Cowboys takes down #6 Texas in Double Overtime! OSU is GOOD. #23 KU Next

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
big win! Coaches and players are developing. It is slower than I want, but that is not of much consequence.

Boynton is very young as a HC and did not have a huge amount of experience coming into the job. So, there is a learning curve. We have seen some stability in what we are doing, especially on D and that is starting to pay off. It seems what the staff wants to do on O would work very well if you have Kalib and MAM operating at a good level at the same time.

Go Pokes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Nice win today. The team is going to come together down the stretch. Nice wins over Arkie and Texas recently are very good signs.

Mar 7, 2020
Oklahoma City
You will never hear me piss and moan after beating the 6th ranked team in the country. Ugly? Yes...but when you win the game it doesn't matter.

The Cowboys won with defense today...that part I love. Boynton teams have began to click near the end of the year..hopefully we get that going as far as scoring.

A quick turnaround at KU Monday night. Go Pokes!!

Jul 26, 2005
Broken Arrow, OK
I enjoy watching this OSU team play. And I haven't said that in a long, long time. Offensive sets and motion are much improved this year. So much better than the figure 8 weave at the top of the key and then jack up a 3! Now if they would just reduce all the stupid turnovers.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Oh, if you listen, the wins are in spite of Boynton. Apparently the guy is horrible and the wins are only because our kids rise above the coaching.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
Overall he’s 9 games above .500 & in conference he doesn’t even win 4 in 10. Is that good?
Can you enjoy a Cowboy win?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CocoCincinnati

Federal Marshal
Feb 7, 2007
Tulsa, OK
Good win today which just makes it all the more frustrating those two losses to TCU. Win both of those and we are 2nd in the conference and top 15 in the country. I know we've said this before, but it seems this team is the very definition of can beat anybody but can lose to anybody. Need to find a way to win all 4 remaining home games.

Jun 16, 2020
Atlanta
Good win today which just makes it all the more frustrating those two losses to TCU. Win both of those and we are 2nd in the conference and top 15 in the country. I know we've said this before, but it seems this team is the very definition of can beat anybody but can lose to anybody. Need to find a way to win all 4 remaining home games.
We dont matchup as well with TCU. Ppl look at their record and say it should be an easy win but I dont like the matchup against TCU.

Jan 13, 2005
Kansas says hi. Let's beat them again tomorrow!
Just had a thought. If Kansas continues to slide and it looks like they will miss the tournament, I bet they self impose a post season ban for this season and the NCAA will accept that as punishment for their part in the Adidas stuff.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
One of the biggest things we need to do is get healthy.

I'd like to see Walker get more minutes on Monday and Ice get less, so he can rest and hopefully get better during the rest of the week. He's not near as explosive and can't finish at the rim, which is his entire offensive game.

Winning today and only getting 6 combined points from Ice and Walker is a big plus. Hopefully MAM can get back soon, too. When we're at full strength and playing smart, we'll be tough.

Upcoming schedule:

@ KU
KSU
ISU
@ BU
TTU
OU
@OU

and a game @WVU that may be made up.

Find a way to win in Lawrence, and all of the sudden you have a chance to finish above .500 in league play. This team is capable of anything from 12-5 to 5-12 in league play.
There’s a strong case that we can win the next three games.

That’s 8-5 record heading to @ Baylor. I just hope that we are fully healthy when we play Baylor again.

Jan 13, 2005
Question: did we improve or hurt our potential NCAA seed last week?
Slightly helped it? They always give a lot of weight to the number next to a team's name whether they deserve it or not. That Texas team is not the number 6 team in the country. They were before the COVID break and probably will be again but we just caught them at the right time. TCU is just a matchup nightmare because we don't have a true big and they did.

Sep 23, 2010
big win! Coaches and players are developing. It is slower than I want, but that is not of much consequence.

Boynton is very young as a HC and did not have a huge amount of experience coming into the job. So, there is a learning curve. We have seen some stability in what we are doing, especially on D and that is starting to pay off. It seems what the staff wants to do on O would work very well if you have Kalib and MAM operating at a good level at the same time.

Go Pokes!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I would not call this a strong defensive performance. Texas' shooting was horrendous. I am excited we won but we can't fool ourselves thinking this was a good defensive performance. The amount of wide open 3's that Texas missed was astounding. I will give credit that when we went man at the end of regulation, we locked down to get the game to overtime. I think Boynton stayed in the zone because of foul trouble and Texas just shooting it so bad.