Cowgirl Basketball 2020-21 Season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Really good quality win
-probably another quality win from being solidly in the tournament (assuming we beat the teams we're supposed to.)
-Lauren Fields broke through after struggling recently
-The freshman group on this team is growing up
-Taylen has the making of a future All-American once her offense evolves. Kid can guard literally every position, and seem to guard Collier pretty well.

Overall, good win considering they had one day to prepare coming from K-state. Now they need to finish the week strong and beat Kansas. Haven't won in Lawerence in 2 years. Littell now 83-89 overall conference record...inching closer to .500 baby!!

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Great win tonight. UT was struggling for a few weeks but then "upset" Iowa State. Cowgirls pretty much controlled most of the game last night. Big RPI boosting win last night. Went from 62 up to 45. I expect with a win over KU the Cowgirls will be close to the Top 25 next week.

Does anyone know if Reeves is out hurt or just not up to the task yet? She started off strong then faded fast and her PT has been non-existent in Big 12 play.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Great win tonight. UT was struggling for a few weeks but then "upset" Iowa State. Cowgirls pretty much controlled most of the game last night. Big RPI boosting win last night. Went from 62 up to 45. I expect with a win over KU the Cowgirls will be close to the Top 25 next week.

Does anyone know if Reeves is out hurt or just not up to the task yet? She started off strong then faded fast and her PT has been non-existent in Big 12 play.
she’s been out due to COVID and is just now working herself back into shape. She suited up yesterday, and there’s a chance she plays Saturday. Her and kennedi Jackson(doesn’t play) just got back on the floor this week.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Cowgirls started slow but finished big and blew out Kansas in Lawrence, 75-51. 'Girls are now 8-3 in league play, has to be the best under Littell, but I could be wrong.
We started 8-3 in the 2013-2014 season as well, which was the year we went to the sweet 16. You're right this team did start slow. Mack was under the weather (not CO-VID related), and playing 3 games in six days will take its toll on a team, which is why Littell was subbing like crazy. Fields putting back to back solid games is good for this team. Good for Lexy to see shots fall in tonight, and Tali keeps on gaining confidence. Collins didn't play well today, but the other freshman picked up the slack. Asberry was solid per usual.

The looked tired today, but good teams find a way to push through fatigue and fight when they're not at their best. This team did that today!!

Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Cowgirls face off against KU again tonight at 6:30pm. After this they will get a few days to get their legs under them for Bedlam on Saturday.

Cowgirls currently sit at 3rd in the Big 12, #43 RPI, and as a 10 seed in the most recent Bracketology. Unfortunately these next two games will likely hurt them in the RPI as KU is 236 and Oklahoma is 97.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Her dad was quite the baller back in the day.
I was sad when she chose Kansas over us.....she was a kid that grew up attending OSU camps, but I believe her father was a KU fan or played, which led to her choosing KU. Glad that she's playing well. One thing for certain, there's a lot of Okpreps kids on the girls side the play D1 basketball. The talent in-state is quality.

Sep 12, 2018
Tulsa
I was sad when she chose Kansas over us.....she was a kid that grew up attending OSU camps, but I believe her father was a KU fan or played, which led to her choosing KU. Glad that she's playing well. One thing for certain, there's a lot of Okpreps kids on the girls side the play D1 basketball. The talent in-state is quality.
Her dad played at UCO but he played with Bill Self in high school so I don’t know if that had anything to do with her going to KU.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Her dad played at UCO but he played with Bill Self in high school so I don’t know if that had anything to do with her going to KU.
Yeah I don't know the story, but there was some sort of KU influence in the family from what I've been told....kid can play though. Hopefully they can get some players to surround her with.