Cowboys (4-0) defeats Oakland Grizzlies 84-71. Pokes Remain PERFECT Next up Oral Robert TUESDAY in GIA

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
A couple were literally flat footed heaves that went in. No defense could have prevented some of those shots from going in.
1. #14 williams can not only shoot, but he can flat play defense as well.
2. Ice is our best ”in the paint“ player
3. Cade is really good. He is going to HAVE to shoot more especially early. that is two home games in a row where he has been held scoreless through the first 5 minutes of the game, mainly b/c he hasn’t looked to score.
100%

Ice has legit moves down low. If only he was 5" taller. Also agree on B Will's defense. He was on the floor when we started clamping down at the end, and playing really tight.

OSU79

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Oct 22, 2009
Back home in God's (Green) Country
Anytime a team hits 17 three pointers at a 46% clip and you still win....that's good. I don't care who you are. Now one could argue that the perimeter defense needs to improve. I only listented on the radio, couldn't watch so I don't know if Oakland just made crazy shots or if they had a lot of open looks.

It's already been said, but 17 turnovers way to many, need to work on that but on the flip side, 22 assists is freaking fantastic. Love to see that.
Watched the video today. I knew we had the 22 assists on 29 made baskets, but I was surprised how many of our possessions had 4-7 front court passes. Love seeing them move the ball like that.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
#20 Kentucky lost to unranked Georgia Tech. Expect the pokes to be sitting top 25 tomorrow
The real nut punch would be if Marquette gets ranked because they beat number 4 Wisconsin but we are sitting in the also receiving votes section even though we beat Marquette in the same week.

Sep 23, 2010
Thoughts on game....

Ran into some really good shooting and we struggled early. We seemed to lack a bit of energy and took some time to adjust to the zone. Really clamped down and played well down the stretch though. Ice was solid throughout. Cade kind of took over at the end to stretch things out. Kalib played much better minus the turnovers. The zone caused Walker issues from an offensive perspective but he played a good floor game. Nice to see a couple drop for Keylan. A lot of things to be encouraged about. Bryce Williams....I'm not sure why Ole Miss let him go. B. Williams and Walker really make a lot of things happen for us when they come in.

There's a lot to be encouraged about with this young group. I see AA helping us still (D. Williams probably doesn't play much because of it). I just don't see how Harris steps back into minutes when he's back. Walker, Williams, Flavors are playing well in that role and would hate to see their development stalled.

Aug 22, 2006
SE Oklahoma
Thoughts on game....

Ran into some really good shooting and we struggled early. We seemed to lack a bit of energy and took some time to adjust to the zone. Really clamped down and played well down the stretch though. Ice was solid throughout. Cade kind of took over at the end to stretch things out. Kalib played much better minus the turnovers. The zone caused Walker issues from an offensive perspective but he played a good floor game. Nice to see a couple drop for Keylan. A lot of things to be encouraged about. Bryce Williams....I'm not sure why Ole Miss let him go. B. Williams and Walker really make a lot of things happen for us when they come in.

There's a lot to be encouraged about with this young group. I see AA helping us still (D. Williams probably doesn't play much because of it). I just don't see how Harris steps back into minutes when he's back. Walker, Williams, Flavors are playing well in that role and would hate to see their development stalled.
There are 2 things I have noticed watching this year's basketball team, #1 they are way more talented than we have been in several years, quick and athletic and playing a pretty stout defense. With that being said they just had their 3 point defensive % killed by a team that was on fire from behind the 3 point line. #2 they are young and inexperienced. Ice and Cade look like they know what is going on the whole time they're on the floor. #14 on defense is really strong and he has some real ups too. The Boone twins seem to need work on turnovers mainly they are a few hamburgers away from being really strong in the best league in the country. Walker, MAM, and Williams will be very good by the end of the season. With Anderson back we will have another PG that will allow our offense to grow into what it is capable of being. This is a team that will be able to beat anyone when they get everything put together.

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
The Rashad Williams kid from Oakland dropped 36 on #4 Michigan State yesterday on 8 of 17 from 3. He’s just on fire the last 2 games. They lost by 18 but scored 91 points.

Looks like he played a total of 49 minutes in their first 5 games and then 37 and 35 minutes in the last 2. Wonder what the deal is there and it’s amazing that they are 0-7. TOUGH schedule.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk