Cowboys SWEEP the #18 RED RAIDERS. OSU is 8-6 in Conference, 15-6 Overall! BEDLAM @ # 7 OU. Saturday. 3x Winning Streak in Conference

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Cowboys are coming off a 2 win streak against Big 12 Foes. Pokes are sitting at 7-6 in conference. Tomorrow, Pokes will host the Red Raiders in GIA. A win tomorrow would make Tech our 3rd team to sweep this season. Pokes will face the Sooners in Norman on Saturday as well.

The Baylor and WVU games have not been rescheduled yet, unfortunately.

With these three games, Pokes have a chance to be 10-6 in conference.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Am I missing something? We have almost identical records, we beat TTech in the one meeting so far, but they are ranked 15th and we are not ranked?
Ranking memory. It’s harder to get into the rankings then to fall out of it. People don’t want to admit they are wrong.

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth
Am I missing something? We have almost identical records, we beat TTech in the one meeting so far, but they are ranked 15th and we are not ranked?
A win tonight likely fixes some of that. We are good but inconsistent and need to improve on that.

Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
Techs’s only losses are to ranked teams or teams that have been ranked. We have two losses to TCU.
Offsetting that, we have more wins against ranked teams than they do. TTech played a pretty easy non-conference schedule. Maybe bad losses hurt more than good wins help. I admit I don't know much about basketball rankings.

Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
After just coming off of a tough loss at KU i wonder how TT will respond, especially since that lose was just two days ago. I hope the time off for us was good, it really would have been nice to see how we would have faired against Baylor one last time though.

Mar 27, 2008
Big game. A win puts us 1.5 games up on Tech, clinches 6th place and a 1st round BYE if they have the Big12 Tourney.
Yep huge game. Maybe depending how Texas finishes their season we could move up to 5th? Texas remaining schedule is against Kansas and @ Texas Tech. Tech already beat Texas in Austin once already.

Should be a showdown. Both teams really need the win tonight.

POPOKE

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina
Techs’s only losses are to ranked teams or teams that have been ranked. We have two losses to TCU.
Offsetting that, we have more wins against ranked teams than they do. TTech played a pretty easy non-conference schedule. Maybe bad losses hurt more than good wins help. I admit I don't know much about basketball rankings.
You’re correct that we have better wins. As mentioned earlier, it’s harder to break into rankings in basketball than it is to fall out of them. Add in that Tech has more recent success as a program than we do (final 4 two years ago), our pending ncaa sanctions, and bad timing of the tcu losses just as we were on the cusp of being ranked all hurt our standing.

Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
You’re correct that we have better wins. As mentioned earlier, it’s harder to break into rankings in basketball than it is to fall out of them. Add in that Tech has more recent success as a program than we do (final 4 two years ago), our pending ncaa sanctions, and bad timing of the tcu losses just as we were on the cusp of being ranked all hurt our standing.
What about NET rankings? Those don't factor in being ranked previously. Tech is WAY ahead of us in NET. I dont understand the NET at all when I look at it. Some of the teams in front of us just doesnt make any sense to me. Like Rutgers - is it just because they dont have a quad 3 loss? Or because they have so many Quad 1 games it increases their NET?

Apr 14, 2009
If tonights game comes down to coaching and game planning?
Then Advantage to Texas Tech.
Just like it was when we played TCU.
JMHO.