Cowboys (6-2) Drops game against Wichita State Shockers. Next Up Big 12/Big East Challenge against Xavier on SUNDAY

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Never seen a team lose when the other team didn’t score for the first 7 minutes of each half. Until today. 2 losses to bad teams. Doesn’t matter I guess.

Williams who’s been our best player. Hardly played. Keylan the best shooter hardly played. Kalib the best big hardly played. Makes 0 sense. Ice, cisse, mam, are not good and all need to be on the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
I have two big issues with Boynton.

1) He cannot coach offense. He gets athletes, and if the other team plays man, he hopes we can out athelete them. Basically street ball offense

2) How is he deciding the disparity in minutes?!! Where is Kalib Boone?? Why are Cisse and Bryce Thompson getting so many minutes?! Why is Likele on the floor so much with Avery?! Or why is Likele on the floor this much at all?! Keylan seems to always provide a spark, barely plays. Tyreke Smith provides a spark, barely plays

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
We played they majority of the second half with 4 guys on the floor who can’t make a shot outside of 5 feet.

This, this, this! With a pg that can’t hit the broad side of the barn and is a turnover machine.

Yes. And I forgot to add we did that when they were playing almost all zone. No ability to drive when they know no one will even attempt to shoot. Just surround the lane and say shoot whatever you want. Bad coaching.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Why can’t the coaching staff teach the guys how to defend against the pick and roll? It killed them all night.

Defensively they were fine. It’s 21 turnovers 9-19 from the line and the inability to make a shot. Which with smith cisse mam and ice out there there aren’t going to me many shots made. We actually got worse on free throws and turnovers in the second half. That game was all about coaching. Bad line ups 0 emphasis on free throws and taking care of the ball in practice, seemingly.

Tulley

Wrangler
Feb 27, 2018
IA
It’s exhausting to love boynton in the preseason because of recruiting and hype, question if he can actually coach in December and January and then love him again in March after a decent run. It’s happens every freakin year.