Cowboys (6-0) defeats Wichita State 67-64. 10 Game Winning Streak. vs TCU WEDNESDAY in GIA

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 30, 2007
ESPN blabbering heads have been talking for several days about how Richmond is sooooo good and wvu basically has no chance against them. then reality arrived.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mar 27, 2008
Guys, we were 7-0 to start last year with wins over college of Charleston, ole miss, and Syracuse. Don’t blame people for being 100% in wait and see mode. Boynton and Co have a lot to prove. Boynton’s been here long enough, it’s time for results. I’m hopeful we’ll see them this year, but at the same time , I’m not going to get carried away.
This is true and a good point.

Mar 27, 2008
Is our non-conference schedule that bad that we can't even get ranked going 6-0?

Yet teams like Rutgers (who hasn't even played a road game yet) are in the top 20. At 4-0 against opponents like Farleigh Dickerson University and Sacred Heart University... What a joke.

Last edited:
Mar 27, 2008
And don't give me this crap about Kenpom rankings. Kenpom is so flawed it is laughable. Kenpom has Marquette a team we dominated ranked ahead of us. Marquette is 4-2. We are 6-0.

Last edited:

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
The Oasis
redcircle.com
Honestly, due to the team being young, and needing to stay focused every minute of every day in order to make necessary improvements, I'm okay with us staying out of the rankings as long as possible. I want these guys taking every minute on the court personally, take the court with an attitude. I feel like there's another gear there on defense that we haven't gotten to yet. Not saying our defense has been bad, but with our athleticism we could be downright suffocating. It takes an attitude to achieve that though.

Dub

Cowboy
May 31, 2007
Palo Alto, CA
www.pillowfight.us
I feel like there's another gear there on defense that we haven't gotten to yet. Not saying our defense has been bad, but with our athleticism we could be downright suffocating. It takes an attitude to achieve that though.
Hey!, I saw that gear on Saturday. Unfortunately, the ref drained the crankcase and threw two handfuls of sand in the transmission.

Aug 7, 2006
Guys, we were 7-0 to start last year with wins over college of Charleston, ole miss, and Syracuse. Don’t blame people for being 100% in wait and see mode. Boynton and Co have a lot to prove. Boynton’s been here long enough, it’s time for results. I’m hopeful we’ll see them this year, but at the same time , I’m not going to get carried away.
We've started conference play 2-10 and 3-13(0-8 start) the last two years. I think most people are being cautious based on that... I know I am.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
We've started conference play 2-10 and 3-13(0-8 start) the last two years. I think most people are being cautious based on that... I know I am.

That's my point. Boynton's teams have had a knack for looking pretty good early and then completely falling apart once conference play begins.
If we finish .500 in conference we are a really good team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
The Oasis
redcircle.com
If we finish .500 in conference we are a really good team

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Considering our youth, if we finish .500 in the league I'll consider that a massive step in the right direction for this program. Boynton and Co will have to find a lot more consistency than in years prior for that to come close to happening. I hope they pull it off, or better.