Cowboy Golf

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

LakeCowboy

#golfschool
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
What a battle! Winner of this was going to the final, Vandy isn't any good.

Baumgartner really battled. Next year's lineup of Eugenio, Stark, Bo and Jonas plus the best of the rest will be a team that can actually contend in Match play. Excited some Texas guys are finally going to be moving on. That class was a good one for them.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
So... Baumgartner not doing good on 18?

Sent from my SM-G991U using Tapatalk
Braumgarter took a terrible tee shot and landed in the sand/brush area. It was all she wrote after that. 18 is a fairly easy hole, but a terrible shot off the tee sealed his fate. He made it interesting and won 3 holes in a row to close it to 1, but if he played with that same urgency from the beginning, we probably are moving on

LakeCowboy

#golfschool
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
Braumgarter took a terrible tee shot and landed in the sand/brush area. It was all she wrote after that. 18 is a fairly easy hole, but a terrible shot off the tee sealed his fate. He made it interesting and won 3 holes in a row to close it to 1, but if he played with that same urgency from the beginning, we probably are moving on
Match play isn't easy, it takes some experience. Him battling like that should give us a solid look at 3 points next year with Chacarra, Stark and Baumgartner. That was great experience for him.

Texas on paper should have beat us 4-1, the Pokes battled today and should look a lot better next year.

LakeCowboy

#golfschool
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
Didn't Bo Jin finish runner-up in last year's NCAA tournament? I think we want to keep him.
He hit a lot of quality shots today too, putter just wasn't working for him. He had a soph slump, but you want that kind of experience in '23 and '24 if you can keep it.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Match play isn't easy, it takes some experience. Him battling like that should give us a solid look at 3 points next year with Chacarra, Stark and Baumgartner. That was great experience for him.

Texas on paper should have beat us 4-1, the Pokes battled today and should look a lot better next year.
I know it aint easy...look no further than Senior Cameron Sisk going up against a redshirt freshman for OU. Texas has 3 super seniors and if there was a year they needed to win, this is the year. OU probably going to kicking themselves in the foot. Their best player gets his ass handed today, and looked like the moment was too big for him.

LakeCowboy

#golfschool
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
I know it aint easy...look no further than Senior Cameron Sisk going up against a redshirt freshman for OU. Texas has 3 super seniors and if there was a year they needed to win, this is the year. OU probably going to kicking themselves in the foot. Their best player gets his ass handed today, and looked like the moment was too big for him.
He was likely just reeling from missing out on an Individual title. Chacarra showed a lot of resolve to show up today after what he went through yesterday, its not easy to turn it back on after that. Gotterup from OU ran into an extremely well coached buzzsaw in Summerhays. That kid is going to be special at this level, he's had too many resources poured into him not to be. I really wish he would have came to OSU as a legacy instead of staying home at ASU. Same for his sister Grace. At least he embarrassed OU for us!

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Baumgartner is a sophomore...he's not going anywhere. Neither is Bo Jin
Hope they get better then

Baumgartner really battled. Next year's lineup of Eugenio, Stark, Bo and Jonas plus the best of the rest will be a team that can actually contend in Match play. Excited some Texas guys are finally going to be moving on. That class was a good one for them.
Call me an idiot and immediately follow up with an idiotic post. Seems about right. Vandy isn't any good? We'll see if this line up can compete in match play. I have my doubts but time will tell.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma

Call me an idiot and immediately follow up with an idiotic post. Seems about right. Vandy isn't any good? We'll see if this line up can compete in match play. I have my doubts but time will tell.
Unless they get a huge NIL deal or they truly just unhappy in Stillwater, they not leaving. This team wasn't expected to win it all, and almost pulled off beating Texas. Texas has always underachieved with their talent, and maybe this is the year they put it together. OU is the one that will be more disappointed than anyone else. This team was a top 5 team, just played like garbage the last couple days. Gupta shot a 65 his first round, and couldn't match that, much less come close to that.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar

Yep. He was right. Texas wins easy. We would have blown them out

LakeCowboy

#golfschool
A/V Subscriber
May 14, 2009
Edmond, OK
Baumgartner is a sophomore...he's not going anywhere. Neither is Bo Jin

Vandy sucks. They’re ranked every year and never do anything. They are 2-5 in match play coming into this year and are the most likely top 10 team every year to miss match play.

As previously stated, our match was for a spot in the NCAA finals.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
As down as we are this year, we are stil top 4. ASU, Texas, us and ou. If Texas wins, we are probably number 2.

Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
This Texas team (the Coody’s and Cole Hammer) have been really rough on us. They’re the ones who kept us from winning 2 straight at The Blessings in Arkansas after we won it at Karsten Creek in 2018