Cowgirl Basketball 2020-21 Season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Way too many missed layups....Collier lighting up the cowgirls when Mack took the elbow was the difference. Collier has struggled when Mack is on the floor. Beat Tech to salvage the road trip.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I'd love to run it back with texas in the Big XII tournament. But give Texas credit....took advantage of their opportunities especially with Mack out. Can't miss point blank lay-ups. Kassidy De Lapp and Brittany Reeves were given opportunities and unfortunately weren't up for the task at hand. Even when Mack was off the floor, they had plenty of opportunities to score, but didn't make the easy shot.

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
Lost an opportunity for a quality W to help the NCAA resume. Losing Mack for 10 game minutes was the end of the game for the Cowgirls. UT took advantage and it exposed the lack of a backup C. I believe the Cowgirls were pretty even with Mack but absolutely looked incapable without her. Hopefully she is ready to go for the TTU game and remainder of the year.

This also shows that DeLapp or Reeves or Jackson need to make a big leap for the Cowgirls to keep any momentum heading into next year. There are no centers in the signed class but I am not sure who the coaching staff may be recruiting still. The roster will be full with the current 4 signees if there are no transfers.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Mack is fine....she has a laceration above her right eye that needed stitches...not like she has a severe, much a season ending injury..This team is soundly into the tournament right now as it stands. It would take a collapse of epic proportions right now to be left out, which is possible. Quality wins aren't going to be a huge factor compared to previous years due to the lack of games being played around the country. The wins against UT and WVU is enough to get in as long as there's not a ton of bad losses. Another win against UT would've been nice, but it's not like we're going to make tremendous strides such as run the table for rest of the regular season games, and win the Big XII tournament.

Take Collier away from UT, and what happen to De Lapp and Reeves happens to Lauren Ebo and Precious Johnson...well unless you're South Carolina, Uconn, the Baylor's of the world. Would be nice to have bunch of Mack's subbing in and out, but we don't, and neither does the majority of WBB. Hell Texas has one quality post player. If there's one thing Bill Annan does well..it's coaching and developing bigs. De Lapp has actually helped us win some games this year, and Reeves is your typical JUCO player adjusting to P5 basketball. Way too early to be hitting the panic button on those two. They're not going to recruit another big b/c they like the players they on campus to get the done now. As long as we make the tournament, that's plenty of momentum to go into next season IMO.

Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I understand they are in the tournament solidly right now. My comment on a quality win was in regards to seeding for the NCAA. Right now we are flirting with the 9-11 seed. It would have been nice to jump up to the 6-7 seed. I know you can only play the games in front of you, but the fact still remains this team has only beaten 3 teams with a winning record. And has a bad loss to Tulsa.

I don't think saying the 3 posts need to make big improvements is in any way hitting the panic button on them. I believe Reeves is capable and is adjusting.
Jackson is still young but isn't getting any PT or exposure in games at this point.
You can remain optimistic on DeLapp if you want but I have watched her for almost 3 seasons now and have not really seen anything to get excited about. She was tremendous against ISU last year, but 1 game in 3 years is an exception and not a flash of what's to come. She only has 6 double figure scoring games and the Cowgirls will desperately need interior scoring next year. Her rebounding and defense doesn't really stick out to me either. I don't expect anyone to replace Mack from a production standpoint. She is an AA and 1st round WNBA pick for a reason. But there will be need for someone reliable in the middle, not 3 points and 3.5 rebounds.

Feb 9, 2016
South of OKC
If there's one thing Bill Annan does well..it's coaching and developing bigs.
I certainly agree with you on Bill Annan's ability to develop bigs...he did great work improving LaShawn Jones and Kaylee Jenson. There is no doubt Mack is a superstar, just as important (if not more so) on defense. De Lapp runs the floor well, but needs to make sure (like others on this team) to finish with a basket. With limited playing time, I have seen De Lapp make contributions this year. I am most troubled by some of her lazy fouls, but i think she can continue to develop.

I am also pleased to see improvement in Notoa and Dennis, both seem to be finding their way a little more each game. I hope Lexi can regain confidence in her 3's.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I certainly agree with you on Bill Annan's ability to develop bigs...he did great work improving LaShawn Jones and Kaylee Jenson. There is no doubt Mack is a superstar, just as important (if not more so) on defense. De Lapp runs the floor well, but needs to make sure (like others on this team) to finish with a basket. With limited playing time, I have seen De Lapp make contributions this year. I am most troubled by some of her lazy fouls, but i think she can continue to develop.

I am also pleased to see improvement in Notoa and Dennis, both seem to be finding their way a little more each game. I hope Lexi can regain confidence in her 3's.
Well said....add in Kendra Suttles and Mandy Coleman as well to that group. De Lapp is good for the role she's in...nothing more, or less. I'm not too worried about the bigs. It hasn't been a problem in this program up to this point. The guard play on the other hand has been bad lately in terms of development, and keeping them on the roster. Anyone with common knowledge, much less actually watches cowgirl basketball would tell you de lapp has been serviceable in the role she's been this season. I don't think she's going to turn into a double-double machine next year, but she should be serviceable. I will say LaShawn went from a 3.0 ppg scorer to a 10.5 ppg from her junior to her senior year but I digress lol.

It's also possible to get Bigue Sarr and Winchester for another year, and Sara Rodrigues is making a transition to the post once she's healthy. She's not a starter, but more of a role player that spells her teammates..Her missing time with CO-VID unfortunately messed up the groove she was in. Jackson has always been a project. She didn't start playing basketball until high school so her not seeing the court really isn't that surprising. The backcourt is very young, but as long as no one leaves and everyone continues the develop...they'll definitely be the strength of the team next season. I hope Lexy can regain confidence as well. She tends to get gun shy if a couple don't fall, but she's a freshman and thinks if she starts jacking up shots she hurts the team. Kid got some skills.

In terms of seeding...yeah jumping to a 6-7 isn't happening unless we run the table, and win the big XII tourney. I'll take a 10-11 seed, hopefully win the 1st round and take my chances with the 2-3 seed in the 2nd round, assuming seeding holds up of course.

Last edited:
Feb 9, 2016
South of OKC
Making the tournament this year is a win. Mack is a game changer, with good guard play this group could surprise some higher seeds. I agree that going forward continued development of guard play is critical. We have not always done a good job with that, my hope is that guard position coaches can bring about the development Annan has with bigs. I like Rodrigues, while her skill set is not as developed, I see good potential. IMO she would be a valuable role player as both a 4 & 5. I did not realize her problems were COVID related. I also really like Collins and hope she continues to develop. I think she is a better offensive player than she realizes. At times she has shown the ability to hit the short-mid range jumper, a good way to overcome a double team on Mack.

Continuing success depends on retention and development, two aspects of coaching that have plagued our program. Littell has done a good job this year with team chemistry and “buy-in”, let’s hope that continues.

Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
I think the only thing that has come of this is we each have different expectations of where a coach should be 10 years in. And differing opinions on what the program can be.

Currently OSU is leading TTU 28-20 with 6:45 left in the 2nd quarter.