Cowgirl Basketball 2020-21 Season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Not that weird at all....hell even 1st round picks get cut. A lot of talent players, and simply not enough teams...and that's why the WNBA struggles to grow it's game. Chicago was loaded in the front court anyways, but maybe she ends up in Seattle or New York.

Oct 24, 2005
Stillwater
Good news! Mack is back with the Sky!

The club is using a hardship exception to resign Mack after it temporarily suspended center Stefanie Dolson according to reports.
https://twitter.com/ketk_mikea/status/1394448290289274882?s=21

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Ja’Mee Asberry has entered the transfer portal.

https://twitter.com/jayasberry/status/1398007159892414473?s=21
Shocking really. Will this encourage others to do the same? Hopefully not. This is now over 55% of the scoring from last year's team and almost 46% of the rebounding that will not be returning. Going to need everyone on the roster to step up.

Hopefully she goes somewhere she will enjoy and give her a chance to make a splash at her next school.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Someone told me yesterday she was going to put herself in the portal....I didn't believe them until they told me the situation. Good kid, comes from a great family, and can honestly say she has no ill will towards OSU and her teammates. I wish her well....I have a good feeling where she'll end up.

I wonder if they'll look in the portal to find her replacement or push that scholarship down to 2022? They do have a pretty big time recruit coming in on the 2nd week of June so we'll see!!!

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
It's a lot...don't know the exact number....WBB is a lot of people transfer out compared to the men. Syracuse WBB lost 12 players to the portal this year alone. Yes, their entire roster basically transferred including their 6th player of the year, and their star player who was freshman and defensive player of the year. The transfer portal, giveth, and taketh away from schools....this one hurts for sure

Feb 3, 2020
OKC
Does anyone know how many players We lost thru the portal in recent years? Seems like we have over a dozen but I’m guessing.
Averages a couple per year... not including the year of the accident, this staff has lost 20 or 21 transfers... would have to go give it a closer look but I'm sure it's at least 20 with Jaimee.

Not horrible I guess, but man we've lost some good players and a few very good ambassadors for the program. I especially hate to lose in-state girls to transfer.

Feb 3, 2020
OKC
Averages a couple per year... not including the year of the accident, this staff has lost 20 or 21 transfers... would have to go give it a closer look but I'm sure it's at least 20 with Jaimee.

Not horrible I guess, but man we've lost some good players and a few very good ambassadors for the program. I especially hate to lose in-state girls to transfer.
Correction on the spelling... Ja'Mee

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma

I hate losing in-state kids too....but after talking to some folks I get it why she's leaving...don't like it, but it is what it is.

Oct 24, 2005
Stillwater
Ja’Mee Asberry is headed to Waco!
I’d heard this was her destination in the middle of last week. In the past few days, it had become the worst kept secret in the Big 12.
Good for her! I’m glad to see her stay in the conference.

https://twitter.com/jayasberry/status/1400507012463697926?s=21

Last edited:
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Not surprising considering she was in the portal for two days...she was also listed as “no” in terms of permission to contact. This is the Yor Anei situation all over again. It’s a fairly big gamble consider she’ll have to compete against Alabama transfer Jordan Lewis and Sarah Andrews. I sincerely hope it pays off for her. She’ll be graduating in July with her degree in psychology.

Baylor needs numbers in the worst way as this puts them at 8 players and no one in the portal is quality for them. Best thing Baylor can do is pick off players from other rosters...which might be their best option. Feel bad for us...but this is where collegiate athletics is going. The beautiful thing about sport is that it provides an opportunity for someone to step up...it’ll be interesting to see who does.