Cowgirl Basketball 2020-21 Season

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
The cowgirls were up by 17 at one point....give bama credit, they have a veteran squad filled with seniors and juniors. They would've been a tournament team last year, and they're probably a top 4-5 team in the SEC. Cowgirls are young as hell, but they show promise. If they make the tournament, it'll be a successful season IMO. Bama making 12-28 three pointers decided the game as well as the team tighten up and playing not to lose instead of playing to win.

Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
The cowgirls were up by 17 at one point....give bama credit, they have a veteran squad filled with seniors and juniors. They would've been a tournament team last year, and they're probably a top 4-5 team in the SEC. Cowgirls are young as hell, but they show promise. If they make the tournament, it'll be a successful season IMO. Bama making 12-28 three pointers decided the game as well as the team tighten up and playing not to lose instead of playing to win.
Up 17 and blowing a that lead on the 4th quarter at home against a team predicted to finish 8th in the SEC is not a good sign. Oh, and Bama was without their PG team leader. Cowgirls have little to no chance of making the NCAA tournament. I'll be surprised with 6 Big 12 wins.
The youth shows promise, but now they must retain that talent to have a chance to develop it.

Playing not to lose is Littell's MO. It's been noted that he's always concerned about any team on the schedule. He rarely portrays confidence in any interview. And that mentality really seems to show in the players.

Littell has been an overall disappointment after the first few years and the program is definitely not on the upswing. Definitely beyond time for a change.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Up 17 and blowing a that lead on the 4th quarter at home against a team predicted to finish 8th in the SEC is not a good sign. Oh, and Bama was without their PG team leader. Cowgirls have little to no chance of making the NCAA tournament. I'll be surprised with 6 Big 12 wins.
The youth shows promise, but now they must retain that talent to have a chance to develop it.

Playing not to lose is Littell's MO. It's been noted that he's always concerned about any team on the schedule. He rarely portrays confidence in any interview. And that mentality really seems to show in the players.

Littell has been an overall disappointment after the first few years and the program is definitely not on the upswing. Definitely beyond time for a change.
can’t argue that...I was going off what the broadcast and manzer were saying in the game. Lewis is their star PG that was out I believe. We should’ve won but wet the bed...not that surprising...He seem to like the bama squad. I don’t think they’ll be a change unless like gundy he retires, which you never know. All I’m saying is if they make the tournament...however they get there will be a successful season IMO...littell is what he is. Like I’ve said before, there’s barely if not any outcry of firing littell. Anywhere you turn, people want gundy canned. I take it as the mass majority are happy with him

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
can’t argue that...I was going off what the broadcast and manzer were saying in the game. Lewis is their star PG that was out I believe. We should’ve won but wet the bed...not that surprising...He seem to like the bama squad. I don’t think they’ll be a change unless like gundy he retires, which you never know. All I’m saying is if they make the tournament...however they get there will be a successful season IMO...littell is what he is. Like I’ve said before, there’s barely if not any outcry of firing littell. Anywhere you turn, people want gundy canned. I take it as the mass majority are happy with him
I take it as the mass majority don't follow or care about women's basketball.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I take it as the mass majority don't follow or care about women's basketball.
correct...mass majority of casual OSU fans could care less. But the majority of the small fan base of cowgirl b-ball fans however may be are happy with the HC, especially the donors. I don’t like it, but it’s the reality of the situation. Interpret it how you want

Oct 26, 2003
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma
correct...mass majority of casual OSU fans could care less. But the majority of the small fan base of cowgirl b-ball fans however may be are happy with the HC, especially the donors. I don’t like it, but it’s the reality of the situation. Interpret it how you want
It is unfortunate that more people don't care. And I think most of the donors couldn't care less either. They will be sending their money regardless of the coach. One would hope a new, younger, and energetic coach would be able to bring in more casual fans. It is possible to do. I just wish something would be done to improve the program. The Big 12 has been so far down the past handful of years & the Cowgirls have trended down with it. These were the times to make a splash and take a step towards the top in the conference but the opportunity was squandered.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
It is unfortunate that more people don't care. And I think most of the donors couldn't care less either. They will be sending their money regardless of the coach. One would hope a new, younger, and energetic coach would be able to bring in more casual fans. It is possible to do. I just wish something would be done to improve the program. The Big 12 has been so far down the past handful of years & the Cowgirls have trended down with it. These were the times to make a splash and take a step towards the top in the conference but the opportunity was squandered.
Some people care about women's basketball....some don't. I get why people Me personally, doesn't matter old or young...give me a quality coach at the end of the day that has the ability to get the job done. I mean the same scenario you're describing in terms of capitalizing on a league that was down is exactly the situation the program was in....Cowgirl fans will absolutely tell you this is the "golden era" of the program....similar to what you hear about Gundy and football. Again, don't like it, but like Gundy, Littell isn't going anywhere unless he calls it quits

Feb 9, 2016
South of OKC
Yes, it is time for a coaching change. I have followed WBB for the past 15 years and I care that our program is going in the wrong direction. We need a HC not only with the expertise to coach, but also with communication skills, energy and dedication, willing to put in the extra effort to turn our program around. We need someone with a commitment to develop the talent we recruit , not just draw a paycheck. We are dying from our HC's complacency. I realize today's athlete has no loyalty, but i have seen too many talented players leave our program over the years. Let's be honest, barring a tragedy, Littell would never have become HC here. There is very little in his resume that would qualify him to be a HC at a D1 program in one of the elite WBB conferences. IMO, there is a real disconnect between the HC and today's players. Unfortunately, I do not believe this is the final year of Littell's contract and I knw a buyout is out of the question. We can only hope a change will be made when the opportunity presents itself. Texas made a change and brought in a new HC, I would expect them to push Baylor for the Big 12 title and to go far in the NCAA's in the next few years. While we might not have the Baylor/Texas level of talent, we should be better than a bottom 4 conference team! In recent years we have lost in the first round of the Big 12 tournament to teams that we swept during the regular season, indicating either the other teams improved more during the year, or that we weren't ready to play in the tournament. Yes, it is time for a HC change.

Jun 5, 2020
OKC
Yes, it is time for a coaching change. I have followed WBB for the past 15 years and I care that our program is going in the wrong direction. We need a HC not only with the expertise to coach, but also with communication skills, energy and dedication, willing to put in the extra effort to turn our program around. We need someone with a commitment to develop the talent we recruit , not just draw a paycheck. We are dying from our HC's complacency. I realize today's athlete has no loyalty, but i have seen too many talented players leave our program over the years. Let's be honest, barring a tragedy, Littell would never have become HC here. There is very little in his resume that would qualify him to be a HC at a D1 program in one of the elite WBB conferences. IMO, there is a real disconnect between the HC and today's players. Unfortunately, I do not believe this is the final year of Littell's contract and I knw a buyout is out of the question. We can only hope a change will be made when the opportunity presents itself. Texas made a change and brought in a new HC, I would expect them to push Baylor for the Big 12 title and to go far in the NCAA's in the next few years. While we might not have the Baylor/Texas level of talent, we should be better than a bottom 4 conference team! In recent years we have lost in the first round of the Big 12 tournament to teams that we swept during the regular season, indicating either the other teams improved more during the year, or that we weren't ready to play in the tournament. Yes, it is time for a HC change.
Always be careful what you wish for, what is in your wallet to aid the program?