Cowboys SWEEP the #18 RED RAIDERS. OSU is 8-6 in Conference, 15-6 Overall! BEDLAM @ # 7 OU. Saturday. 3x Winning Streak in Conference

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Jun 23, 2009
New York
Boynton is under contract through the 2023-24 season. If there is not an extension before the start of the 2021-2022 season, more than likely he'll be a HC somewhere other than OSU. That is pure speculation, tho.. but I base that speculation on the fact that Boynton's name has already popped up on lists of HC'ing candidates past two years..

Boynton is a top-notch recruiter.. if he ever landed a HC-ing gig at powerhouse program, he will win and win conference championships and possibly a national championship or two.

i really hope to see/hear an extension before next season.. I really hope that happens. I surmise Boynton will be gone after the conclusion of next year's season, if an extension was not offered. Holder would be a fool not to give him an extension. Hope I'm wrong. But I'd bet my house he will be hired away.. possibly the end of this season.. but more than likely at the conclusion of next year's season
You are out of your mind. Win a national championship or two? Craziest thing I've heard on this board in a while. HCTF was a great recruiter also and had more immediate success than Coach Mike and look how he turned out. HCMB hasn't accomplished anything yet, let's actually finish in the top half of the conference, make the NCAA tournament and win a game before we start talking extensions. I don't think that's asking much.

Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
I wanna know why some have TTU 3 seed lines ahead of osu coming into tonight...OSU has more quad 1 and 2 wins...more league wins...and equal amount of wins on the road...yet TTU is 14th and OSU is 39th in the NET rankings. Maybe that will change after tonight.
I think those TCU games are what is really keeping us out of the top 15, if not the top 10 nationally.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Cade with a quite 20 lol
I saw some stat line yesterday that said he leads all freshman in the NCAA in average points, rebounds, and I think assists. I tried to find it after the game but don't remember where I saw it.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

Last edited:

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Looks like one of the games my high schooler played this year. Other team was big and had a couple of college prospects on it and the other players on their team just fouled all the time. So did they, but they never seemed to get called. So they ran up and down the floor and dunked a ton. Their coach even started them in the 4th quarter when they were up by like 40. When he took those 3 (sorry, forgot 1) out, the game was more evenly matched.

Last edited:

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Big 12 Tournament is March 10. That’s two-weeks on a Wednesday.

BAYLOR has 5 games that hasn’t been rescheduled. They are 9-0 with 9 games left in two weeks. The 5 games they missed were TCU, WVU TTU, OU and OSU.

WVU has 2 games that hasn’t been rescheduled. BU and OSU.

TTU has 3 games that hasn’t been rescheduled. TCU (x2) and BU.

And of course, OSU has 2 games that hasn’t been rescheduled which is BU and WVU.

I wonder what the league is gonna do with all these missing games. Especially for Baylor.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005

BAYLOR has 5 games that hasn’t been rescheduled. They are 9-0 with 9 games left in two weeks. The 5 games they missed were TCU, WVU TTU, OU and OSU.

And of course, OSU has 2 games that hasn’t been rescheduled which is BU and WVU.

I wonder what the league is gonna do with all these missing games. Especially for Baylor.
I would assume try to schedule as many games as they can to get teams to play each other at least once. Baylor is obviously not going to get close to playing a full schedule. The OSU/WVU has big 12 seeding implications so I would assume they will prioritize that one over Baylor.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Yeah, that was me. I meant in stretches, sorry if that wasn’t clear. Post in a hurry sometimes. There has been more 13-0, 15-0, 19-0, 25-4 runs this year than I can ever remember for any team in the past.

Definitely can’t put their top end up against the Final Four and Sweet Sixteen teams under Eddie and the worst doesn’t measure up to some of Sean’s seasons or Ford’s last year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In the little bit I’ve watched other college basketball teams we aren’t the only ones having that issue. It’s turning into a game of runs without fans in the stands
Which is weird because you’d think it would be the opposite.

I heard Dave mention on the radio, I think after the isu game, that teams are having to fuel their own runs due to lack of energy in the stadium. There's no consistent energy, just in spurts and it causes a lull in the athletes as well.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Boynton is under contract through the 2023-24 season. If there is not an extension before the start of the 2021-2022 season, more than likely he'll be a HC somewhere other than OSU. That is pure speculation, tho.. but I base that speculation on the fact that Boynton's name has already popped up on lists of HC'ing candidates past two years..

Boynton is a top-notch recruiter.. if he ever landed a HC-ing gig at powerhouse program, he will win and win conference championships and possibly a national championship or two.

i really hope to see/hear an extension before next season.. I really hope that happens. I surmise Boynton will be gone after the conclusion of next year's season. Hope I'm wrong. But I'd bet my house he will be hired away.. possibly the end of this season.. but more than likely at the conclusion of next year's season
The only reason why I disagree (especially if given an extension which he deserves), is that osu gave him a 1 in a million shot to coach at our school. Unlike other coaches that have been here, I can truly see how honored he is, along with he takes pride in anything he takes over. A younger coach is more invested in the school these days over an older coach.
Coach is invested in this town and OSU. I see him wanting to stay a while longer.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011

I would think those teams that had to cancel would have some games rescheduled in the order they were missed. So we would definitely get WVU, and would have to wait on Baylor because they missed a few games before us.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
Yeah, that was me. I meant in stretches, sorry if that wasn’t clear. Post in a hurry sometimes. There has been more 13-0, 15-0, 19-0, 25-4 runs this year than I can ever remember for any team in the past.

Definitely can’t put their top end up against the Final Four and Sweet Sixteen teams under Eddie and the worst doesn’t measure up to some of Sean’s seasons or Ford’s last year.

I get it, I just couldn‘t remember who had posted it and I was too into the game to go find it. Like I said I don’t know if it’s true, you may be dead on.:D

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Winning on a terrible shooting is awesome. I think we could have closed it up in regulation, but still, love that we were in control during the whole extended crunch time.

Crowd was rocking.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Winning on a terrible shooting is awesome. I think we could have closed it up in regulation, but still, love that we were in control during the whole extended crunch time.

Crowd was rocking.

This team has learned to take high percentage shots. Comparing the number of threes shot earlier to last night is night and day. They play smarter on offense.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro