Cowboys takes down #6 Texas in Double Overtime! OSU is GOOD. #23 KU Next

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Dec 17, 2011
There's a lot of if's right now, first thing is get in the tournament, learn from close games because that's what we always get into, and we will be unstoppable....until we meet baylor

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
I taped the game and have only watched the first 30 minutes and I have to say so far a very ugly game. Texas tried to let us run away with the game and we refused to let them give it to us. No way this game should have gone to OT.

Super happy we won, but I think this win must have been a gift. This team needs to mature quickly. They won’t keep getting opportunities like this.

Again glad they could gut out the win in double OT, but their execution needs to improve dramatically.
Perspective - they did out execute the #6 team in double OT, so don’t think we should get too picky.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

OctaviusRexLTH

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Aug 16, 2019
Alabama
Fantastic win! Congrats to coach and team for figuring out a way to close it out. Kalib Boone was not human out there and played some extremely smart bball with 4 fouls.

Why were we missing Moncrieffe today though? Will he be back for KU?

Dec 9, 2013
Great win after a tough loss on Wednesday. Some of our fans on here are just awful. AA dribbles off foot, “fire boyton” and now we won the game and no “positive” things for this team and coach. Great win, considering Ice is hurt and no MAM. Proud of this team for the gritty win.
Look I’m ecstatic we won. And any time you beat Texas is a good day even if I have to listen to Fran for 2.5 hrs but I’m not happy w seemingly always needing To figure out a way to stay .500 in hopes we somehow get an 8/9 seed and get bounced on the 1st weekend. Right now that what Boynton is getting us.

The problems we have stem from lack of accountability and game management. AA has as much upside as anyone not named Cade but he makes awful decisions (turnover in backcourt leading to an even worse foul giving them an and 1). If it’s a 1 off then shake it off and play but w him it’s not. It’s the same thing every night out bc Boynton forces zero accountability.

Look at Williams We’d night. Gives the tying bucket bc he’s pressuring the wrong foot on Miles and gets blown by. It happened 2x in OT today. He fouled the 1st time and made an incredible block the 2nd. That’s on coach to get him to back off.

We had 3 possessions in the 2nd half/OT out of a time-out w the ball that ended in a turnover and a 4th that came w an awful shot that just as well was a turnover.

We didn’t won’t this game bc of coaching. We won bc TX had dead legs and we had the best player on the floor.

Sep 23, 2010
This one really helps things. I hope Kalib can keep up this pace. He was the best player out there. He's cleaned up a lot of his turnovers and fouls from the beginning of the year. MAM is needed back. Flavors making a couple 3's is helping out as well. AA, Walker and Cade turnover machines in second half. Can't count on teams to shoot that poorly anymore. But a win is a win.

Jun 9, 2008
The Water
Look I’m ecstatic we won. And any time you beat Texas is a good day even if I have to listen to Fran for 2.5 hrs but I’m not happy w seemingly always needing To figure out a way to stay .500 in hopes we somehow get an 8/9 seed and get bounced on the 1st weekend. Right now that what Boynton is getting us.

The problems we have stem from lack of accountability and game management. AA has as much upside as anyone not named Cade but he makes awful decisions (turnover in backcourt leading to an even worse foul giving them an and 1). If it’s a 1 off then shake it off and play but w him it’s not. It’s the same thing every night out bc Boynton forces zero accountability.

Look at Williams We’d night. Gives the tying bucket bc he’s pressuring the wrong foot on Miles and gets blown by. It happened 2x in OT today. He fouled the 1st time and made an incredible block the 2nd. That’s on coach to get him to back off.

We had 3 possessions in the 2nd half/OT out of a time-out w the ball that ended in a turnover and a 4th that came w an awful shot that just as well was a turnover.

We didn’t won’t this game bc of coaching. We won bc TX had dead legs and we had the best player on the floor.
So whenever we win it’s because of our players, but when we lose it’s all on Boyton. I’m guessing you’ve never played sports at a high level. When you lose close games like Wednesday, the blame goes to everyone coaches and players. I’m not defending Boyton, I personally wish he would get more on the refs. He needs to stop “chatting them up” and “talking” too them. Sometimes when teams go on these “runs” their is some bad calls and he just accepts the calls from the ref. I don’t want him to get kicked out or anything but a young team like this one might get some fire if they see their coaching fighting for them.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Two things

Coach appears to be learning from his late game mistakes. Got to give him kudos because his late game coaching and timely time-outs helped win this game for us.

