Cowgirl Basketball 2021-2022 Season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
If we schedule an extremely soft schedule and run the table non-conference....absolutely we can double the amount of wins from 9 games. Especially if we can add a high level transfer or two

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
I think the recruiting will be better but the x and o coaching will be significantly worse and we wonder why we don’t do better

Feb 9, 2016
South of OKC
The previous staff had no recruits in the pipeline for next year so Hoyt had to scramble for all the commitments she has. I do see more than “roster-filler” potential from a couple of her commits and hopefully a couple more develop beyond my expectations, but I remain disappointed she was unable to recruit a quality post player. IMO, a quality post player is key to improvement for next year and going forward! She has a core group with Collins, Keys and James who all seem to be committed and hard-working, hopefully they continue to develop. IMO, Notoa can be a very valuable role player if she works, at this point I am happy she stayed. But, post play is a concern.

As far as total number of wins next year, I agree that can be controlled by the strength of non-conference schedule. Conference wins...I don’t see much improvement there, I hope I’m wrong.

I know we are early into the Hoyt tenure and I’m pleased with the excitement and enthusiasm Hoyt brings...but at this point I have more questions than answers. I am hopeful and supportive!!!

superpoke

Territorial Marshal
Jun 28, 2005
Orange Country USA
So we had a roster that was pretty much agreed to be not good enough, with deep concerns because there were no plans to bring in high school recruits.

Now most of that roster is gone, and we’re supposed to be concerned they didn’t stay?

Look, I don’t know how this coaching staff is going to turn out any more than anyone else does. I’m skeptical, but I am usually skeptical of new hires, and there’s a long time before Coach Hoyt’s team even takes the floor for a game.

But I don’t get this. Was Hoyt supposed to come in and find that we actually had a stellar roster that was being intentionally mismanaged? Because outside of Lauren Fields, the places the transfers are going show pretty clearly that this roster wasn’t good enough for major conference play.

We still have some spots open and yes, we’re going to have to make do in some places. But this thread is starting to read like some have already decided Hoyt is going to fail.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
been in the works for about a few weeks!! Good for him…everyone seems to have bounced back after getting canned. I also expect a couple girls from OSU to follow him

https://twitter.com/ORUWBB/status/1524486628764397568?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Oct 24, 2005
Stillwater
It means there is another commitment coming; hopefully some size for this upcoming season.
We are still waiting for a commitment announcement. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it will be some 6’5”+ hidden gem with a defensive presence and a deadly hook shot. :love: (Hey, we can dream!)

But for the past two days, it has seemed like it might be another Oklahoma kid. A 6’0” grad student guard from a school in Texas…

Until an official announcement is made, I’ll just keep hoping it’s the next Lisa Leslie. ;)

Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
We are still waiting for a commitment announcement. I’m keeping my fingers crossed that it will be some 6’5”+ hidden gem with a defensive presence and a deadly hook shot. :love: (Hey, we can dream!)

But for the past two days, it has seemed like it might be another Oklahoma kid. A 6’0” grad student guard from a school in Texas…

Until an official announcement is made, I’ll just keep hoping it’s the next Lisa Leslie. ;)
https://twitter.com/DavisCordova11/status/1524853690670190592?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw
Looks like @osucowgirls was correct in finding the commitment.