Cowboys (8-3) WIN 74-50 in Manhattan against KSU. Pokes are 2-3 in Big 12. #6 Kansas on TUESDAY

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Welcome to Big 12 basketball. Pokes are entering the 5th conference game to face the unranked Wildcats. Yes..an unranked team. Pokes last three games were against the top #14 teams of the nation. Cowboys are only 1 win out of three games though. Those losses? Combined loss of 6 points or 2 scores.

Fans are understandably upset over that last loss against WVU, and that’s fair. Let’s see how Boynton and the team responds today.

Oklahoma State Cowboys vs Kansas State Wildcats

Conference record:
OSU (1-3) KSU (1-3)

All Time Record:
OSU (7-3) KSU (5-7)

Last 4 Meetings:
Stillwater W
@Manhattan W
@Manhattan L
Stillwater L

All time History:
44-40 OSU

Listen

Tunein

History

Preview

Pokes Favored 8

Go POKES beat the WILDCATS!

Last edited:

TrevB11

Wrangler
Dec 16, 2019
Stillwater
Man we really need to snag a win from them up there, that lose to WVU was such a gut punch. I hope they come out fired up and ready to keep on the gas petal, IF they do get up big again.

tmcats

Wrangler
Feb 13, 2014
here's an emaw preview. the cats are very young. start three freshmen and ofttimes have four on the floor.

pack is a smallish point guard gunner out of indy, likes to shoot treys
bradford is a 7-foot big out of st. louis trying to find some game to go with his height, likes to dunk
miguel is an athletically-gifted guard who's adjusting to the college game, likes to drive

around them are senior journeyman guard mike mcguirl and sophomore dujuan gordon. mcguirl tries hard, gordon is developing into a player. three potential starters are out with injuries.

this team is really good on neither side of the court. they just lack experience, but play hard, and are coached hard by weber. in a couple of years they'll be really good, like barry brown/dean wade's junior/senior year teams.

but today, the 8-point spread seems about right. what i've seen of oSu, they'll have to be pretty unfocused to lose this game to these kittens. #emaw

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
here's an emaw preview. the cats are very young. start three freshmen and ofttimes have four on the floor.

pack is a smallish point guard gunner out of indy, likes to shoot treys
bradford is a 7-foot big out of st. louis trying to find some game to go with his height, likes to dunk
miguel is an athletically-gifted guard who's adjusting to the college game, likes to drive

around them are senior journeyman guard mike mcguirl and sophomore dujuan gordon. mcguirl tries hard, gordon is developing into a player. three potential starters are out with injuries.

this team is really good on neither side of the court. they just lack experience, but play hard, and are coached hard by weber. in a couple of years they'll be really good, like barry brown/dean wade's junior/senior year teams.

but today, the 8-point spread seems about right. what i've seen of oSu, they'll have to be pretty unfocused to lose this game to these kittens. #emaw
Bradford is a physical specimen and quite coordinated around the basket, very jealous of that pick up by them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mar 11, 2006
I really thought OSU had a good chance at Bradford when he moved to Oklahoma during high school.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Need to take care of business and learn how to close a game out. Seems like every game this season the Pokes tend to lose focus down the stretch.

Oct 30, 2007
Have to have this one and unfortunately we will also need two big upsets plus split with OU, which is less than 50/50, to get to 8 wins. I think we lose a bad one and win one we should not thus accomplishing nothing and finishing 6-12.

Lose today and probably finish 3-15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tmcats

Wrangler
Feb 13, 2014
welp, k-state's best shooter and point guard, nijel pack, is rumored to be out today due to covid, along with a sub forward. yikes, this could be early-ugly.

May 8, 2007
OKC
No Flavors (hand) & no Donovan Williams. Wonder why Williams didn't make the trip.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk