Cowgirl Basketball 2021-2022 Season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Isn’t there like 5 teams in the top 25 from the conference? Baylor, iowa state, k-state, OU, and Texas are all ranked. That’s a pretty strong league to me, especially since that’s half of you’re entire league, which is a good thing IMO. Nice to see several teams in the top 25.

whether mulkey is here or not, winning the big XII is never going to be easy. When littell leaves, which could be real soon, it’s not going to be easy simply because there’s several quality coaches in the league. As long as we can make the NCAA tournament annually, and every few years put together a team that can make a deep run, I’m good with that.
What is a deep run in the NCAA Tournament to you, Sweet 16? Elite 8? 2nd round? Littell had a Sweet 16 in Year 3. Since then he has produced a 1st Round Exit, 1st Round Exit, WNIT 1st Round Exit, NCAA 2nd Round, No Postseason, Postseason cancelled (but no guarantee as OSUCOWGIRLS mentioned above), NCAA 2nd Round.

Competing for a Big 12 Championship should be a goal of the program, IMO. It will not be easy as you stated, but it should be a goal. Littell is a multiple time Big 12 COY and hasnt come within 4 games of winning the conference. There's a minimum of 16 games left this season. OSU needs to win 8 of those to qualify for any postseason tournament. Let's hope they can come through and any momentum gained from last year's 2nd round exit isnt completely lost. Already didnt result in any signees this class so the momentum is waning already.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
What is a deep run in the NCAA Tournament to you, Sweet 16? Elite 8? 2nd round? Littell had a Sweet 16 in Year 3. Since then he has produced a 1st Round Exit, 1st Round Exit, WNIT 1st Round Exit, NCAA 2nd Round, No Postseason, Postseason cancelled (but no guarantee as OSUCOWGIRLS mentioned above), NCAA 2nd Round.

Competing for a Big 12 Championship should be a goal of the program, IMO. It will not be easy as you stated, but it should be a goal. Littell is a multiple time Big 12 COY and hasnt come within 4 games of winning the conference. There's a minimum of 16 games left this season. OSU needs to win 8 of those to qualify for any postseason tournament. Let's hope they can come through and any momentum gained from last year's 2nd round exit isnt completely lost. Already didnt result in any signees this class so the momentum is waning already.
I think you misunderstood what I was saying….I never said we shouldn’t compete for championship. I’m being realistic in which we won’t winning one every year, but once every few years we should be serious be competing, meaning we should be favored or near the top. Nothing wrong with saying that. If we become a powerhouse in basketball I’ll change my tune, but right now I don’t see it. This staff decided not to sign anyone…they could have but they made a conscious decision not to. Of course the portal could change things but that what I was told they don’t plan on signing anyone for the 2022 cycle.

in terms of a deep run….speaking more towards elite 8, final four. If you recruit, coach, develop at a high level each year, then a deep run is attainable IMO. We haven’t reached that level…maybe someday we will, maybe we won’t. We’ll see what happens this teams finishes…hopefully they shock everyone but right now, this team could realistically lose every game on their schedule, and I wouldn’t be that surprised simply because they’re that bad offensively.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Really weak foul call on OSU with 2 seconds left after Fields hit the huge 3. But the Cowgirls wilt in the 2nd half for the second game in a row, this time they don't survive. This will be one of few conference wins for TCU.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Ouch!!! another L......like I said earlier, unfortunately this team could realistically lose every game from here on out and it wouldn't be that surprising.

Oct 24, 2005
Stillwater
After last night’s game, OSU has moved up in the NCAA team free-throw percentage rankings.

OSU has climbed from 347 up to 346.

There are 348 teams. Only Hartford and Winthrop are below OSU.

OSU is at 56% (126-225).

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
After last night’s game, OSU has moved up in the NCAA team free-throw percentage rankings.

OSU has climbed from 347 up to 346.

There are 348 teams. Only Hartford and Winthrop are below OSU.
I had to go see for myself to believe. WOW. That's really bad. I looked at shooting % as well and the Cowgirls are 301st in that category. And 315th in 3 point%.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
de lapp and lexy keys out today.......crowd looking rough....hopefully the game is competitive today!!! On a positive note...softball senior morgan day will be making her PA debut today!! Definitely looking forward to cowgirl softball season.

https://twitter.com/OSUWBB/status/1482424349202305030?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Nice to see the freshman macie James play well as well as Collins. Outside of the 1st quarter, they were competitive. Boyd and reeves were benched after the 1st quarter due to poor play. Iowa state offense is simply too good. Even though we did a heck of a on Ashley joens, they just have too many weapons.

next up the Baylor bears in Waco. Hopefully Asberry doesn’t torch us considering all she is a spot up shooter for them.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2005
Stillwater
The Cowgirls are currently all alone in last place. Next up is Baylor in Waco on Wednesday night.

In its last game, Baylor won 82-79 at KU and narrowly avoided an 0-3 start.

The last time Baylor had more than two conference losses was the 2009-2010 season. The Bears finished 9-7 (6th place), but still advanced to the program’s second Final Four.

F3F4199F-4F69-4743-BFC6-9188D7826952.jpeg

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Starting lineup should be interesting....between COVID and injuries I expect the starting 5 to look a little different. Just hope they'll be competitive