The second thing is I would make this team do layups under duress over and over and over because they can’t make a freaking contested layup to save their lives....... except for possibly Avery Anderson. Maybe Avery needs to teach the rest of the team how to shoot a contested layup so that it doesn’t careen off the front of the rim....
Or roll over the back of the rim...

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
I taped the game and have only watched the first 30 minutes and I have to say so far a very ugly game. Texas tried to let us run away with the game and we refused to let them give it to us. No way this game should have gone to OT.

Super happy we won, but I think this win must have been a gift. This team needs to mature quickly. They won’t keep getting opportunities like this.

Again glad they could gut out the win in double OT, but their execution needs to improve dramatically.
Perspective - they did out execute the #6 team in double OT, so don’t think we should get too picky.

Our zone defense totally screwed with their offense most of the game.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Listening to radio interviews. Kalib really took the loss to TCU to heart. He said he clearly laid a goose egg Wednesday and wanted to come back, work hard and make up for it today.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

So whenever we win it’s because of our players, but when we lose it’s all on Boyton. I’m guessing you’ve never played sports at a high level. When you lose close games like Wednesday, the blame goes to everyone coaches and players. I’m not defending Boyton, I personally wish he would get more on the refs. He needs to stop “chatting them up” and “talking” too them. Sometimes when teams go on these “runs” their is some bad calls and he just accepts the calls from the ref. I don’t want him to get kicked out or anything but a young team like this one might get some fire if they see their coaching fighting for them.
Oh, if you listen, the wins are in spite of Boynton. Apparently the guy is horrible and the wins are only because our kids rise above the coaching.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
One of the biggest things we need to do is get healthy.

I'd like to see Walker get more minutes on Monday and Ice get less, so he can rest and hopefully get better during the rest of the week. He's not near as explosive and can't finish at the rim, which is his entire offensive game.

Winning today and only getting 6 combined points from Ice and Walker is a big plus. Hopefully MAM can get back soon, too. When we're at full strength and playing smart, we'll be tough.

Upcoming schedule:

@ KU
KSU
ISU
@ BU
TTU
OU
@OU

and a game @WVU that may be made up.

Find a way to win in Lawrence, and all of the sudden you have a chance to finish above .500 in league play. This team is capable of anything from 12-5 to 5-12 in league play.

Aug 29, 2004
Austin, TX
One of the biggest things we need to do is get healthy.

I'd like to see Walker get more minutes on Monday and Ice get less, so he can rest and hopefully get better during the rest of the week. He's not near as explosive and can't finish at the rim, which is his entire offensive game.

Winning today and only getting 6 combined points from Ice and Walker is a big plus. Hopefully MAM can get back soon, too. When we're at full strength and playing smart, we'll be tough.

Upcoming schedule:

@ KU
KSU
ISU
@ BU
TTU
OU
@OU

and a game @WVU that may be made up.

Find a way to win in Lawrence, and all of the sudden you have a chance to finish above .500 in league play. This team is capable of anything from 12-5 to 5-12 in league play.

Couldn't agree more. We need Ice healthy and in early season form to have any chance in either tourny (Big 12 or NCAA).

Aug 19, 2006
Couldn't agree more. We need Ice healthy and in early season form to have any chance in either tourny (Big 12 or NCAA).
Top 4 finish is definitely within reach for these guys if they can continue making steady progress from game to game.

Bottom 4 finish is within reach too if they take any more games off like they did against TCU. They have to learn how to take control and finish.

Dec 9, 2013
When you win/succeed credit goes to your team. When you lose/fail blame should be taken by the leader. Doesn’t matter if it’s little league, college or pros (in the latter 2 that’s why coaches get fired) or if it’s in a corporation. Aside from recruiting and reducing our 3 point attempts/emphasis on our playing inside what do you think Boynton is doing that’s setting us up for success?

In our 10 conf games we have surrendered 4 double digit 2nd half leads and in a 5th a 9 pt lead.

Our players continue to make the same mistakes wo any changes. Do you remember the Graham twins? Joey was an all time great. His brother Stephen never avgd more than 7 ppg in his 2 yrs and didn’t play much until his 2nd yr. Yet he played in the nba from 05 until 2011. To me AA could develop into an NBA guard. He can run. He can jump. His shot is much improved. W a Sutton, Chris Beard, Lon Kruger type coach he gets closer to that potential. Walker, Moncrief and the Boones fit that same bill.

Coach them up. Be tough on them when they need it. It’s for their own good and it gets us better than 7th place w fingers crossed on selection Sunday.

Oct 30, 2007