Cowgirl Basketball 2021-2022 Season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Last 2 non conference games cancelled due to covid in the Cowgirl program. They avoided it all last season, at least amongst the contributors, but bitten hard this season so far. Up next is UT and the Big 12. Not many Ws left on the schedule unless they've improved offensively during this break.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Texas has been struck by Covid-19. The big XII opener could be in question!! They had to cancel a game today so this weekends game could be in doubt…Most of the cowgirls had it last year…just during preseason. Players and staff have been hard so far. Only a handful of girls have been practicing the past week. This team needed the north Texas and TU game to continue to find their offense. There isn’t a time on the schedule where you can make up games as well. Real tough sledding ahead going into conference play.

Nov 2, 2004
Broken Arrow
Last 2 non conference games cancelled due to covid in the Cowgirl program. They avoided it all last season, at least amongst the contributors, but bitten hard this season so far. Up next is UT and the Big 12. Not many Ws left on the schedule unless they've improved offensively during this break.
Very offensively challenged. We can't absorb our 2 best players leaving early...one should have stayed in school another year and the other pulled a Durant.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
As much as I would've loved to have Natasha Mack stay another year....she had nothing to prove at the college level, and she's doing quite well playing overseas in Poland. The Asberry situation....well it is what it is...this is the new era of collegiate athletics where players will be picked on your roster.

Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Mack didn't leave early, the coaching staff needed to better prepare. I guess they thought having Reeves and Winchester an additional year would be sufficient enough.

Asberry hurts these most. But I'm not sure she wouldve been as productive this year since teams would've game-planned to take her out of the offense with no other threats around her.

Oct 24, 2005
Stillwater
Mack didn't leave early, the coaching staff needed to better prepare. I guess they thought having Reeves and Winchester an additional year would be sufficient enough.

Asberry hurts these most. But I'm not sure she wouldve been as productive this year since teams would've game-planned to take her out of the offense with no other threats around her.
You are correct. The coaching staff needed to better prepare for the loss of Mack. They didn’t sign any forwards/centers this fall and, according to an earlier post in this thread, allegedly have no plans to sign ANYONE in the spring.

Baylor and Oklahoma have first year head coaches this season.

With Mulkey gone to LSU, and OSU having the reigning Big 12 coach of the year in Littell, is it finally time for OSU to climb its way to the top of the conference?

Does it feel like OSU is any closer to its first conference title?

Nope.

Last edited:
Nov 2, 2004
Broken Arrow
As much as I would've loved to have Natasha Mack stay another year....she had nothing to prove at the college level, and she's doing quite well playing overseas in Poland. The Asberry situation....well it is what it is...this is the new era of collegiate athletics where players will be picked on your roster.
Uh, she needed offensive polish...obviously the WNBA thought so very quickly as well.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Uh, she needed offensive polish...obviously the WNBA thought so very quickly as well.
You do know there's only 12 WNBA teams right?? Meaning there's only 144 roster spots in the entire league...it's not that easy to make a team. Her offense wasn't necessarily the problem as she was drafted by a team that had a loaded front court!! Hell Shyla Heal was a 1st round pick, and she was cut from the Chicago Sky, meaning its pretty hard to make a roster spot in a league that ran by the veterans. I will say she’s not a complete player offensively yet..but it’s best she goes professionally to further her offense

Staying another year doesn't mean she's guaranteed to make a roster spot...especially since this upcoming years draft class is much more loaded than this last years. Finally, she's playing overseas for a good ball club, which she'll be making more money than overseas so she made the right decision no question.

Last edited:
Oct 24, 2005
Stillwater
That is very true. She would’ve benefited from an extra year, but only under a coaching staff who would push her to diversify her offensive game.

At OSU she would just turn over the same shoulder and shoot over people. That worked well until she faced teams like Louisville and Stanford that used long, tall players to double her and take her out of the game completely on offense.

Her dream is to play in the WNBA, but WNBA rosters have the players to neutralize her offensively. I hope she’s able to develop her offensive game enough to get back in the league and stick around.

Nov 2, 2004
Broken Arrow
You do know there's only 12 WNBA teams right?? Meaning there's only 144 roster spots in the entire league...it's not that easy to make a team. Her offense wasn't necessarily the problem as she was drafted by a team that had a loaded front court!! Hell Shyla Heal was a 1st round pick, and she was cut from the Chicago Sky, meaning its pretty hard to make a roster spot in a league that ran by the veterans. I will say she’s not a complete player offensively yet..but it’s best she goes professionally to further her offense

Staying another year doesn't mean she's guaranteed to make a roster spot...especially since this upcoming years draft class is much more loaded than this last years. Finally, she's playing overseas for a good ball club, which she'll be making more money than overseas so she made the right decision no question.
Ok...and overseas would have still been there plus another free year of education for a degree that will be there for life...you know that right???

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Don't get it, the team was playing really well into the 2nd quarter. I'd say they were still doing good and fighting even when down going into the half. But things really started falling apart late in the 3rd.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Don't get it, the team was playing really well into the 2nd quarter. I'd say they were still doing good and fighting even when down going into the half. But things really started falling apart late in the 3rd.
this team misses so many 2 footers…not to mention they missed 10 FTs

Oct 24, 2005
Stillwater
The Cowgirls (5-5 and 0-1) face Kansas State (11-2 and 1-0) tonight at 6:30 in Stillwater.

OSU will need to find a way to slow KSU’s Ayoka Lee. The 6’6” center finished with 32 points and 10 rebounds in KSU’s 68-59 upset of #10 Baylor. Lee is averaging 24.4 ppg and 11 rpg.

The game will be on ESPN+.

Gambler

Wrangler
A/V Subscriber
Jan 20, 2007
Edmond, OK
At the Cowgirls game, Sara Rodrigues, Nyah Boyd and Chloe Mayer (in a boot) are in street clothes and Abbi Winchester not in the arena.