Cowboy Basketball: vs Wichita State

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Its pretty simple though. Without Likele this team isn't very good. Anderson isn't ready to play point. Waters is simply not a point guard. With him they are good. Yes Ice makes this big a difference.
So Ice determined rebounds, free throw shooting, and effort for the rest of the team?

Him being out hurts big time. But look at the Georgetown game, their starting point guard didn’t play and you damn sure couldn’t tell.

Every team loses players during the season, yet for some reason OSU cannot play respectable when they have to play without a player. And people excuse it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ice is a big loss in the effort department, he is constantly bouncing with energy that the other guys feed on.
Also, with Georgetown, their backup of isn't a freshman with no experience against strong competition. Our freshman may have been good in high school, but they are write a drop talent what when you factor in experience.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk
One person a team does not make. Georgetown proved it on the road when they were 4-3 coming in.

The rest of the team, especially the upper class men, should not have to rely on Ice to determine their energy and effort.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Just an awful performance. I thought this was a really good team. What is wrong with Anei. 2 horrible games in a row. Likele being out killer but Lindy exposed at point today. We looked awful on both ends today.
Anei play is part of the issue. He got into early foul trouble again. When he’s not in foul trouble and is allowed to play his game he makes up for defensive liabilities like Dziagwa and others. Anei has these issues last year with foul trouble.
Refs let Wichita players maul ours. Especially Yor and Cam. Why can't we get some home court cooking. Seriously.

Sep 23, 2018
Stillwater
Just a hard game to watch.

Yor in early foul trouble again picks up a fouls in less than a minute. TBH he is just a foul waiting to happen the refs gave him the benefit of the doubt a few times or he would have been gone much sooner. Made a few free throws b/c the refs bailed him out on a few prayers he was throwing up.

Our offense minus ice is just lethargic and slow. Lindy is a good player but the ball just dies in his hands when he is running the point. Dizzy has been a true warrior for us, but coach doesn’t need to let loyalty cloud his judgement, today he took only one shot and missed, his defense is a major liability.

The seniors look SLOW especially on defense as could be seen by the start of the game and the start of the second half they just scorched us. The freshmen are quicker, but somewhat out of control. Anderson/Harris play good D, but make a lot of freshmen mistakes. Anderson’s defense spurred the little comeback we had at the end of the half. I’d rather see some good defense and just live with the mistakes.

I’ve never seen us come out short on so many loose balls....EVER!!

Jun 25, 2011
You got manhandled last time you were on your home court. Why didn’t you fix it then?
Well I like that he owns it. When is the last time Gundy pointed the finger at himself?

I will say I would consider starting 5 freshmen next game. Send a message that I don’t care that this is your senior season the results aren’t there the last two games. Let the freshmen continue to develop because it is apparent the seniors won’t carry us very far.

Aug 31, 2013
An embarrassing two games at home. I don’t care who play. Look like a completely different team than we were in Brooklyn. Lindy cannot be the 1. Let Avery run it and live with his mistakes. Dizzy needs to ride the pine he can’t play D. I love the kid but his D is atrocious.

wrenhal

Territorial Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Its pretty simple though. Without Likele this team isn't very good. Anderson isn't ready to play point. Waters is simply not a point guard. With him they are good. Yes Ice makes this big a difference.
So Ice determined rebounds, free throw shooting, and effort for the rest of the team?

Him being out hurts big time. But look at the Georgetown game, their starting point guard didn’t play and you damn sure couldn’t tell.

Every team loses players during the season, yet for some reason OSU cannot play respectable when they have to play without a player. And people excuse it.

Ice is a big loss in the effort department, he is constantly bouncing with energy that the other guys feed on.
Also, with Georgetown, their backup of isn't a freshman with no experience against strong competition. Our freshman may have been good in high school, but they are write a drop talent what when you factor in experience.

One person a team does not make. Georgetown proved it on the road when they were 4-3 coming in.

The rest of the team, especially the upper class men, should not have to rely on Ice to determine their energy and effort.

I'm not saying it's right, but it's how it seems.

Nov 17, 2008
Tulsa, OK
Very frustrating performance. Last two games really helped show the entirety of what Ice brings to this ball club. Aside from stats, his presence just brings the overall energy and confidence level up across the board. You can't quantify it. There's a reason we looked a different team out there. Pretty disappointed in McGriff. He airballed a wide open 3, got a flagarant foul for shoving off with a forearm to a guy's throat, and then on offense when he picked up his dribble, and attempted to carve out some room to shoot by shoving the defender out of the way with his shoulder. That move is never NOT going to be a foul.
He has accepted the role of senior leader on this team, and they really needed some on-the-court leadership out there today, and didn't seem to get it. No intensity. 50-50 balls were dominated by WSU. They looked soft, and they looked like they gave up.
We had 9 assists. TOTAL. They had a player with 11, all by himself!
Yor Anei has to learn not to leave his feet when he's the on-ball defender, until the ball leaves his openent's hands. Maybe not even then. His blocks will still come, but they need to come when he's sliding over to help, and there's space available that allows him to safely pursue the assassination of shot attempts in the paint. That's where practically all of his blocks come from anyway.
Sorry for the rant. I hope the freshmen got some valuable playing time, if nothing else. I'm confident we'll be back to being world beaters once Ice recovers and gets back out on the court. I just wish his absence didn't turn our team into what we all saw the past two games.

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Gottlieb on Twitter reporting Ice has mono.

Not good, multi week absence will not bold well for this team.

If you have a fever it will usually go away within 10 days. If you have an enlarged liver or spleen, it will usually become normal in 4-6 weeks. Other mono symptoms go away after 2-4 weeks (the length of time varies for each person), but you may continue to feel very tired for about 3-6 months, or even longer

Birry

Federal Marshal
Feb 6, 2007
Landlocked
If you have a fever it will usually go away within 10 days. If you have an enlarged liver or spleen, it will usually become normal in 4-6 weeks. Other mono symptoms go away after 2-4 weeks (the length of time varies for each person), but you may continue to feel very tired for about 3-6 months, or even longer

I had mono in college. I don't remember one week of my life, but after that it wasn't terrible, and I had an enlarged spleen for 2 weeks or so. I was playing ball at the Colvin again after 3-4 weeks, but was definitely fatigued pretty easily for several months.

I knew a person that missed a semester because of it. I guess it can be way worse for some people.

Sep 29, 2006
Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk[/QUOTE]
Yeah it's become routine for us to be embarrassed on our own floor it's little wonder our crowds are sparse and uninterested
Anyone ever wonder why we have looked great on the road and terrible at home. Maybe 18-22 year old kids lose their energy when game after game they run out on the GIA floor to an empty arena. Maybe they resent the fact they work their asses off and nobody cares.

Apr 18, 2009
NW OKC

Anyone ever wonder why we have looked great on the road and terrible at home. Maybe 18-22 year old kids lose their energy when game after game they run out on the GIA floor to an empty arena. Maybe they resent the fact they work their asses off and nobody cares.[/QUOTE]
Maybe they have girlfriends that, you know, need attention. Might be better to have all games on away?