Dayton, OH Mass Shooting Leaves 9 Dead 16 Injured Outside Bar

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Oh, I know it's not political, everyone in Twitter and Facebook are screaming about racist trump and these make white supremacist kids.... They make no distinction between the 2 shooters. 1 person tried to say there have been "dozens" of mass shootings under trump and they were all white male racist terrorists.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Trump just blamed the Media
https://twitter.com/realDonaldTrump/status/1158340095608610816?s=19
To be honest people bandy about the words racist and sexist and other derogatory terms to mean "shut up your opinion doesn't matter". It doesn't help that the mainstream media encourages this and perpetuates it. So yeah, between that and the way they glorify the shooters, yeah they are partially responsible.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
To be honest people bandy about the words racist and sexist and other derogatory terms to mean "shut up your opinion doesn't matter". It doesn't help that the mainstream media encourages this and perpetuates it. So yeah, between that and the way they glorify the shooters, yeah they are partially responsible.

Does the media really encourage it ? You saw the responses to the McConnell tweet about him fractureing his shoulder.....I don't think they necessarily encourage it...so much as just report the reality of the American peoples responses

Within seconds of these two shootings Americans were all over Twitter saying some of the most vile and crazy shit you can imagine...if that is the realistic vile response of Americans within minutes of these types of events....is the media not just reporting on that reality?

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Sadly, there are a lot of “woke” twitter idiots that act like that is true.
So do you and others think really the biggest fear is the Muslim terrorist or illegal Mexican immigrant who wants to out do the white shooter's toll in Las Vegas of 59 killed and 527 injured.
Sad that there are other left leaning individuals on this board that actually are having a discussion about this, and you can't possibly put down your usual rhetoric and talk like an adult for a while.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
To be honest people bandy about the words racist and sexist and other derogatory terms
like invaders, "infesting" etc. Doesn't matter which side, terms are clearly being used to dehumanize others and the people on the fringe of sanity are taking those thoughts and using them as a reason to kill.

"But, but, but they ARE being racist so what I say is the truth and not just a derogatory term like they are using against me."
"But, but, but they ARE invading and infesting poor areas so what I say is the truth and not just a derogatory term like they are using against me."

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
To be honest people bandy about the words racist and sexist and other derogatory terms
like invaders, "infesting" etc. Doesn't matter which side, terms are clearly being used to dehumanize others and the people on the fringe of sanity are taking those thoughts and using them as a reason to kill.

"But, but, but they ARE being racist so what I say is the truth and not just a derogatory term like they are using against me."
"But, but, but they ARE invading and infesting poor areas so what I say is the truth and not just a derogatory term like they are using against me."

The ones invading are La Raza and Reconquista. Not all of them.
Well also the MS-13 savages. And they are truly savages.
Most are just misguided thinking they can just ask for asylum and they're in. But that's thanks to liberals lying to them.

steross

he/him
A/V Subscriber
Mar 31, 2004
oklahoma city
The ones invading are La Raza and Reconquista. Not all of them.
Well also the MS-13 savages. And they are truly savages.
Most are just misguided thinking they can just ask for asylum and they're in. But that's thanks to liberals lying to them.

And the ones that are racist are the ones that are white supremacists. Most of them are just misguided and are blaming the wrong people for the troubles in their life based on incorrect reasons that they glean from things that are said.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
Interesting, but not surprising that there are many MSM stories about the El Paso killers thoughts and ideology. But very few stories about Dayton shooter.
The El Paso killer provided a detailed Manifesto to his exact thinking and extremist ideas with multiple mentions in it to the POTUS in several different context. The MSM is going to spend weeks pouring through it line by line.

I'm betting the Ohio guy would get the same attention if he had left one. Had he put out an "All Hail Bernie Sanders" document...it would be treated just the same

Mar 11, 2006
The El Paso killer provided a detailed Manifesto to his exact thinking and extremist ideas with multiple mentions in it to the POTUS in several different context. The MSM is going to spend weeks pouring through it line by line.

I'm betting the Ohio guy would get the same attention if he had left one. Had he put out an "All Hail Bernie Sanders" document...it would be treated just the same
He actually had more social media directly attributed to his name. He specifically said to “vote blue” and that he backed “Elizabeth Warren”.
Let’s not pretend why one is getting more press than the other. One supports a narrative and one does not. This is what should sicken everyone about our media. Ideology is more important for some in the MSM than reporting the news.

Binman4OSU

Legendary Cowboy
Aug 31, 2007
Stupid about AGW!!
He actually had more social media directly attributed to his name. He specifically said to “vote blue” and that he backed “Elizabeth Warren”.
Let’s not pretend why one is getting more press than the other. One supports a narrative and one does not. This is what should sicken everyone about our media. Ideology is more important for some in the MSM than reporting the news.
I don't watch much of any National News but tried to watch MSNBC, CNN, and Fox News this weekend switching back and forth to try to hear the different tones and messages being presented.
CNN interviewing the Mayor of El Paso trying to get him to talk about his stance on gun control and immigration law
MSNBC was talking about how powerful the NRA had become
Fox News was showing a live interview with Navy Seals who swam across The Hudson River

Everyone of them so far off base of the real conversation that needs to take place and the REAL News story that should be pushed.....the lack of mental health facilities and programs in this country.

Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
This guy had a father around and was living with his mother and father. I'm not sure the presence of a father is the magic answer
No, it's definitely not the answer...but I believe it to be a contributing factor.

Clearly, this guy had some severe mental health issues that were not addressed.

Interestingly enough, I saw an article that said less than 25% of mass shooters have been diagnosed with a mental health problem. The point of the article was to say that claiming we need better mental health care won't solve mass shootings. I think that is part of the problem...diagnosed means that an effort was made to take care of the person's mental health.

The main problem with shootings of this type is that there is no cure all to prevent them. Gun control won't stop them all, mental health care won't stop them all, and parenting won't stop them all.

Oct 15, 2003
So Cal
Does the media really encourage it ? You saw the responses to the McConnell tweet about him fractureing his shoulder.....I don't think they necessarily encourage it...so much as just report the reality of the American peoples responses

Within seconds of these two shootings Americans were all over Twitter saying some of the most vile and crazy shit you can imagine...if that is the realistic vile response of Americans within minutes of these types of events....is the media not just reporting on that reality?
yes... the media is to blame for glorifying it.

I turned on the news the morning after the 1st event, and almost 1.5 hrs straight coverage about it.... I said a prayer and shook my head at the tragedy of the event - but I did not need to hear about it continuously, and still hearing about it.

The tragedy should be reported, but the politics should not be reported. (especially since the "politics" are almost entirely biased media coverage and mostly fiction)