Cowboys (8-6) Drop game against WVU. #19 Texas Tech on Thursday.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

ArizonaPoke

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 25, 2011
Team really hasn’t shown any heart tonight. I know the commentators were touting ICE for that run we had, but it was more because of bad play by WV than our team effort. Just like the Kansas game I never felt like we were really in this game. I do give the team props for the Texas game, but this game was underwhelming from a Poke perspective.

Jan 6, 2007
Jackson Hole, WY
Just got intimidated by “bully ball”! We have not responded well at all. oSu has some talent, but is still too soft and not tough enough. Next up….TTech….who out toughed Baylor in their gym tonight……..then go to Baylor who will be pissed they lost.

Oct 29, 2016
US
I seen more movement from my granny's knitting team when I visited her nursing home during the holidays than from the basketball team's performance tonight. Man, those ladies hands were a-moving left to right, right to left. It was magical.

Apr 14, 2009
I can’t remember a Cowboy basketball game as poorly played as this pile of poop. Ever!
Really disappointed in the players and the coaching staff.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
A couple of games ago, someone suggested on this board that this team needs to revive the 40 minutes of hell.

Makes absolute sense with this team’s lack of offensive prowess and all the athletic depth.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Great recruiter. Great guy. Terrible coach. We aren’t good at anything. It’s about winning games not trying to be their friend. We don’t play team basketball and really haven’t in years. I would have hoped to see significantly more progress as a program to this point in his career but we aren’t any better than we were when he took over. I understand he got a tough draw but it’s painful to watch. I just don’t get it. We suck at free throws, shooting, taking care of the ball, you know the things you have to do to win.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Great recruiter. Great guy. Terrible coach. We aren’t good at anything. It’s about winning games not trying to be their friend. We don’t play team basketball and really haven’t in years. I would have hoped to see significantly more progress as a program to this point in his career but we aren’t any better than we were when he took over. I understand he got a tough draw but it’s painful to watch. I just don’t get it. We suck at free throws, shooting, taking care of the ball, you know the things you have to do to win.

You had me at they “don’t play team ball.”

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
I don’t get why every year it takes 20 games to figure out Kalib Boone is by far the best interior player and maybe the best player on the team. Everyone else can be terrible and still play but if he as a bad stretch that’s it for the game for him.

ArizonaPoke

Deputy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 25, 2011

Hard to argue these points. And I really like Coach B and want him to succeed. However, there are so many questions about the play of the team. Where is the year over year improvement of the players? How come we are so poor offensively year after year? How come we never see a player who has a high basketball IQ? We consistently have poor free throw shooting. What has been tried to improve that area? I’m sure there are a dozen other questions that could be asked. I want coach to succeeed and make our team intensely competitive. There are just a lot of areas that need to be addressed though.