Cowboy Basketball: UT defeats OSU in Big 12 Championship Game. Pokes are #4 Seed and will play #13 Seed Liberty on FRIDAY

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
Don’t look for NCAA to not job is with officiating in the tournament. They can’t be happy Cade came here, we did well, and are challenging their BS sanction.

Mar 27, 2008
Unranked Georgia Tech beats #15 Florida State to win the ACC tournament. Wow it's almost like having a bye the day before a championship game is an advantage against teams who don't...

Georgia Tech had a bye yesterday when their scheduled opponent Virginia was unable to play due to covid.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
I know we are disappointed in today’s results but just look how much better this team has gotten since January. We were wondering if we would even get in and for the first time in a long time we don’t have to sweat selection Sunday. Heck of a season from the Pokes. Sweet 16 and I think anything past that is gravy.

Mar 7, 2020
Oklahoma City
You could tell which team was well rested and it played a big part in the game tonight..but these men did not ever quit. The Cowboys pushed Texas to the end. Cade was awesome...the officiating was not. The deck was just stacked against us tonight and UT can enjoy their tourney win*. Bigger things ahead!

Selection Sunday is upon us and it's been some time since the OSU fanbase has been this hyped.

Lunardi still has us as a 2 seed...Let the Madness begin! Go Pokes!!

andylicious

Territorial Marshal
Nov 16, 2013
tractor
At the start of the season wouldn't we gladly have taken the season results. We have won 8 of the last 10, we made it to the finals of the tournament, and we are realistically looking at a 2 or 3 seed. I am actually watching college basketball with interest again.

edmondcowboy

Federal Marshal
Sep 24, 2008
Texas had to damn near shoot free throws on every foul we committed. 22 fouls resulting in 36 free throw attempts. So at most we committed 4 non shooting fouls, if my math is correct. I mean that’s beyond ridiculous. Jones scored 13 points on 1-8 shooting. Compare that to 18 fouls resulting in 17 free throw attempts osu. So the 4 extra fouls resulted in 19 more free throws for Texas. The big 12 in an absolute joke.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
You could tell which team was well rested and it played a big part in the game tonight..but these men did not ever quit. The Cowboys pushed Texas to the end. Cade was awesome...the officiating was not. The deck was just stacked against us tonight and UT can enjoy their tourney win*. Bigger things ahead!

Selection Sunday is upon us and it's been some time since the OSU fanbase has been this hyped.

Lunardi still has us as a 2 seed...Let the Madness begin! Go Pokes!!
I will be absolutely shocked if OSU ends up a 2 seed, very happy but shocked.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Let them enjoy their Mickey Mouse championship. I still think the Big 12 should have postponed the game till tomorrow it simply was unfair that Texas got a day of rest and not having to play the semi final game.
All the conferences that had a COVID situation treated it exactly the same way. The same way the NCAA tourney will treat it - as a noncontest forfeit. Does it suck for OSU? Yes. But thats the way it is. There have been a lot of things that have taken place in the last year on all sorts of different levels due to Covid that I would deem "unfair". This isn't one of them. It was very unfortunate and OSU had to play at a disadvantage tonight, but it is what it is. Credit to Texas, they had a good game plan, pounding it into the bigs, and playing 2 giants to outrebound us all night.

I hated losing just like everyone, but lets quit blaming the Big 12 and everyone else just because we got the short end of the stick. We'll be ready for the NCAA's.
Good thing is, we won't play 3 games in a row, without a break, the rest of the way.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
Texas had to damn near shoot free throws on every foul we committed. 22 fouls resulting in 36 free throw attempts. So at most we committed 4 non shooting fouls, if my math is correct. I mean that’s beyond ridiculous. Jones scored 13 points on 1-8 shooting. Compare that to 18 fouls resulting in 17 free throw attempts osu. So the 4 extra fouls resulted in 19 more free throws for Texas. The big 12 in an absolute joke.

That made the difference in the game. Even # of FT's, either us more, or them less and we win.

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Still proud of the team. A well rested team won tonight. It’s all good. That’s was a final four game.

Hope this team is ready next Friday. This team is too good to be knocked out in the 1st round.

ArizonaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jun 25, 2011
Looks like you don't need to travel during a game again and I can re-download the espn app as I thought that was my curse.
Perhaps you can travel now and I can remove the ESPN app. I will say I got some nice trips out of it. Currently in Maui so perhaps you can rustle up some nice destinations to enjoy while the team makes the run to the Final Four.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Most national pundits will say the big ten is the best, but that makes no sense to me. We have 7 (out of 10) top 25 teams and probably 6 legit tournament contenders. Multiple teams that wouldn't surprise you too win it all. Just the standard bias IMHO.
The history of March Madness has shown that the Big Ten is better. It sends more teams forward than the Big 12. That, to me, is the sign of the better conferences.

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
Still proud of the team. A well rested team won tonight. It’s all good. That’s was a final four game.

Hope this team is ready next Friday. This team is too good to be knocked out in the 1st round.
It had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with "being well-rested". These are young super athletes and after a season of games, one more or less is not going to be the difference. I actually think it's better for any team to NOT have a day off that can take the focus off of a team during a tournament.
These guys love to ball. Unless they're injured, they want to play.

The UT day off had nothing to do with Texas. That was out of their control.

The real reason Texas won was because they had superior talent in Sims and their guards, but Sims was the game plan and the game changer.

We also missed a lot of shots that have been going in for us in the stretch run. Little things like a layup and one. Or a three here and there.

Our boys fought hard and proud, but UT coaches put together the game winning formula of clamping down on Cade and getting the ball to Sims in the paint.
We never had the lead per se and were always playing catch up.

The Longhorns played good D. Better than anyone has on us in this stretch. We just didn't get the shots to fall like we have during our late season run.

But, I never gave up on the game until the last few seconds. Our guys always play with hope and never quit determination. I love that about this team and our coaches.

I was telling my OSU son, that the silver lining to this loss is that it resets our Cowboys team mentality of invincibility. We have to take advantage of each and every trip down the court from here on out. Take nothing for granted. We can win it all, but we're not perfect and hardwork and hustle are required for each and every minute we have left.

Like my OSU grad brother says, "We win our last game and we're National Champions.".

Oct 7, 2015
St. Elmo, CO
they did beat us 2 out of 3.
Seems as though we have a bunch of whiners on this board that like to think we got screwed by the Big 12 and the referees and whatever else children like to find blame in a loss other than the facts.

I really wonder how many of these posters even played sports.

It's really embarrassing to read some of these comments about hating an opposing coach because his team beat ours 2 out of 3 times.

CPTNQUIRK

I'm Your Captain!
A/V Subscriber
Nov 20, 2006
In the Boondocks in Creek County, Oklahoma
It had ABSOLUTELY NOTHING to do with "being well-rested". These are young super athletes and after a season of games, one more or less is not going to be the difference. I actually think it's better for any team to NOT have a day off that can take the focus off of a team during a tournament.

The real reason Texas won was because they had superior talent in Sims and their guards, but Sims was the game plan and the game changer.

We also missed a lot of shots that have been going in for us in the stretch run. Little things like a layup and one. Or a three here and there.

Our boys fought hard and proud, but UT coaches put together the game winning formula of clamping down on Cade and getting the ball to Sims in the paint.

The Longhorns played good D. Better than anyone has on us in this stretch. We just didn't get the shots to fall like we have during our late season run.

But, I never gave up on the game until the last few seconds. Our guys always play with hope and never quit determination. I love that about this team and our coaches.

I was telling my OSU son, that the silver lining to this loss is that it resets our Cowboys team mentality of invincibility. We have to take advantage of each and every trip down the court from here on out. Take nothing for granted. We can win it all, but we're not perfect and hardwork and hustle are required for each and every minute we have left.

Like my OSU grad brother says, "We win our last game and we're National Champions.".
And you don’t think a little fatigue from 3 games in 3 days had anything to do with it while the other team was fresh.

Apr 7, 2006

I believe an extra day of rest at the beginning of the tournament makes little difference and, as you said, might actually hurt. However, I think it's different at the end of a tournament. I think some of the whining here is over the top though. Texas had a good game plan and has a good team and took advantage of their strengths.