Cowgirl Golf in NCAA Match Play

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
Match play is all about making Putts. Ole Miss is doing it, OSU is not. Good news is that it somehow isn’t over yet. Our best 2 golfers are both only down 1 hole. Both of them will have to come back and win.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
The challenge is it’s so hard to get there. You need to win it when you’re there. You could be even better next year and still not win or even make it to match play. Still lots to be proud of!

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Putting and the pressure to win a NCAA championship on the women's side I think got to them IMO.....assuming they get to match play next year, this experience will only help them. Went against a buzz-saw today lead by two 5th year seniors. 4 of our 5 starters are freshman and sophmores with bailey being a junior.

Experience matters in golf. Ole miss was the better putting team and it showed. We have more overall talent, but the lack of experience, and not being as solid putting were costly today. Proud of the cowgirls of showing class, and congratulating Ole Miss.

superpoke

Territorial Marshal
Jun 28, 2005
Orange Country USA
So which category does this fall under, "Poke Choke" or "Act of Squinky?"

Fourth time one of our women's teams finishes in second place at a national tournament. Cowgirl Golf is now the first one to do it twice.

This may have been the best chance for a long time to break the women's title jinx. Anyone on the roster goes pro, as Stark and Fierro could easily choose, then this isn't happening again soon.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Falls in the category of "Ole Miss was simply better today"....especially since no one expected them to be here in the first place. By the way, I highly doubt Starks and Fierro go pro considering they have a lot more work to do in their game.

Last edited: