Cowboys WIN 57-56 against TCU! Pokes are 10-7, 3-3 conference. #23 Texas Longhorns on SATURDAY. 2x Win Streak

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ArizonaPoke

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 25, 2011
Nice win even if ugly. Didn’t watch the game. How doe’s Likelee have 34 minutes played and Bryce Williams have only 16 minutes? Their stats look very similar. Was Bryce bad defensively?

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
View attachment 94233
I like it Mike. Once they know you love them, which the guys definitely know, they'll respond when you challenge them.
During a time out Boynton slammed the dry erase board onto the court and was screaming at either Williams, Thompson, or Ice or all three. He lost it but it seemed to work. Williams hurt his leg in second half and did not return. Kalib was playing but he got fouled and Boynton then benched him and Kalib was pissed about being benched.

More Cowbell

Territorial Marshal
May 2, 2005
Highland Village, TX
Nice win even if ugly. Didn’t watch the game. How doe’s Likelee have 34 minutes played and Bryce Williams have only 16 minutes? Their stats look very similar. Was Bryce bad defensively?
He turned his ankle landing on a TCU player's foot. I haven't seen an update, but he did not return.

I could be wrong, but I don't believe Miles (3rd leading scorer in the Big 12) scored a point until after Bryce went out in the 2nd half.

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Hopefully last night is a jumping off point for Rondel’s career. His profile always said he was supposed to be able to shoot, the college numbers just didn’t bear it out.

A 2023 3 guard line up of Avery, Rondel, and Bryce Thompson, could be a super spaced out group, and that makes everything so much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nov 6, 2010
Hopefully last night is a jumping off point for Rondel’s career. His profile always said he was supposed to be able to shoot, the college numbers just didn’t bear it out.

A 2023 3 guard line up of Avery, Rondel, and Bryce Thompson, could be a super spaced out group, and that makes everything so much easier.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Agree, this team has so many athletes, it seems we've had a hard time identifying the roles. Bryce T. and Rondell should be our scorers at guard. That leaves Avery and Ice to be point guards and play to their own strengths. Bryce W. is the classic 6th man IMO. We still have work to do in defining roles in the frontcourt. Cisse is a specimen but not a good basketball player. His minutes need reduced IMO until he gets better.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Agree, this team has so many athletes, it seems we've had a hard time identifying the roles. Bryce T. and Rondell should be our scorers at guard. That leaves Avery and Ice to be point guards and play to their own strengths. Bryce W. is the classic 6th man IMO. We still have work to do in defining roles in the frontcourt. Cisse is a specimen but not a good basketball player. His minutes need reduced IMO until he gets better.
Cisse and Smith have no offensive skills and are very so-so rebounders and defenders (despite Smith's HUGE block last night). I thought Kalib was playing great, tipping several passes on defense and providing at least an offensive threat. He was on the court for 2 separate comebacks last night, then he came out and we immediately went down double digits again. I about turned the game off when he didn't come back in after the under 8 time out - I didn't think we could catch up without him in the game.

Dec 9, 2013
I thought we were letting that one slip away late like some our previous home games. Heck of run by Rondell there late.
I hope what we are seeing from Walker is his confidence returning backed by consistent minutes and defined role. I don’t know if he’s comfortable w a 6th man role but if he gets high 20 minutes per game, comes in at the under 16 mark and is on the floor at the end of games he could really thrive and benefit this team.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
I totally thought this game was tonight…been busy at work and was going to watch. I guess I’ll watch the replay instead..good win pokes!!