Cowgirl Basketball 2020-21 Season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 9, 2016
South of OKC
I guess I'll show my ignorance because I have no idea why Yor Anei left the men's program, you might need to make my hint more obvious? I don't live in or near Stillwater, and don't have access to inside information, but I would like to know why another conference team, with a new coach, was able to recruit our returning leading scorer?

Feb 3, 2020
OKC
I guess I'll show my ignorance because I have no idea why Yor Anei left the men's program, you might need to make my hint more obvious? I don't live in or near Stillwater, and don't have access to inside information, but I would like to know why another conference team, with a new coach, was able to recruit our returning leading scorer?
Maybe the woman's program is about to be on probation... or maybe an evasive response to avoid any discussion about the program?

Oct 24, 2005
Stillwater
Does anyone know how many players We lost thru the portal in recent years? Seems like we have over a dozen but I’m guessing.
The roster archive on okstate.com goes back to the 2010-2011 season. I did a quick scan through and came up with these names of players who have transferred or just left the team since then. We’d have to look a little deeper to see if there are any missing from this list.

Ja’Mee Asberry - Guard
Bigue Sarr- (Grad transfer) - Forward
Vivian Gray - Forward
Bryn Gerlich - Forward
Olivia Gray - Guard
Jaden Hobbs - Guard
Braxtin Miller - Guard
Jentry Holt - Forward
Areanna Combs - Guard
Rodrea Echols - Guard
Alana Simon - Guard
Roshunda Johnson (went on to appear in back to back NCAA title games with Miss. State in 2017 and 2018) - Guard
Sydney Walton - Guard
Brittany Atkins - Guard
Brianne Coffman - Forward
Lakota Beatty - Guard
Courtney Chelf - Guard
Marisha Wallace - Center
Jenni Bryan - Guard
Heather Howard - Forward
Carissa Crutchfield - Guard
Jazmyn Dorsett - Guard
Vicky McIntyre - Center

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Yor anei left because people got in his ear and told him he needed to got to a team that would supposedly “showcase” his talents...let him become a stretch 4, shoot the 3...etc. So he goes to SMU this past season and struggles to crack the rotation. Now he’s back in the transfer portal again looking for a new home.

Long story short, someone got in her ear, told her the grass was greener on the other side and she left. Again with the transfer portal...student athletes can come and go as they please. I hope it works out for her. Good kid, comes from a great family

Feb 9, 2016
South of OKC
Thanks for the explanation.

IMO the strength of Baylor has always been centered in Mulkey, both her ability as a bench coach and especially her ability to recruit. Hard to see what Asberry sees there now to make her leave OSU ? More troubling is that Asberry’s decision to leave could cause other defections.

Asberry may be a good kid, I don’t know, but she obviously didn’t trust or value her OSU teammates or their abilities. I know it happens everywhere, but this is another sad day for OSU WBB.

Feb 3, 2020
OKC
The roster archive on okstate.com goes back to the 2010-2011 season. I did a quick scan through and came up with these names of players who have transferred or just left the team since then. We’d have to look a little deeper to see if there are any missing from this list.

Ja’Mee Asberry - Guard
Bigue Sarr- (Grad transfer) - Forward
Vivian Gray - Forward
Bryn Gerlich - Forward
Olivia Gray - Guard
Jaden Hobbs - Guard
Braxtin Miller - Guard
Jentry Holt - Forward
Areanna Combs - Guard
Rodrea Echols - Guard
Alana Simon - Guard
Roshunda Johnson (went on to appear in back to back NCAA title games with Miss. State in 2017 and 2018) - Guard
Sydney Walton - Guard
Brittany Atkins - Guard
Brianne Coffman - Forward
Lakota Beatty - Guard
Courtney Chelf - Guard
Marisha Wallace - Center
Jenni Bryan - Guard
Heather Howard - Forward
Carissa Crutchfield - Guard
Jazmyn Dorsett - Guard
Vicky McIntyre - Center
Jordan Schultz
Morgan Toben
Austin Iven
Alexis Bryant

Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
The only thing Baylor can improve for Asberry is exposure. They get more games televised than OSU traditionally. We will see if that remains the case this year. They are also closer to a Big12 title. And playing for a former WNBA coach, although not an elite one, could be a pull come draft time.

Her abilities were showcased here as the PG runs the show for OSU and has since Riley.

Oct 24, 2005
Stillwater
Jordan Schultz
Morgan Toben
Austin Iven
Alexis Bryant
Thank you! I knew there had to be more. I wouldn’t be surprised if there were still others not listed.

Some programs, like Oklahoma State, remove players from the roster when they transfer AFTER a season has ended. So it’s like they’ve just been erased and never played that season for the program.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Which in essence is why the coaches were flabbergasted when she told them she’s leaving. No one saw it coming but her teammates were very supportive and seem to respect her decision.

Welcome to the new era of collegiate athletics...

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
They decided to use the last scholarship on a transfer from North Texas. N’yah Boyd, 5’’6 PG just completed her sophomore season where she haves a little over 12 ppg and over 4 assist. They got a PG with experience and she dropped 20 on us when we went to Denton. Not a bad pick up and it gives us some experience at the position.

https://twitter.com/nyaaaahhhhh/status/1402670385926217732?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Not a 3 point shooter so hopefully Lexy Keys can fill that role or Fields can dramatically improve. That is going to be desperately needed this year. It also seems Abbie Winchester is going to be on the roster again, but shouldn't count against the scholarship limit to my understanding. With no proven, consistent inside scorer the team will need to knock down some outside shots with consistency or it will be dang near impossible to score inside. Mack could elevate over defenses, DeLapp and Reeves are not likely to do that.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
https://twitter.com/ArizonaWBB/status/1408108217754783747?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Rough offseason for the cowgirls…can’t blame them (Jerise freeman) for advancing their careers…still nonetheless is a blow considering she was really good recruiter. Definitely miss her on the sidelines and chatting it up with her

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Hopefully they’ll announce something soon as they’ve been bringing in candidates the last couple weeks. Unfortunately, cowgirl basketball has and will be a stepping stone job for most coaches...

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Good news: OSU has filled the coaching vacancies. Should be announced any day now!! Both ladies are on the road recruiting.

Last edited: