Critical race theory in Idaho

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 7, 2006
Yes, there are, and it's regardless of occupation or education level
You don't have to look hard to find a number of Fortune 500 companies that publish their goal to hire and promote more diversity. Same thing at universities. Same thing applies to many city, state and federal jobs. There's obviously still unfair hiring and promoting practices, but those biases span all groups of people. If you work hard, get an education and do quality work you have plenty of opportunities regardless of race.

P4L

Sheriff
Nov 7, 2007
Kenosha, WI
You don't have to look hard to find a number of Fortune 500 companies that publish their goal to hire and promote more diversity. Same thing at universities. Same thing applies to many city, state and federal jobs. There's obviously still unfair hiring and promoting practices, but those biases span all groups of people. If you work hard, get an education and do quality work you have plenty of opportunities regardless of race.
You say that yet all the data disagrees with you. Are there outliers? Absolutely, and they get raised up as examples to say it can happen and there isn't a problem, but as we all know the plural of anecdote is data.

Mar 11, 2006
You say that yet all the data disagrees with you. Are there outliers? Absolutely, and they get raised up as examples to say it can happen and there isn't a problem, but as we all know the plural of anecdote is data.
Outliers? I am really curious where you work or in what industry. In 2021, Outliers are not companies that value hard-working employees regardless of race. Outliers are companies that choose or favor employees based on race.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Outliers? I am really curious where you work or in what industry. In 2021, Outliers are not companies that value hard-working employees regardless of race. Outliers are companies that choose or favor employees based on race.
Are you saying it’s a meritocracy?

OSUCowboy787

Territorial Marshal
Dec 31, 2008
Keller, Texas
Minorities Who 'Whiten' Job Resumes Get More Interviews
Harvard Business School
“DISCRIMINATION STILL EXISTS IN THE WORKPLACE. ORGANIZATIONS NOW HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO RECOGNIZE THIS ISSUE AS A PINCH POINT, SO THEY CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.”
First off who put hobbies on a resume? The article mentioned putting 'white' activities like hiking and if I saw that fluff on a resume I'd instantly put it 'on file'. I'd also be curious to see how the 'whitened' ones looked compared to the non scrubbed, a before and after. They didn't show any examples of what was changed on the resumes and never compared a scrubbed versus non scrubbed for the same job. This study provides nothing to review and only states what you should believe based on information they reviewed and main changes seemed to be name modification. There is/was no control and the jobs applied for could be vastly different. This study IMO is likely extremely inaccurate.

P4L

Sheriff
Nov 7, 2007
Kenosha, WI
Where does it matter where I work? My claim is there is racial bias in hiring processes in general, not for a single industry, and the studies I've seen and read back up that claim. If you would like to provide some data for your argument outside of just saying "we hire based on hard-work, not on race", I would be more than happy to read it.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
First off who put hobbies on a resume? The article mentioned putting 'white' activities like hiking and if I saw that fluff on a resume I'd instantly put it 'on file'. I'd also be curious to see how the 'whitened' ones looked compared to the non scrubbed, a before and after. They didn't show any examples of what was changed on the resumes and never compared a scrubbed versus non scrubbed for the same job. This study provides nothing to review and only states what you should believe based on information they reviewed and main changes seemed to be name modification. There is/was no control and the jobs applied for could be vastly different. This study IMO is likely extremely inaccurate.
duly noted

gogetumpoke

Banned
Banned
Sep 3, 2010
Minorities Who 'Whiten' Job Resumes Get More Interviews
Harvard Business School
“DISCRIMINATION STILL EXISTS IN THE WORKPLACE. ORGANIZATIONS NOW HAVE AN OPPORTUNITY TO RECOGNIZE THIS ISSUE AS A PINCH POINT, SO THEY CAN DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT.”
Exactly right. We need look no further than the NBA, NFL, etc...Heck we even picked a VP based on not only race but gender this time around while excluding every other race and gender.

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
good points...what the hell do these Harvard people know?...

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
What makes you think you can’t?
it was more 'tongue in cheek', the next one will have a hashtag included, #tic...but, since you asked...although the law does not ban teaching the Tulsa Race Massacre, how can teachers have discussions with students about this event that deals with racism and white supremacy (lynchings were still common, residential segregation, etc) during this time in Oklahoma.

Mar 11, 2006
it was more 'tongue in cheek', the next one will have a hashtag included, #tic...but, since you asked...although the law does not ban teaching the Tulsa Race Massacre, how can teachers have discussions with students about this event that deals with racism and white supremacy (lynchings were still common, residential segregation, etc) during this time in Oklahoma.
Unless you know something different about the law and what the Dept of Ed approved earlier this week, there is nothing that prohibits teaching history. Bad areas of American history will be taught just like it has been in the past — nothing changes or stops that.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW
Unless you know something different about the law and what the Dept of Ed approved earlier this week, there is nothing that prohibits teaching history. Bad areas of American history will be taught just like it has been in the past — nothing changes or stops that.
The question isn’t whether or not we teach history. It’s WHOSE version will we teach? Leftists want to subvert the founding principles of our nation. The far right wants to literally whitewash what happened, wrapped in a patriotic mythology. Thankfully those are not our only choices.

Apr 7, 2006
The difference in teaching history as it has been taught and CRT is that CRT teaches using classes of people (since it is an offshoot of Marxism) and then attaches those classes of people to today's society to attempt to connect the dots between injustices of the past and people/policy today.

There has been portions of history not taught either because it was uncomfortable/unpatriotic and/or it falls into a time period thats part of the history curriculum of the class.

Example: I don't recall in any high school class learning about any history after 1900. Doesn't mean it didn't happen, but I don't remember it. What I remember is the focus of American being on exploration/colonization to reconstruction with a few exceptions.