Cowgirl Basketball 2021-2022 Season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
10-24 from the free throw line which leads to 39%….just flat out pitiful.
Final

k-state 60
Cowgirls 49

I don’t know who would win a game of horse between the mens or womens team?

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2005
Stillwater
OSU falls to 5-6 overall and 0-2 in the conference.

Coach Littell’s Big 12 record is now 89-93.

Last season, there was so much talk on here about how “the future is bright.” We are now living in that future, but things are not looking bright.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
The Cowgirls are dead last in the Big 12 in scoring, FG%, 3pt FG%, and FT%. OSU also is the 2nd worst team at getting to the FT line so far this season, behind only TCU. It will likely be OSU and TCU fighting for the 10 seed in the Big 12 tournament unless things really turn around.

Feb 9, 2016
South of OKC
I made some posts last year critical of Littell and calling for a coaching change. I was later roasted for those posts by a couple of posters who cited that I didn’t know what I was talking about after the 20-21 team was so successful. Last year our team was relatively unaffected by COVID while others (OU and KSU) had their season destroyed and we had, perhaps the best player in program history. Haven’t heard from those Littell supporters this year after losing a top scorer in the transfer portal once again? Barring an offensive miracle, this team will struggle with everyone in the Big 12 and seems destined to be at/near the bottom of the conference. If the trend continues as I outlined, this will be 3 substandard years out of the last 4. It is part of the head coach’s job to identify, evaluate, recruit, develop, retain and coach talent. I read the earlier post regarding the roster for next year not changing??? We seem to have too many lean years. If this is indeed the last year of Littell’s contract, maybe we can get a change.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Keys hits 3 with :09 left to give OSU 57-52 lead.

Tech answers with a 3 with 4 seconds left.

Inbounds pass goes to Fields, who thinks Collins is still there as safety valve and throws it back to her, but no one home--ball goes out of bounds under Tech basket with .7 left.

Collins blocks Tech's shot on inbounds and Cowgirls escape with a big road win, 57-55

Nov 22, 2020
Belton, TX
I know that Budke was just great and all so maybe it's harder to win here than I think but, I just feel that we've slid back down the hill under Littell. Great guy, don't get me wrong but.....

Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Let’s wait until the season is over before you haters try to kick Jim to the curb.
It's interesting your only two comments in this thread have come after wins. We've seen what he can do. We've seen his ceiling. Littell is 66. It's time to move on. TTU was picked to finish 9th in the conference. Let's not put too much stock into this 2 point win.

Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
OSU has already lost to UT, unless you forgot that game already. So TTU beating UT doesnt mean a lot to me. If me wanting better for the OSU program is not liking Jim Littell, then I will WEAR that shoe.

I was all for Littell taking over when he did. He earned his shot and has proven loyal. However, it is hard to argue that the program is stale. He had arguably the best player in program history last year and only made the 2nd round of the NCAAs. Last year was the closest he has come to a Big 12 championship, and OSU was FOUR games back of the title. To me, that isnt close.

I support the team and hope they can find some offense to win more games and finish in the NCAA Tournament. I can do that and also state I am not happy with the trajectory of the program overall. A change could be worse but it could be better. My opinion is that a change could revitalize a program and generate some excitement. But that is just my opinion. And how I feel currently is based on my expectations of the program, not just this team.

Oct 24, 2005
Stillwater
What is considered an acceptable finish this season?

The Big 12 is weaker and wide open. Kim Mulkey is gone. OSU has the reigning Big 12 coach of the year…

If OSU can’t compete for a title now, then when? Next season? Will Coach Littell’s 12th season finally be the year? A .500 or less Big 12 finish this season would be beyond disappointing.

It’s been said here before, “things could always be worse.” Well, they could always be better too.

It’s not like OSU is coming off a string of Final Four or Elite 8 appearances. OSU is coming off an 8th seed and second round NCAA exit with one of the best players in program history on the roster. The season before that OSU wasn’t even a lock for the WNIT.

Why do some people want so little for the women’s program? Why do these people get upset when others, who love and support the program, want to see it be successful?

I would LOVE for Coach Littell to turn things around and start competing for Big 12 titles. I would love to see OSU schedule and compete with the perennial power schools on the national stage. I would love to feel any kind of buzz or excitement around the program. We’ve been waiting oh so long to see it happen under Coach Littell.

Loving the program and wanting to see it succeed doesn’t mean someone “hates” Jim Littell. That could just as easily be flipped to say someone hates Cowgirl basketball because they think it deserves to be a below average Big 12 program.

OSU has gotten below average conference results in the Jim Littell era. He’s 90-93. That’s a fact. The numbers don’t lie.

He’s also 5-9 in the Big 12 tournament and has never reached the championship game.

I’ve been a Cowgirl basketball supporter for decades. The program should be bigger than any one coach. I like Coach Littell, but I love Cowgirl basketball.

We can celebrate a hard fought victory and these players for overcoming the challenges to win. But we can also discuss why this program has faced these same challenges season after season.

Loving the program doesn’t mean you have to ignore the red flags.

OSU has lowly TCU (4-7 and 0-2) up next tomorrow night. TCU got hammered by ISU on Saturday and lost at home to KU just last night. The Frogs have dropped games to California Baptist and SMU.

There’s no reason it shouldn’t be a W…

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Isn’t there like 5 teams in the top 25 from the conference? Baylor, iowa state, k-state, OU, and Texas are all ranked. That’s a pretty strong league to me, especially since that’s half of you’re entire league, which is a good thing IMO. Nice to see several teams in the top 25.

whether mulkey is here or not, winning the big XII is never going to be easy. When littell leaves, which could be real soon, it’s not going to be easy simply because there’s several quality coaches in the league. As long as we can make the NCAA tournament annually, and every few years put together a team that can make a deep run, I’m good with that.