COWGIRLS SOFTBALL: WCWS EDITION

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Spoken like someone who’s never done something difficult
Nope. I never have. Ever.

Most players who talk about winning national championships fight through their nerves. You don't often hear a coach talk about how nervous his team is. Usually once the action starts, the adrenaline takes over and you just perform.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
If you’re not nervous in the WCWS then your not human. However, Texas should have the same nerves, so it’s no excuse, just an observation
Exactly. Of course you're nervous before the game. Then you play. Texas is. We're making a lot of uncharacteristic mistakes. Its the same as being "not big enough for the moment" as others have said.

The good thing is: Kelly Maxwell will not play nervous. She might be nervous, but you won't know it

OkstateKerr

Federal Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Texas wins 5-0. Never really threatened to score in that game. Need to figure something out in the next 30 minutes

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I've been saying all year--Naomi and Busby have to hit. Busby had a flash, but now its back to providing nothing.

Naomi is too good defensively and has been at least getting on base, but I'd go a different direction than Busby.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Ouch!!! Czech out-pitched Morgan Day!!!! I was afraid that would happen. This is what happen when you play for tomorrow and not playing to win for today!!! Hopefully it doesn't turn to bite us in the a$$. She's good to give up a HR a game, and unfortunately there were bases on!!

Dec 3, 2012
Ouch!!! Czech out-pitched Morgan Day!!!! I was afraid that would happen. This is what happen when you play for tomorrow and not playing to win for today!!! Hopefully it doesn't turn to bite us in the a$$. She's good to give up a HR a game, and unfortunately there were bases on!!
If she pitched a perfect game, the score would have been 0-0