Cowgirls Softball 2022 season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Nov 8, 2007
Bartlesville
Having spent the weekend watching Coach G and staff run a camp, I can tell you with 100% certainty how he has created a top program.

He was out on the field all day, for two days, with 25ish girls all trying to convince him that they are the next Cowgirl superstar. The way that he interacted, coached, and talked with these girls was incredible. His staff was all out there doing the exact same thing. The players that were helping were all having FUN. They were all joking with the staff and the girls. You could tell that they wanted to be there.

One of the other parents I was sitting next to said that they have been to several college camps, and there aren't many where the HC is out there running the drills and coaching during them. They described Coach G as "A regular dad that landed his dream job of coaching softball." From what I saw, I wouldn't disagree.

Also...Morgan Day is HILARIOUS. You have to catch a game, because even if she isn't pitching...I'm sure you will be able to hear her.

Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
Having spent the weekend watching Coach G and staff run a camp, I can tell you with 100% certainty how he has created a top program.

He was out on the field all day, for two days, with 25ish girls all trying to convince him that they are the next Cowgirl superstar. The way that he interacted, coached, and talked with these girls was incredible. His staff was all out there doing the exact same thing. The players that were helping were all having FUN. They were all joking with the staff and the girls. You could tell that they wanted to be there.

One of the other parents I was sitting next to said that they have been to several college camps, and there aren't many where the HC is out there running the drills and coaching during them. They described Coach G as "A regular dad that landed his dream job of coaching softball." From what I saw, I wouldn't disagree.

Also...Morgan Day is HILARIOUS. You have to catch a game, because even if she isn't pitching...I'm sure you will be able to hear her.

Glad to hear that you had fun and hope your kid/kids did too.

Im so excited for this upcoming season and see Coach G get these young ladies ready and play at a high level.

Jun 6, 2021
Houston
Several different girls have gotten time behind the plate this fall. Tuck, Petty, and Sparks have gotten the majority of the time back there. Herdejurgen had her knee scoped due to a failed repair on a previous injury. She did get some AB's in the last few games, but no time behind the plate while rehabbing and strengthening her knee. Schneidmiller due to have surgery for a major knee injury I believe.

Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
Several different girls have gotten time behind the plate this fall. Tuck, Petty, and Sparks have gotten the majority of the time back there. Herdejurgen had her knee scoped due to a failed repair on a previous injury. She did get some AB's in the last few games, but no time behind the plate while rehabbing and strengthening her knee. Schneidmiller due to have surgery for a major knee injury I believe.
Thanks for the update

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
-Schneidmiller tore her ACL over a week ago. She's done for the year. If healthy, she was in contention for serious playing, possibly start.

-Maggie came in with knee issues like the poster mentioned. Tore her ACL her junior year, played her senior year, but wasn't quite right. Glad to see her get some AB's at the end of fall ball. If healthy, she'll have a chance at some playing time due to her hitting ability

-Like I mentioned previously, Brianna Evans is going to be in the lineup as she's overtaken the 2nd base position. Quite honestly she's had the best fall out of everyone including returners.

-Avery Hobson and Scotland David are still recovering from their injuries from the summer league and didn't participate in the fall season. Hobson is on track to be ready by spring, while David is iffy to say the least.

-Petty will start somewhere, but the question is where? She has played 2nd, 3rd, LF, and catcher. If she's not on the field, she'll DP. She's had a good fall, especially at the plate.

Tatum Clopton will pitch some this year despite Maxwell, Day, and Elish in the circle. The arm is that good, but she's even just as good at the plate. We have another legit two-way player and she'll play quite a bit this season. Elish is the wild card in all of this. She hasn't played in nearly two years so how long does it take before she's hitting her stride?

Right now if it was opening day, the lineup would likely look like this

3rd- Pennington
SS- Naomi
2nd- Evans
1st- Wynne
LF- Alexander/Petty
CF- Factor
RF- Busby
C- Tuck/Petty
DP-Petty/Clopton

You still have Hobson, who came on very strong at the end of the season on the bench for depth as well as Michaela Richbourg, who's competing with Morgan Wynne at 1st base. Katelynn Carwile has found a home as an OF, and had a pretty good fall. Her hitting has improved now she's focused as a position player instead of trying to become a two-way player.

This team is legit, and expectations are high, like national championship expectations. Could this be the year? It won't be easy as the champs are in Norman, and their lineup is loaded per usual. I'm definitely looking forward to the spring.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
So the oSu Softball team tweeted today (Friday) showing the team knocking down the outfield fence.

The fencing did not look that old or whatever.

So is the new fence going to be different looking? Same distance?

Anyone know details regarding why the outfield fencing was taken town?

Thanks

Here is the link to the twitter site:

https://twitter.com/CowgirlSB

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
So the oSu Softball team tweeted today (Friday) showing the team knocking down the outfield fence.

The fencing did not look that old or whatever.

So is the new fence going to be different looking? Same distance?

Anyone know details regarding why the outfield fencing was taken town?

Thanks

Here is the link to the twitter site:

https://twitter.com/CowgirlSB
It was in better shape than my backyard fence.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
-Schneidmiller tore her ACL over a week ago. She's done for the year. If healthy, she was in contention for serious playing, possibly start.

-Maggie came in with knee issues like the poster mentioned. Tore her ACL her junior year, played her senior year, but wasn't quite right. Glad to see her get some AB's at the end of fall ball. If healthy, she'll have a chance at some playing time due to her hitting ability

-Like I mentioned previously, Brianna Evans is going to be in the lineup as she's overtaken the 2nd base position. Quite honestly she's had the best fall out of everyone including returners.

-Avery Hobson and Scotland David are still recovering from their injuries from the summer league and didn't participate in the fall season. Hobson is on track to be ready by spring, while David is iffy to say the least.

-Petty will start somewhere, but the question is where? She has played 2nd, 3rd, LF, and catcher. If she's not on the field, she'll DP. She's had a good fall, especially at the plate.

Tatum Clopton will pitch some this year despite Maxwell, Day, and Elish in the circle. The arm is that good, but she's even just as good at the plate. We have another legit two-way player and she'll play quite a bit this season. Elish is the wild card in all of this. She hasn't played in nearly two years so how long does it take before she's hitting her stride?

Right now if it was opening day, the lineup would likely look like this

3rd- Pennington
SS- Naomi
2nd- Evans
1st- Wynne
LF- Alexander/Petty
CF- Factor
RF- Busby
C- Tuck/Petty
DP-Petty/Clopton

You still have Hobson, who came on very strong at the end of the season on the bench for depth as well as Michaela Richbourg, who's competing with Morgan Wynne at 1st base. Katelynn Carwile has found a home as an OF, and had a pretty good fall. Her hitting has improved now she's focused as a position player instead of trying to become a two-way player.

This team is legit, and expectations are high, like national championship expectations. Could this be the year? It won't be easy as the champs are in Norman, and their lineup is loaded per usual. I'm definitely looking forward to the spring.
Great rundown thanks!