Cowgirls Softball 2022 season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

oSuAusTex

Territorial Marshal
Jul 24, 2005
Stillwater
I have been meaning to post about something regarding the softball stadium. I have seen some posts or other info about the possibility of a new stadium.

This past season produced some great crowds to see the Cowgirls and I was one of those fans since I now live in Stillwater.

Since the new stadium (if it happens) is still way down the line, I was wondering about this possibility:

Move the current wooden stands that touch up against the left out field fence to the fence area just to the north of the scoreboard.
Then move the whole or a big part of the old metal bleachers of Allie P Stadium stadium to the current spot of the wooden stands. I am talking about the metal bleachers running down the third base line of Allie P.

I think those metal bleachers seated approx 1,000 fans when Allie P was current. Moving those to the softball stadium would just about double the current capacity of the Softball stadium.

Thoughts?

Jun 27, 2018
okc
I think they are thinking bigger than that. Coach wants a smaller version of O'Brate. That would probably not mean wooden or used things.

He mentions within 3 years and demolishing the present stadium. Don't know if that's a possibility but if so, I can see them using Allie P., until the new park is done.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
As expected shipman commits to Alabama. We inquired about her, but bama was the team to beat from the start. Safe to say we’re done recruiting. We have more than enough to make it back to OKC

Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
Possible returning starters from the WCWS

Catcher ???
1B ???
2B Petty 3 years remaining
3B Pennington 1 yr remaining
SS Naomi 2 yrs remaining
OF Alexander 1 yr remaining
OF Factor 2 yrs
OF Busby 1 yr
DP Hobson 3 yrs

P Maxwell 3 yrs

Players returning unless something change.

OF/1B Richbourg 1 yr
OF Scotland David 3 yrs
U Tuck 2 yrs
IF Barnes 3 yrs
U Callaham 3 yrs
U Lohman 2 yrs(maybe 3)
P/IF Carwile 3 yrs
U Cunconan 3 yrs
P Boyd 3 yrs
P/U Evans 3 yrs

players eligibility is done or possibly transferring
Febrey
Eberle
Wright
Doggett
Sprang
Brantley
Simunek
Dominguez(gonna miss her dancing behind Coach G interviews)

Incoming

According to Extra Inning Softball, Coach G has sign the 8th best recruiting class includes three in the top 25 players nationally.

https://okstate.com/news/2020/11/11/osu-softball-pulls-in-top-10-signing-class.aspx

Transfer Portal

Curious if he going to use the portal to bring in a big bat or a complimentary pitcher to go with Maxwell or both. We will find out more within the next couple of weeks.
Haha her dancing behind Coach G was great! :thumbup:

Nov 22, 2020
Belton, TX
I've never understood these youngsters leaving. Were they encouraged to do so? All sophomores transferring to FAR lesser teams. Cuconan batting .333 in limited at bats. Surely she would have seen increased roles down the road.

Barnes? Meh.

Boyd wants to be the big fish?

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I was wrong, we ended up adding a catcher after all, just a HS prospect instead of someone from the portal. Plays for a travel club that’s elite and one of the premier clubs in the nation. Originally signed with LA Tech, but asked for her release. Now we have 3 catchers to work with.

https://twitter.com/CowgirlSB/status/1416142301756235777?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw