 2018 and 2019 but lsu got out of it and scheduled texas.

Point is that they dont just go out of their way to avoid competition. They clearly are quite ambitious with their OOC. But it doesnt mean they have a stalwart every time.

hardly, most of these are planned way out in advance. It's not as easy as you seem to think it is. I dont see the ambition in osu's future ooc. OU has the last 4 national champs coming up though
I realize you were banned from this site when your cohort started this discussion, but he went blabbering on that the only reason OSU wins games is that we have a weak schedule. Meanwhile, you'll appreciate that I took the time to do the math.
OSU's six 2021-2022 OOC opponents went a combined 41-33 last year with 5 of 6 having winning seasons.
OU's six 2021-2022 OOC opponents went a combined 26--48 last year with 1 of 6 having winning seasons.

Do we both have quality opponents planned? Yes. Do we also have some gimmes? Yes. You've got UTEP (x2), Kent State, Arkansas State, Temple (x2), Tulane, Illinois State, etc.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
I realize you were banned from this site when your cohort started this discussion, but he went blabbering on that the only reason OSU wins games is that we have a weak schedule. Meanwhile, you'll appreciate that I took the time to do the math.
OSU's six 2021-2022 OOC opponents went a combined 41-33 last year with 5 of 6 having winning seasons.
OU's six 2021-2022 OOC opponents went a combined 26--48 last year with 1 of 6 having winning seasons.

Do we both have quality opponents planned? Yes. Do we also have some gimmes? Yes. You've got UTEP (x2), Kent State, Arkansas State, Temple (x2), Tulane, Illinois State, etc.
Cool, and my point stands- they dont just go out of their way to avoid competition. They clearly are quite ambitious with their OOC. But it doesnt mean they have a stalwart every time. Not sure why this has to be explained to someone who should already have known this though.

Since you are in the mood to compare- shall we compare who each team has coming up? Interesting how you failed to mention that the last 4 national champions are also on OU's upcoming schedule. But all you saw was kent state, temple, tulane and the like. why is that, i wonder?

lets just start with 2023. who is osu's best ooc opponent? Or are you only interested in discussing one season?

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
Cool, and my point stands- they dont just go out of their way to avoid competition. They clearly are quite ambitious with their OOC. But it doesnt mean they have a stalwart every time. Not sure why this has to be explained to someone who should already have known this though.

Since you are in the mood to compare- shall we compare who each team has coming up? Interesting how you failed to mention that the last 4 national champions are also on OU's upcoming schedule. But all you saw was kent state, temple, tulane and the like. why is that, i wonder?

lets just start with 2023. who is osu's best ooc opponent? Or are you only interested in discussing one season?
I gave you stats on the last TWO seasons and evidence of what OU has scheduled the last FIVE. You want to look at just one season - 2023. Don't care. Look at whatever years we've scheduled Bama in the future and compare those. Our future non-cons are very similar with most years being one tough opponent and 2 gimmes.
As usual, you miss the whole point - your thunderbuddy trying to say OSU has been piling up wins because of a weak schedule, which I've proven 100% false with real numbers.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
I gave you stats on the last TWO seasons and evidence of what OU has scheduled the last FIVE. You want to look at just one season - 2023. Don't care. Look at whatever years we've scheduled Bama in the future and compare those. Our future non-cons are very similar with most years being one tough opponent and 2 gimmes.
As usual, you miss the whole point - your thunderbuddy trying to say OSU has been piling up wins because of a weak schedule, which I've proven 100% false with real numbers.
I don't care how or why they piled up wins on their schedule. The most significant thing is they don't have wins in the most important games. what value is winning all those games when only once did he even win the conference? That's probably why despite all those wins, he still cant recruit very well. players want to play for more than whatever osu plays for most years. (3rd place in the big 12??)

Yep, the last two seasons is all you were able to provide me. Who cares about just two seasons though? obviously you dont care about when they had ohio state, notre dame, tennessee, fsu and the like in the last so many years. It doesnt support your argument.

Of course you dont care about 2023, it doesnt support your argument either. So you bring up the last two years. I get it, but it's dishonest.

If you prefer we can talk about 24, 25, 26, 27 or 28. I don't have to stop at 23, that's just a fine place to start.

You think the future schedules are similar?

Le'ts see what you got. Lets start with next year and go 5 more seasons just to cover serious ground.

OK, go

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
I don't care how or why they piled up wins on their schedule. The most significant thing is they don't have wins in the most important games. what value is winning all those games when only once did he even win the conference? That's probably why despite all those wins, he still cant recruit very well. players want to play for more than whatever osu plays for most years. (3rd place in the big 12??)

Yep, the last two seasons is all you were able to provide me. Who cares about just two seasons though? obviously you dont care about when they had ohio state, notre dame, tennessee, fsu and the like in the last so many years. It doesnt support your argument.

Of course you dont care about 2023, it doesnt support your argument either. So you bring up the last two years. I get it, but it's dishonest.

If you prefer we can talk about 24, 25, 26, 27 or 28. I don't have to stop at 23, that's just a fine place to start.

Le'ts see what you got. Lets start with next year and go 5 more seasons just to cover serious ground.

OK, go
LOL. Future schedules aren't complete yet, but this years is. While OSU's isn't a murderer's row, OU's is once again a complete embarrassment.

7-6 UTEP in Conference USA
7-7 Kent State in the Mid American
3-9 Nebraska in the Big Ten

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.

OK, go
Loses argument, changes subject.

TypicalGooner

Banned
Banned
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
You want to be liked so bad, yet you bloviate so much....
I have you blocked still because you’re a trash person, but you commented so quickly I knew it had to be in reference to this.

I’m not trying to be liked at all. I placate absolutely no one with what I say here. I’m calling a piece of trash human a piece of trash human. That’s you. You said what you said so nonchalantly and without thought that it’s the only conclusion that possibly could be drawn out of that situation. And it’s not any better. Despite your crap apology, you’re still trash.

Now go back and knee slap joke about all the gay dudes in OU’s locker room. I’m sure that’ll be a gut busting joke at the local convenience store over coffee and a sausage biscuit in the morning.

And you say OU fans are backwards. Wow.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
LOL. Future schedules aren't complete yet, but this years is. While OSU's isn't a murderer's row, OU's is once again a complete embarrassment.

7-6 UTEP in Conference USA
7-7 Kent State in the Mid American
3-9 Nebraska in the Big Ten
Yeah Okay mr "Our future non-cons are very similar" but dont want to talk about it all the sudden.

Yeah, if i were you, I would avoid all discussion of future schedules with an OU fan too.