Cowboys WIN 96-66 against Charleston. Next up ORU Golden Eagles on FRIDAY in the Mabee Center 3PM

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Sep 23, 2010
Good thoughts. I am in the Kalib camp. He gives you almost everything Cisse does in rim protection and actually defends the high ball screen better. Cisse doesn’t prevent the screen, doesn’t hedge, and doesn’t defend the midrange shot off the screen. He immediately drops away from the screen to just protect the rim. That is going to really hurt us. Also, he isn’t close to Kalib offensively. Kalib also can hit FTs. I think by conference play Kalib will start and get the majority of important minutes.
I'm not sure I'm ready to get too worried about who's starting quite yet. Kalib certainly has earned the right to more minutes than what he's getting. But again, MB is trying to get a lot of dudes in there (Smith and he's been pretty good) so time is limited. Bottom line, we are getting 40min of good 5 play every game it feels. It just takes a minute to see who our matchup favors.The depth has been a luxury we haven't had in quite some time up front.

Dec 9, 2013
I'm not sure I'm ready to get too worried about who's starting quite yet. Kalib certainly has earned the right to more minutes than what he's getting. But again, MB is trying to get a lot of dudes in there (Smith and he's been pretty good) so time is limited. Bottom line, we are getting 40min of good 5 play every game it feels. It just takes a minute to see who our matchup favors.The depth has been a luxury we haven't had in quite some time up front.
And he’s still working Kalib back in from injury. I’m sure his conditioning suffered a bit.

Aug 16, 2012
I can appreciate your bucket list sounds like a great experience.

I don’t know if this article helps but if you can get to the right place it looks like for $7/month you can get espn+ and you don’t need a tv/cable/satellite provider. I know we watch a ton of basketball/wrestling/baseball/softball on espn+.
https://www.digitaltrends.com/movies/what-is-espn-plus
Thanks again. It has been a while since I tried it and you are correct, they did not ask for a cable provider this time.

For the others, someone above hit the nail on the head which may be leading to some of the confusion about cost. I used the name HULU collectively when I have Hulu+Live. I can still sign up for the Disney+ bundle but I would essentially be paying for Disney+ which I have no interest so I just added the ESPN+ for a couple bucks.

Jan 15, 2017
Enid
Thanks again. It has been a while since I tried it and you are correct, they did not ask for a cable provider this time.

For the others, someone above hit the nail on the head which may be leading to some of the confusion about cost. I used the name HULU collectively when I have Hulu+Live. I can still sign up for the Disney+ bundle but I would essentially be paying for Disney+ which I have no interest so I just added the ESPN+ for a couple bucks.
You guys are getting confused. You do NOT need a cable provider to watch things on espn+ if you have espn+. You DO need a provider if in the espn+ app you want to watch anything that is live on ESPN, ESPN 2, ESPN3, or ESPNU. It DOES NOT sort the channels for you so even when you are in the espn+ side of the app it shows you what is available on EVERY channel not just the espn+ channel. The app is set up dumb, it’s not your fault. If you have the Hulu live, YouTube tv, etc AND ESPN+ you can use your Hulu live login as your “provider” to watch everything that is on espn+.
You have to look at each event and see where it is broadcast to see if you can watch it.

If you have (suddenlink or Hulu live) PLUS espn+ you can watch every OSU sporting event there is on espn.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Unless no one answered you, that is for ESPN. ESPN+is streaming only and if you bundle with Disney and Hulu, it's VERY cheap.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
My Hulu setup has about four ESPN channels but not ESPN+. Just last week, looked into the Disney/Hulu bundle and after the 3-month promotional price, it is about $60 more/month than we are paying now for essentially the same channels that we watch and dozens upon dozens of channels we would never watch. Again, for as little as I watch TV, I can run to a bar or the neighbors if I absolutely have to see one of our games on ESPN+, or just follow it on my phone.
I don't think you are getting at what you think. I pay 15.99/mo I think for Disney plus, ESPN+, and Hulu+.
So adding Disney+/ESPN+ should not cost $60/month more than you are already spending.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
4.99 for ESPN+

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
But you have to have a "provider" for it to work. I do not have a provider being all OTA and streaming. Have tried to put in my internet service provider but they will not accept that.
No you don't. ESPN+ is a streaming service separate from the rest of the ESPN channels.