Cowgirl Softball - Standings

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
If I looked at the standings correctly the girls can clinch a 2nd place conference finish with 2 wins this weekend over Texas.

The Sooners series with Baylor was changed to a double header on 4/27 after that series was cancelled earlier this month due to COVID issues within Baylor (continuing theme). Sure wish Baylor could have that 3rd shot at the Sooners...

If the Cowgirls can sweep Texas and take 2 from the Sooners, the Cowgirls would claim the regular season title.

Capture.JPG

Last edited:
Dec 17, 2011
Can't overlook the non conference games too. We already lost to WSU this year and Tulsa put us in a dog fight in regionals 2019.

Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
Can't overlook the non conference games too. We already lost to WSU this year and Tulsa put us in a dog fight in regionals 2019.
We split with WSU with the rubber match Tuesday night. We already beaten Tulsa once this yr(7-0) and have them again Wednesday.

Both WSU and Tulsa has always had very competitive teams. We cannot look past them for Texas that for sure.

Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
The reality of the situation is, I will be shocked if we are not run ruled by OU all 3 games.
While there is a bit of separation between 1 and 2, I just don't see 3 run rules in the series. You're thinking of OU's run rule games over Texas Tech (total runs 55-0). Keep in mind that Tech has 2 conference wins. We only have 1 conference loss.

Jul 31, 2012
Near Ardmore, Okla
While there is a bit of separation between 1 and 2, I just don't see 3 run rules in the series. You're thinking of OU's run rule games over Texas Tech (total runs 55-0). Keep in mind that Tech has 2 conference wins. We only have 1 conference loss.
I’ll add that Carrie Eberle is 7th in the nation with a .84 ERA. Maxwell is tied for 23rd with a 1.22 ERA.

Our rpi is 8th in the nation to prove that we did not have a cupcake schedule. And it’s going to go up with WSU(already played), Texas this weekend before we face OU.

We haven’t faced an offensive juggernaut like OU. But they haven’t faced pitchers like Eberle and Maxwell. Looked at OU schedule, unless I missed any, the top pitchers they have faced so far, ranked 86th and 96th respectively(almost a 2 ERA).

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
If I looked at the standings correctly the girls can clinch a 2nd place conference finish with 2 wins this weekend over Texas.

The Sooners series with Baylor was changed to a double header on 4/27 after that series was cancelled earlier this month due to COVID issues within Baylor (continuing theme). Sure wish Baylor could have that 3rd shot at the Sooners...

If the Cowgirls can sweep Texas and take 2 from the Sooners, the Cowgirls would claim the regular season title.

View attachment 89929
Change your screen name to “the Profit”

Oct 30, 2007
and while we are dreaming of ways to win the Big 12 . .. we could go 2-1 w/uT and sweep 0U
The reality of the situation is, I will be shocked if we are not run ruled by OU all 3 games.
So, you expect OU to run rule all remaining games through to national title? I have not looked but to expect this I am guessing OU already has 35+ run rules on the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
I really hope we can win the conference. But, honestly I’d be ecstatic winning 1 of 3 against OU. They’ve lost 1 game this year and we have a 24 game losing streak against them. Our last win over OU was in 2011 and we are 4-45 against them dating back to 2002 (I couldn’t find any info before that). Hoping for 2 of 3, but I’ll take 1 of 3 for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk