COWGIRLS SOFTBALL: Bedlam edition

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Before season started, I predicted us winning atleast one game in Norman. But seeing how we are underperforming….we’ll not so good
On paper, fairly reasonable expectation…. But when your upperclassmen aren’t performing…it makes things difficult thus puts your offense in a bind

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
It just bothers me to read about the team being overconfident through the first half of the season. Sorry to be a broken record...but how could that be? You're chasing a team that some say could be the best ever. I'd think the staff and upperclassmen would instill a sense of urgency for the season, but it has been hard to see most of the time, and now here we are.

OkstateKerr

Federal Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
It just bothers me to read about the team being overconfident through the first half of the season. Sorry to be a broken record...but how could that be? You're chasing a team that some say could be the best ever. I'd think the staff and upperclassmen would instill a sense of urgency for the season, but it has been hard to see most of the time, and now here we are.
Considering how poorly the Clearwater tournament went I can't imagine them being super confident

OkstateKerr

Federal Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Pitcher from last night in for OU. How does she not get called for an illegal pitch every time she throws the ball? There is clear separation between her foot and the ground.

Mar 25, 2010
I think we really need to look at getting a new hitting coach. There is no way almost every returning player can have that much of a drop off compared to last year, without terrible coaching. There is no discipline, no consistency, no energy from the batters. We really need to look for a change in some capacity from our hitting.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I thought Naomi was poised for an All American, player of the year type season. She's hitting .229, which is two points better than Busby at .227

Of course, they were facing a pitching with a POINT ZERO NINE ERA, so I guess for today I can forgive them.

There's also just not much of an attitude with this team. There's no Febrey, Show, or even Shippy to be a spark. Only one that has much energy is Elish.

OkstateKerr

Federal Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
I thought Naomi was poised for an All American, player of the year type season. She's hitting .229, which is two points better than Busby at .227

Of course, they were facing a pitching with a POINT ZERO NINE ERA, so I guess for today I can forgive them.
Felt like there were more scoring chances today than there were yesterday.