Cowgirls Softball 2022 season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
2022 incoming via transfer

P Miranda Elish
P Morgan Day
1B Morgyn Wynne

incoming freshmen and rated by Extra Inning Elite 100

P Tatum Clopton #10
U Brianna Evans #11
U Tatum Sparks #25
U Hailey Kasti #56
C Maggie Herdejurgen #65
C Audrey Schneidmiller #75
P/1B Kathryn Ogg

Too early projected starters

Pitchers
#1 Elish
#2 Maxwell
#3 Day

with S. Evans, Carwile, Clopton and Ogg

C- Taylor Tuck or Maggie or Audrey
1B Morgyn Wynne
2B Petty
3B Pennington
SS Naomi
LF Alexander
CF Factor
RF Busby or Richbourg
DP Busby or Hobson

Other players returning

David
Callaham

Feel free to correct me if I’m wrong somewhere

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Kenny G and mike B are 1A and 1B in terms of top recruiters on campus.

Brianna Evans will seriously challenge petty at 2nd. Scotland David and Avery Hobson suffered pretty significant knee injuries in summer ball playing in Florida and it’s unlikely they’ll go through fall ball. They might not be ready for the start of the season although Hobson could be ready. It’ll be interesting to see who’s the ace of the staff as Elish hasn’t played in over a year. I feel bad for the young pitchers since they won’t be getting much time, which will likely lead to a couple of them leaving

Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
Saw a picture on Facebook that showed David and Hobson on crutches…didn’t know the seriousness of their injuries. Didnt know they played over in Florida this past summer…assuming they had their knees cleaned up. Hope everything works out for them and be fully recovered for start of regular season.

With Elish, knowing she didn’t play last year…I’m thinking she kept training and crafting her pitching skills for this yr knowingly having one year remaining.

something I dread is the young players possibly enter the portal. Hoping these young players stick around and grow.

Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
Cowgirls Fall schedule

2021 Oklahoma State Softball Fall Schedule
(dates and times subject to change – all times CST)
Sept. 23 – vs Seminole State (6 p.m.)
Sept. 29 – vs USAO (6 p.m.)
Oct. 3 – vs West Texas A&M (2 p.m.)
Oct. 6 – at Tulsa (5 p.m.)
Oct. 9 – vs Oklahoma Christian (6 p.m.)
Oct. 13 – vs North Texas (5 p.m.)
Oct. 16 – vs LSU (TBA)
Oct. 20 – vs Wichita State (5 p.m.)

off of okstate.com

Apr 18, 2021
Edmond, OK
comparing Kenny G. To Mike B as recruiters isn’t close at this time. Kenny G offers and lands top recruits and portal transfers. Boynton has 1 HS commit since Cade. Any Coach can offer top recruits, but gaining commitments is what separates top coaches. I get that Coach B got Bryce Thompson from the portal and Memphis big man, but I still believe the jury out on how good these two players will be. Both basketball players averaged 5-6 pts per game. Kenny G. is signing girls from the portal who have had great success at previous program. The Pitcher from Texas that just committed was the Player of the Year in 2019!

H2Orange

Sitting on the Group W bench
A/V Subscriber
Nov 17, 2007
Edmond
comparing Kenny G. To Mike B as recruiters isn’t close at this time. Kenny G offers and lands top recruits and portal transfers. Boynton has 1 HS commit since Cade. Any Coach can offer top recruits, but gaining commitments is what separates top coaches. I get that Coach B got Bryce Thompson from the portal and Memphis big man, but I still believe the jury out on how good these two players will be. Both basketball players averaged 5-6 pts per game. Kenny G. is signing girls from the portal who have had great success at previous program. The Pitcher from Texas that just committed was the Player of the Year in 2019!
Boynton also has the NCAA sanctions hanging over his head right now. That makes a difference.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Happy to have both and it’s more than fair to say they’re equal in recruiting. Kenny G has had some bust in recruiting. Gabby sprang and Jordan doggett most recently along with maci cunconan who transferred to Lispcomb after struggling to break the lineup. Mattie Boyd as well who transferred to Houston as a highly touted RHP

only bad thing for Elish is she won’t be here til January. Kelly likely will be the ace IMO

Apr 18, 2021
Edmond, OK
Every coaching staff has busts and I’m not sure you even want to get into the number of Boynton recruits that have left or been kicked off the team. It’s my opinion the job that Kenny G has down with the OSU program with recruiting and Back to back World Series is incredible. If Coach B gets us to back to back final fours then I’ll agree with you.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Oh I agree boynton has more, but still both are equal in terms of engaging with young people and selling their respective programs in my eyes. They’re both equal IMO. Now if you want to talk about who’s done a better job coaching with their respective programs, it goes without saying. Boynton still figuring out the coaching part.

Nov 8, 2004
Tell me is Wes Ulm still the strength coach? As an aside, I hope for a more traditional uniform look soon with silver nike logo attached. I'd purchase more merchandise.