Critical race theory in Idaho

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
He's actually right. You said "communities of color".

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I did, they are the ones that are the most disenfranchised at the moment, so the most likely to take action. It would be a mixed demographic that would jump on the new party train though. Figured people were intelligent enough to know how something like that would work. Guess that makes me an idiot for assuming other people are capable of critical thinking.

Deere Poke

I'd rather be in the woods
A/V Subscriber
Feb 13, 2014
Bixby-Bristow OK
Forming a new party is no guarantee that existing congressional incumbents would join, nor that new candidates would be elected. If it doesn’t take a huge number to make change, why doesn’t it happen often?

Not at all. It’s not a binary option. There’s a whole spectrum of options that don’t include forming their own People of Color party (that I predict would be ignored).

Or until they get pressure from within. New candidates that come in with a stronger platform that appeals to a larger/more engaged block of voters. Either way, it still doesn’t mean people of color have to form their own party. There are plenty of third party options already available. I’m sure there are some that may be more appealing/helpful than the DNC/GOP.

My whole point is that your solution was too myopic, and it was segregation (which in itself is racist). It’s an over-simplistic idea and it pushes people of color out of the political arena and into the margins.
You propose no solution or change. Candidates are vetted by the parties, they get what they want with very few exceptions. We get lip service that a candidate is different.

The reason a third party has never become viable is the lie that a vote for a third party is a wasted vote. Everyone takes it hook line and sinker and keeps the establishment in place because they are afraid the third party vote will get the evil other party in. Here is a hint there is only one party. They work together to keep us divided and retain power.

Oct 29, 2016
US
You propose no solution or change. Candidates are vetted by the parties, they get what they want with very few exceptions. We get lip service that a candidate is different.

The reason a third party has never become viable is the lie that a vote for a third party is a wasted vote. Everyone takes it hook line and sinker and keeps the establishment in place because they are afraid the third party vote will get the evil other party in. Here is a hint there is only one party. They work together to keep us divided and retain power.
The US has remarkable political stability during its existence. No other country in existence or history has had that kind of luxury. I, for one, believe that both party's should be flushed down the toilet, where they belong. Having said that, what guarantee that a new form of political party's would best the previous two? No guarantee. That will never happen tho. The FBI's sole existence is to ensure that political stability will remain. Literally, that's what it was designed to do. And so we'll never know if the US would ever benefit by having more than two party's. I mean, that is why only two party's, GOP and Dem, are allowed on the voting ticket.

TheMonkey

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Sep 16, 2004
DFW

I said they can work for reform within the existing system. This includes third parties.

Figured you were intelligent enough to know how something like that would work. Guess that makes me an idiot for assuming you were capable of critical thinking.

RxCowboy

Has no Rx for his orange obsession.
A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Closer to Stillwater today than I was last year
He's actually right. You said "communities of color".

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
I did, they are the ones that are the most disenfranchised at the moment, so the most likely to take action. It would be a mixed demographic that would jump on the new party train though. Figured people were intelligent enough to know how something like that would work. Guess that makes me an idiot for assuming other people are capable of critical thinking.
How about undisenfranchising them instead of segregating and marginalizing them more?

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk

Mar 11, 2006
Critical race theory, which is specifically about storytelling over evidence and reason, and states the importance of being race conscious.….is teaching history?
Please show just one item of CRT teaching history that conservatives are wanting to stop.
I realize the above is just a silly comic directed to a liberal audience, but c’mon. There are a few things I hope all on this site would agree and treating people equally regardless of race should be one.

Last edited:

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
Critical race theory, which is specifically about storytelling over evidence and reason, and states the importance of being race conscious.….is teaching history?
Please show just one item of CRT teaching history that conservatives are wanting to stop.
I realize the above is just a silly comic directed to a liberal audience, but c’mon. There are a few things I hope all on this site would agree and treating people equally regardless of race should be one.
it's a joke Francis...relax...nothing much changes in most states, but I've heard Texas may be more extreme, haven't done research...what bothers me is that in OK, a teacher could lose teaching certificate and/or parents can file complaints with state board...example: a teacher gives an assignment on the subject of privilege, (write your opinion of whether you believe in white privilege in USA) Is this something that could be up for debate?

