Cowgirl Basketball 2021-2022 Season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jul 12, 2004
Stillwater, OK
Anyone know why all the games start at 6:30pm this year? Dumb

They really didn't look good. I know if it was because the opponent uglied it up or if they are that bad.

Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Tonight will be my first look at the team. Obviously it will not be as good of a season as last year. There's no replacement for Mack on this team. Luckily they should be ok in filling Asberry's role, who had a very poor showing in her Baylor debut.

Heard Littell mention this is a "young team" at the media days. He seems to always have that issue with his roster. Pretty much says it every year and I am not buying it this year. There is plenty of experience on this team and youth shouldn't be an acceptable excuse for any performance, outside of the actual freshman, this year.

Oct 24, 2005
Stillwater
Tonight will be my first look at the team. Obviously it will not be as good of a season as last year. There's no replacement for Mack on this team. Luckily they should be ok in filling Asberry's role, who had a very poor showing in her Baylor debut.

Heard Littell mention this is a "young team" at the media days. He seems to always have that issue with his roster. Pretty much says it every year and I am not buying it this year. There is plenty of experience on this team and youth shouldn't be an acceptable excuse for any performance, outside of the actual freshman, this year.

Last season’s running theme was “The Future is Bright.”

Well, that future has arrived. It is here.

I’m curious to see how this season will be brighter than the 2020-2021 season.

Some said that Cowgirl Basketball would never compete for a Big 12 title by rising to the competitive level of other teams. Instead, the only path for OSU to claim a title would be for Kim Mulkey to leave Baylor, creating an even weaker Big 12.

Kim Mulkey left Baylor. So I guess this could finally be OSU’s year! ;)

Last edited:

OkstateKerr

Federal Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
I don't know much about women's college basketball but it seems like OSU always has a high turnover rate of players from season to season. Is that common across women's college basketball or is it a sign of disfunction in the program?

Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I don't know much about women's college basketball but it seems like OSU always has a high turnover rate of players from season to season. Is that common across women's college basketball or is it a sign of disfunction in the program?
Transfers happen. But I think there's concern to be had regarding who is transferring out of the program over the years. There's been a lot of starters\main contributors to a team that have left. It's not a 6th man or bench player transferring like at other schools.

Jul 12, 2004
Stillwater, OK
DeLapp is a disappointment. She is a senior. She is under the basket, gets the rebound with 3 seconds left on the shot clock and sends it out to Lexy Keyes to shoot the hot potato. She was right under the basket, open. TAKE THE SHOT. Instead we get nothing because Keyes shot is too late. Littell also has all new staff this year, except for Bill Annan. Lots of turnover.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
They’ve made a conscious decision late in the summer not to sign any 2022 kids and focus on 2023 and 2024 kids. Of course that could change barring kids transferring after the season. I do know they plan on taking 3 kids for the 2023 class.