Cowboys 4Ever Poll

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

What is your opinion of the song and age range

• Like it -- Ages 24 and under

Votes: 9 1.8%
  • Like it -- Ages 25-40

Votes: 27 5.5%
  • Like it -- Ages 41+

Votes: 37 7.5%
  • Neutral/Wait and See -- Ages 24 and under

Votes: 30 6.1%
  • Neutral/Wait and See -- Ages 25-40

Votes: 72 14.6%
  • Neutral/Wait and See -- Ages 41+

Votes: 51 10.3%
  • GAH, my ears are bleeding! -- Ages 24 and under

Votes: 64 13.0%
  • GAH, my ears are bleeding! -- Ages 25-40

Votes: 154 31.2%
  • GAH, my ears are bleeding! -- 41+

Votes: 49 9.9%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

leprechaun7

Erin Go Bragh
A/V Subscriber
Feb 26, 2007
Kansas City, MO
seanpharkin.wordpress.com
Re: Cowboys Forever

Just curious, but why do you need a song to get you amped? I remember back in the day when we didn't have intro songs...
It's not that I need a song to get pumped up for a game--I don't, I get excited every time I watch the Cowboys play.

But if we insist on using a song and video to play before the game starts, I would like it to be something that would get everyone kind of riled up.

The intro with "Back in the Saddle" by Aerosmith did just that. "Thunderstruck," as well.

Again, "Cowboys Forever" isn't a bad song. I wouldn't mind hearing it sometime during the game EXCEPT the intro.

Jan 14, 2007
Yukon, OK

Ok so I have not yet listened to the song, but I do know John personally and have for a long time. I am excited for him to get this and trust me there was a whole lot put into this song. Some bigtime producers were in on this song and even some other Cowboy greats helped out with it. Expect a major presence of this campaign on Sept. 5th. Also, yeah maybe we won't love the campaign as a whole but it is what it is so let's not bitch and just get behind it and be excited to be Cowboys!

Okay, if this "Cowboy 4ever" is some sort of theme (ala Orange to the bone) then I think that's fine. But as a intro song that is used to give the crowd an extra charge before kickoff.....it really falls short

Jul 25, 2005

I don't understand why some people are trying to fight orange so hard. Texas and Florida don't seem to have trouble with it.
Actually, there was word that the Longhorns were going to do a blackout a few seasons ago, but that apparently got nipped at some point.

As for Florida, anyone else remember the uniforms Nike gave them a year or two ago that had the blue body and one orange sleeve? Several other schools wore the same template (actually, now that I think about it, Texas might have been one of them. Google doesn't seem to have anything about that though).

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

Man some of you guys are a whiny. I like the song, sure it's not Arrowsmith Back in the saddle, but I think, once again, it's perfect for the Oklahoma State Cowboys. I really like the lyrics and... if it's the intro.. I plan on yelling them, like the song or not, like every FAN in BPS should. Once again, it's not about the music for me but supporting the team even when I might not like something trivial like the music on the entry video.

Seriously, it's sad how whinny some of our fans can be about a stinkin entry video just because it's not EXACTLY to their taste. :x:x

You say you are Oklahoma State fans? Act with some dignity and appreciation about things and don't get worked up over unconfirmed rumors.

Btw, does the music remind anyone else of a country version of Tom Petty?

superpoke

Territorial Marshal
Jun 28, 2005
Orange Country USA

Actually, there was word that the Longhorns were going to do a blackout a few seasons ago, but that apparently got nipped at some point.

As for Florida, anyone else remember the uniforms Nike gave them a year or two ago that had the blue body and one orange sleeve? Several other schools wore the same template (actually, now that I think about it, Texas might have been one of them. Google doesn't seem to have anything about that though).
I do remember those uniforms. Some sort of "future" template...Virginia Tech had them, and wore them more than once, I think.

I meant more in terms of merchandise sales, which has been the speculated reason for the lack of orange in this stuff. I see plenty of Texas and Florida stuff being sold, and no one seems to care that it's orange.

But if we're talking about program-related stuff, Florida still works. While we are painting our stadium gray, the Swamp is coated in orange.

OSU has worked for a long time to make orange a primary identifier for the school. Why the sudden shift away from that?

As for the song....as someone with musical experience, I'm disappointed. The lyrics are nothing but cliches (that Bedlam line = facepalm), the music is in the wrong kind of key to get the blood moving, and Mr. Martin sounds like he's trying to sing just a little bit out of his range. It's a country-leaning pop song, and to me it sounds more suited for a female singer. It's a weak package, and I'm hopeful that Mr. Martin was commissioned to write it - that would help him save face.

For me, it has nothing to do with taste, as I listen to a variety of music. It's just a bad song, regardless of genre.

Jan 14, 2007
To be fair, most of Ben Hill Stadium is actually gray, but I see what you're saying ;)
I have it on very good authority that this is the intro song. Also , not that matters but the producers o The Fray and even Garth himself had a hand in on this song. I would get used to it and the slogan Cowboys forever because that is Going to be around for awhile

Chris H.

administrator emeritus
Jul 1, 2004
Tulsa, Okla.
chris.hasenpflug.net

I have it on very good authority that this is the intro song. Also , not that matters but the producers o The Fray and even Garth himself had a hand in on this song. I would get used to it and the slogan Cowboys forever because that is Going to be around for awhile
Please define what you mean by "intro song"...I believe it might need some clarification ;)

Gman

Sheriff
Jul 27, 2004

Talk about a sure-fire way to zap the energy out of the crowd. Wow. Much worse than last year's "we like it honkin'" fiasco. Hopefully, the real intro song (right before the players run out) is something that will get the crowd (and players) pumped up.

OSUFirepolak

Federal Marshal
Jan 16, 2005

That song made me want to kill myself after 50 seconds. The only entrance video that song should be a part of is the Gay Rodeo.

For the love of God I hope that is not it because if it is the person who made that decision should be fired. :x

Rack

Legendary Cowboy
Oct 13, 2004
Earth

That song made me want to kill myself after 50 seconds. The only entrance video that song should be a part of is the Gay Rodeo.

For the love of God I hope that is not it because if it is the person who made that decision should be fired. :x
Are you really that much of a baby? Seriously...? Some will love it, some will hate it, but if it's anything like last years, no one will deny it's production value. Why can't you hold judgement until AFTER you actually see it?

Seriously, some of you people sound like spoiled little children. Btw, Garth doesn't work for the University.

OSUFirepolak

Federal Marshal
Jan 16, 2005

Rack how about you shut the hell up and let other's express their opinions? And if you couldn't tell that I was being a little bit sarcastic than you need to turn your meter up a little bit there buddy.

And if you would pull your head out for 2 seconds and actually read what I wrote you would see that I'm not judging the video quality (because I have not seen it) but I am judging the song because I listened to it. The video will look great I'm sure but if it's put to that music could anybody honestly say that it would pump a football crowd up?

If anybody has ever read my posts they know I'm in support of University decision the VAST majority of times but I'm not a sheep that just blindly follows the herd. Putting an entrance video for a football game to a song like that would not be well received, just looking at the crowds reactions to the videos of 2006 and 2007 compaired to that of 2008 would tell you that much.

But at this point I seriously doubt that is the song they use.

Status
Not open for further replies.