Cowboy Golf

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Going to a playoff to determine the individual champion. Vandy is the #1 seed, we’ll play against Texas in the 4-5 matchup. OU golfer choked on 18

The Poke

Territorial Marshal
Jun 4, 2007
Broken Arrow, Ok
Gotterup (OU) had makeable short putts on both 17 and 18 and missed both. Onto a playoff for Chacarra.

Gordon Sargent, Vandy
Eugenio Chacarra, Oklahoma State
Parker Coody, Texas
Ryan Burnett, North Carolina

OU’s Chris Gotterup missed two short putts on final two holes to miss by a shot.

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
It's gotten worse. We just aren't that good. We're good. Top 10 good for sure, but we are not #2. Kind of nice to get highly ranked on reputation for a change though. This is the least disappointed I've been about a loss in match play that I can remember. I'm usually crushed because we blew it to a less talented team. That isn't going to be the case this year. We're losing to a better team, but I think the boys played to what they're correct ranking should have been .

I say that, but for the first time in about 45 minutes, something went our way. Gupta now only one back through 11 holes. Unfortunately, he's up against Hammer, and that's probably what he will drop on us in the next few holes. They're kids though, so something good could happen for us. Just not looking great right now.

Jul 9, 2004
Really need Gupta to win. Coody is one hole from dormy vs Jin. And Baumgartner is close to the same.

Sent from my Pixel 6 Pro using Tapatalk

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
OU and OSU both about to exit stage left in their first match play event. #1 Vandy is 4 down to Texas Tech. This appears to not be our year!
No it does not, but it's kind of cool to make the match play in a year where we have a couple of serious gaps in our roster. I can't believe Baumgartner is our best option. Kind of like the women's team, I hope Coach B is hitting the recruiting trail hard. We need an infusion on talent with what we are losing.