Mar 11, 2006
it's a joke Francis...relax...nothing much changes in most states, but I've heard Texas may be more extreme, haven't done research...what bothers me is that in OK, a teacher could lose teaching certificate and/or parents can file complaints with state board...example: a teacher gives an assignment on the subject of privilege, (write your opinion of whether you believe in white privilege in USA) Is this something that could be up for debate?
I …and I hope you ….would certainly not want to see this type of instruction in an elementary, middle, or high school.
https://twitter.com/mythinformedmke/status/1414630823840604162?s=21

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
I …and I hope you ….would certainly not want to see this type of instruction in an elementary, middle, or high school.
that guy is an idiot...99% of people in that class would see him as a buffoon...daughter shares with us things that a professor has said in regards to women and she is astute enough to make her own decisions and own opinions on subject...now answer my question about the scenario I gave...

Last edited:

UrbanCowboy1

Some cowboys gots smarts real good like me.
Aug 8, 2006
Phoenix, AZ
that guy is an idiot...99% of people in that class would see him as a buffoon...my youngest kid shares with us things that a professor has said in regards to women and she is astute enough to make her own decisions and own opinions on subject...now answer my question about the scenario I gave...
Kids in elementary school don't see their teachers as buffoons. If you tell a 9 year old this stuff they aren't going to question the teacher. Also, WTF kind of response is this? You even agree that the example from the video shows a buffoon, but you want it taught in public schools to kids that accept most everything adults tell them.

I'm going to guess that the vast majority defending CRT are white, have little to no skin color variation in their immediate circle, and just assumes this is what 'colored people' want. But I'm not seeing the moto that CRT proponents have to state if they are defending it: "I only am saying this not because I'm interested in helping people of other races, I only think it because I believe it will benefit me as an oppressor of other races". Not saying this is the same as a Christian who doesn't believe in Jesus. If you really believe what you're saying, ya gotta start with the motto.

Jul 9, 2004
College, racism and privilege.....
Does that idiot professor have any clue as to the number of college scholarships for which his "privileged" white male students were not allowed application just based on the fact that they were white?

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
If the white kid has an inherent advantage in his class, then isn't that kind of on him?

PF5

Deputy
Jan 3, 2014
Kids in elementary school don't see their teachers as buffoons. If you tell a 9 year old this stuff they aren't going to question the teacher. Also, WTF kind of response is this? You even agree that the example from the video shows a buffoon, but you want it taught in public schools to kids that accept most everything adults tell them.

I'm going to guess that the vast majority defending CRT are white, have little to no skin color variation in their immediate circle, and just assumes this is what 'colored people' want. But I'm not seeing the moto that CRT proponents have to state if they are defending it: "I only am saying this not because I'm interested in helping people of other races, I only think it because I believe it will benefit me as an oppressor of other races". Not saying this is the same as a Christian who doesn't believe in Jesus. If you really believe what you're saying, ya gotta start with the motto.
first off, a 9 year old is not hearing "this stuff"...I did not say I wanted this taught in schools (the video example)...I don't think it's wrong to have young people (high school and college) debate/challenge/think about examples in our society that have benefited whites (jim crow laws)...I gave an example of having students debate or write down thoughts about whether they believe 'white privilege' is a thing in our society...I asked whether this would get an OK educator in trouble...if it does, IMO that is wrong...
also, your "guess that the vast majority defending CRT are white is probably wrong:
(from two stories I found online)
*The majority of Black people surveyed find critical race theory to be at least somewhat favorable at 68 percent. Only 31 percent of white people find it to be at least somewhat favorable.
*(are ok with exposure of crt in schools) Democrats (by a 76 percent to 9 percent margin), Black Americans (62 percent to 23 percent) and 18- to 29-year-olds (53 percent to 23 percent).
In conclusion, I think this whole thing is blown out of proportion, I think we should allow teachers/professors to teach and if they cross the line, be reprimanded...I don't think much is going to change in OK, but I am skeptical as to how this 'taking away teaching certificate' will work out...

P4L

Sheriff
Nov 7, 2007
Kenosha, WI
What in the video do you not want taught? That if you take 2 practically identical people, but one is white and one is black and they interview for the same job that the white person doesn't have an advantage? Aren't there plenty of studies that actually vet this out?

Mar 11, 2006
What in the video do you not want taught? That if you take 2 practically identical people, but one is white and one is black and they interview for the same job that the white person doesn't have an advantage? Aren't there plenty of studies that actually vet this out?
Are there? What business are you in that this is the case that white people have an advantage over black people?

RxCowboy

A/V Subscriber
Nov 8, 2004
Are there? What business are you in that this is the case that white people have an advantage over black people?
Yeah, there is actual data.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk