Deadlam 2022

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
What you guys don't understand is that....when it comes to QB's the new head coach Bent Genitals will be coming at this from a different direction.
I don’t know what that means, but they got a top 10 guy in the 22 class and the top QB in Texas in 23. And I like who they are in for in 24. Then got a guy with 8000 pass yards and 70 touchdowns to transfer.

Out of curiosity, how does this compare to what gundy has down the pipe? You think he’d be the one who could really nail down a good quarterback, definitely better than Venables. Unless that’s not a comparison you are willing to discuss

jobob85

Drunkle
A/V Subscriber
Mar 11, 2009
I don’t know what that means, but they got a top 10 guy in the 22 class and the top QB in Texas in 23. And I like who they are in for in 24. Then got a guy with 8000 pass yards and 70 touchdowns to transfer.

Out of curiosity, how does this compare to what gundy has down the pipe? You think he’d be the one who could really nail down a good quarterback, definitely better than Venables. Unless that’s not a comparison you are willing to discuss
Maybe ou should have nailed down their last qb's - foot to floor nailed down.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010

Maybe ou should have nailed down their last qb's - foot to floor nailed down.
Yeah. Maybe but it's better to have someone who wants to be there. Venables said he thought things looked too casual and non chalant when he first showed up. The new environment may be too serious for some personalities like williams. who was lamenting having to wake up at 5 am for workouts last season

Last edited:

StillwaterMan

Beers and loud noises
A/V Subscriber
Jan 5, 2010
Wheres the food at?
Yeah. Maybe but it's better to have someone who wants to be there. Venables said he thought things looked too casual and non chalant when he first showed up. The new environment may be too serious for some personalities like williams. who was lamenting having to wake up at 5 am for workouts last season
The good ole "Culture Change". Nothing else buys a mulligan for a 8-4 first year like "Culture Change".

Rob B.

I'm......Batman.
A/V Subscriber
Aug 13, 2007
Rockin' the GL.

Oh ffs!

TypicalGooner

Banned
Banned
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
If he's here another 10 years, he will continue to reset win records not just for OSU, but will tower over OU coaches too. He passed Bud Wilkinson last year and will likely pass Barry Switzer this year. He already has more bowl wins than Stoops (in less seasons), and in a few years he will pass him in wins, period.
And has accomplished absolutely nothing.

Which means you let a guy do a decent job for a long time and win jack squat.

But hey. He’s “good enough”.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TypicalGooner

Banned
Banned
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
Who has taken a lateral move? We just poached Auburn's DC after losing the nation's best to a blueblood and you're really going to crap on that when your HC bolted in worse fashion? There's that hypocrisy showing again. And what do you know about NIL? Are you aware 50 of our biggest donors met with our AD to work on NIL?

I get that we talk a lot of smack here, but you aren't really doing that.. you're grasping at straws and throwing crap at the wall.
You say poached. But he really just left Auburn and jumped on the first ship out. He’s reportedly still running Knowles defense. Which means he’s just keeping the seat warm for whoever else is coming along after he bolts for a more desirable situation.

Midnight Toker

Banned to Bedlam & Flame
May 28, 2010
The good ole "Culture Change". Nothing else buys a mulligan for a 8-4 first year like "Culture Change".
Don’t really care about mulligans. I just like what he has to say. He said when he got there it was too casual and too much non chalantness. Preaches about how this or that isn’t good enough. He’s bringing a more hard nosed tougher culture to the program which people are responding to. I guess it’s working because recruits keep mentioning it.

I’m allowed to think it’s a good thing

osuwhit

Legendary Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 16, 2011
NE OK
You say poached. But he really just left Auburn and jumped on the first ship out. He’s reportedly still running Knowles defense. Which means he’s just keeping the seat warm for whoever else is coming along after he bolts for a more desirable situation.

That was the Auburn spin machine. He was poached by Gundy and didn’t leave without a bird in the hand. Don’t be naive.

He’s still running the same defense but adding his own twists to it. I think we’ll have to pay up to keep him longer than two years if he keeps the defense humming along.

You talk a lot of sh!t about big boy football and when we make a big boy hire, it’s not good enough for you. OU had a HC with zero experience at the position and you're wearing out your gym sock over it.

TypicalGooner

Banned
Banned
Oct 21, 2011
Norman Trailerpark
That was the Auburn spin machine. He was poached by Gundy and didn’t leave without a bird in the hand. Don’t be naive.

He’s still running the same defense but adding his own twists to it. I think we’ll have to pay up to keep him longer than two years if he keeps the defense humming along.

You talk a lot of sh!t about big boy football and when we make a big boy hire, it’s not good enough for you. OU had a HC with zero experience at the position and you're wearing out your gym sock over it.
He’s…. Not gonna be there longer than two years.

“Auburn spin machine”. He literally jumped out of a dumpster fire to a safe zone so he can look where he really wants to go.

OU has overhauled a very good program to make it a great program. And you guys really have absolutely no leg to stand on with this whole thing. The hoops you’re jumping through are comical.

Sure Gundy’s been there a long time and has won a lot of games, but hasn’t done jack diddly crap. Nor will he. Venables is bringing championship caliber stuff right now. The two programs aren’t even comparable. Hell they’re weren’t even comparable under Stoops or Riley.