Cowboys remaining schedule:

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Aug 13, 2005
OKC
vs TT - W - 5-0
at TCU
vs UT
at KSU - probable 1st loss
at KU
vs ISU
at uo
vs WVU

when will we suffer our first loss? I believe we will be favored in most games now given we handled BU in their house and we are ranked #7.

I think we may have our biggest test at TCU and at KSU. I think we will beat TT, UT, ISU, KU, OU, and WVU.

If we win next four to five games, the last three games vs ISU, at OU, and vs WVU should be wins

Given probabilities it is doubtful we win them all, so I believe our first loss will be at KSU.

If we beat TT and TCU beats KU we will both be undefeated for the game at TCU. I think we can beat TCU in FW this year but I am worried about KSU game. If OU loses two more games and we continue winning OU fans will be giving away their tickets for Bedlam.

Season is still early and no telling what happens as injuries may come into play, but for now OSU future this year seems bright.

Last edited:

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
At this point I think we will be favored in every game until we lose. Possible exceptions would be TCU in 2 weeks if they beat Kansas and UT in 3 weeks if the get Ewers back and don't lose again. Finally OU could still be favored if they win out up to bedlam. Overall I'm pretty psyched. Can't say I see us winning out yet, but a great start for sure. Just got to stay healthy and keep getting better.

Aug 27, 2021
Tulsa
I have not seen Kansas or TT play.

TCU looked fantastic this past weekend, but something is broken with OU.

As for KSU, I don’t know if Adrian Martinez is finally for real or not.

Oct 16, 2003
Edmond, OK
Massey ratings has us favored in every game except @OU.

So they think we are headed to an 11-1 record. That will be good enough to get us in the CCG. I still think Baylor will be our opponent.

I think TCU/KSU/KU are good teams. I think their schedules to date don't reflect them to be as good as their records. I think they all falter down the stretch when they play OSU/Baylor.... Massey in fact has Kansas losing every game they have left...

https://masseyratings.com/cf2022/5912

OranGE-KK

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Dec 11, 2011
Massey in fact has Kansas losing every game they have left...

I think they have fan support and are extremely motivated. I agree they have plenty of room to come down to earth, I have to believe they find a way to get one more win since they're this close. Still plenty of schedule left, and while they do have their hardest games still on it, there are still a couple spots on there they can pull one more out. They found a way to rock Texas last year on the road, I think they got one more like that in the bag cause they are hungry for success and are THIS CLOSE!

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC

So they think we are headed to an 11-1 record. That will be good enough to get us in the CCG. I still think Baylor will be our opponent.

I think TCU/KSU/KU are good teams. I think their schedules to date don't reflect them to be as good as their records. I think they all falter down the stretch when they play OSU/Baylor.... Massey in fact has Kansas losing every game they have left...

If I did that math right, the probabilities would put us at another 4.99 wins. So, predicting roughly 9-3. There's a bunch of essentially 50/50 games that don't add that much to predicted win totals.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor

If the goons continue their trend and we continue our trend a loss to them would kill our SOS.

Jul 31, 2008
I would not put too much faith into one game results.

Ut played Bama good, but still lost that game and their next one.
Tech beat uT but that doesn't make me think they are all world.
TCU beat 0U, same comment.
KSU was expected to be good this year so beating 0U wasn't that shocking.

Even with the recent 0U meltdown, I still see the race between OSU, 0U, KSU, and Baylor.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
I would not put too much faith into one game results.

Ut played Bama good, but still lost that game and their next one.
Tech beat uT but that doesn't make me think they are all world.
TCU beat 0U, same comment.
KSU was expected to be good this year so beating 0U wasn't that shocking.

Even with the recent 0U meltdown, I still see the race between OSU, 0U, KSU, and Baylor.
I've coached long enough to believe Venables can't fix their problems. If they lose this weekend they are done. They might get dangerous after that, they are going to play a few good games, it's just when. Their problems are in every facet of the game. When you start losing its hard to stop losing.

I think it's Baylor, KSU and the Pokes with the whorns making a try to be in the conversation.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
I've coached long enough to believe Venables can't fix their problems. If they lose this weekend they are done. They might get dangerous after that, they are going to play a few good games, it's just when. Their problems are in every facet of the game. When you start losing its hard to stop losing.

I think it's Baylor, KSU and the Pokes with the whorns making a try to be in the conversation.
And Sark may be coaching to save his job.

I don't know if I'll be able to sleep Friday night in anticipation of this one! :popcorn:

I did do the smart thing, though. Got a condo up in Keystone to watch the game with my sooner wife and daughter, so we'll either be celebrating the demise of UT or drying the OU tears in a hot tub mountainside. :p

I've also perfected my 'dang, tackle that guy!' and 'you're kidding me!' reactions over the last couple of weeks-think they're buying it!

Last edited:
Apr 13, 2021
Northern California

In the current transfer atmosphere OU is near the edge of collapse. Zero recruits signed with OU to have this experience. This is when OU media and fans eat their own and that isn't good for any locker room. The media will find a scape goat to offset their hype going into this season. The fact USC is in the Top 10 and OU is out of the rankings IMO has a big impact on recruits. Riley's success at USC is not helping struggles in Norman. The media beat their chests OU is bigger than Riley and Riley is having the last laugh. Recruiting just got a lot harder for BV. If OU goes limping into the SEC I will not be able to contain my laughter. The fear of becoming NU will be palpable.

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
In the current transfer atmosphere OU is near the edge of collapse. Zero recruits signed with OU to have this experience. This is when OU media and fans eat their own and that isn't good for any locker room. The media will find a scape goat to offset their hype going into this season. The fact USC is in the Top 10 and OU is out of the rankings IMO has a big impact on recruits. Riley's success at USC is not helping struggles in Norman. The media beat their chests OU is bigger than Riley and Riley is having the last laugh. Recruiting just got a lot harder for BV. If OU goes limping into the SEC I will not be able to contain my laughter. The fear of becoming NU will be palpable.
They aren't headed for Nebraska status, they are headed for Colorado status at this rate. Will it happen? I doubt it, but they don't have the resources in Norman to play SEC games.

gundysburner

Territorial Marshal
Jul 25, 2018
Boulder, CO
But they do have General Booty, so there's that.

Jul 31, 2008
I've also perfected my 'dang, tackle that guy!' and 'you're kidding me!' reactions over the last couple of weeks-think they're buying it!
I've got uT wife and daughter and have to use those phrases alot . .. trying to sound sincere when they know that I'm not !!!