Cowboy Basketball: UT defeats OSU in Big 12 Championship Game. Pokes are #4 Seed and will play #13 Seed Liberty on FRIDAY

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Last time I checked, OSU won the game. And yet, I've read several posts after the game about turnovers, not about the win. Come on, people. Negativity is no bueno, especially during the midst of the best season we've had in nearly 2 decades. I'm glad I'm enjoying this season... I fail to understand how other OSU fans choose to promote negativity during this outstanding season. I just don't get it.
Good grief, I'm just asking a legitimate question. I'm thrilled that we're winning and I love this team. I'm just wondering why we're turning the ball over so much at this point in the season. Those will usually come back to to haunt you at some point.
Have you heard that odd stat concerning what our record is when we have the most/least turnovers? It’s completely backwards. Like 5-2 (most TOs) vs 3-4 (least). It’s our team’s DNA.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Last time I checked, OSU won the game. And yet, I've read several posts after the game about turnovers, not about the win. Come on, people. Negativity is no bueno, especially during the midst of the best season we've had in nearly 2 decades. I'm glad I'm enjoying this season... I fail to understand how other OSU fans choose to promote negativity during this outstanding season. I just don't get it.
Good grief, I'm just asking a legitimate question. I'm thrilled that we're winning and I love this team. I'm just wondering why we're turning the ball over so much at this point in the season. Those will usually come back to to haunt you at some point.
Have you heard that odd stat concerning what our record is when we have the most/least turnovers? It’s completely backwards. Like 5-2 (most TOs) vs 3-4 (least). It’s our team’s DNA.
Being aggressive on offense tends to lead to a greater number of turnovers. I prefer this offense to some of our previous where we dribble around the perimeter and throw up a 3 We need to protect the ball but I don’t want them getting tentative at this stage of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
Being aggressive on offense tends to lead to a greater number of turnovers. I prefer this offense to some of our previous where we dribble around the perimeter and throw up a 3 We need to protect the ball but I don’t want them getting tentative at this stage of the season

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
And that’s the right answer. They gotta play the way they’re confident. That leads to turnovers. That 2nd half today could be the outlier or it could be the start of our national championship run. I’m going with the latter because it’s more fun.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
Big 12 has gotta be the best conference in the nation. Nothing but competitive games the whole tourney.
Most national pundits will say the big ten is the best, but that makes no sense to me. We have 7 (out of 10) top 25 teams and probably 6 legit tournament contenders. Multiple teams that wouldn't surprise you too win it all. Just the standard bias IMHO.

Poke4Christ

Federal Marshal
Aug 2, 2005
Edmond, OK
It’s toughening us all up. I expect the 4 teams that won today to all make the Sweet 16.
Wouldn't surprise me if we had 5, or even 6 sweet 16 teams. As you said, this conference is making everyone experts in close hard fought games. That will pay dividends in the tournament.

Side note, it is also why I expect Gonzaga to have a semi-early exit. Probably won't make it past the sweet 16. Any of our top 5 would best them.

Last edited:

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Most national pundits will say the big ten is the best, but that makes no sense to me. We have 7 (out of 10) top 25 teams and probably 6 legit tournament contenders. Multiple teams that wouldn't surprise you too win it all. Just the standard bias IMHO.
As much as I hate him, Fran had a good point today during our game. Big 10 has the best big guys in the country and Big 12 has the best guard play in the country. So just two different kinds of basketball.

Jun 5, 2020
OKC
Wouldn't surprise me if we had 5, or even 6 sweet 16 teams. As you said, this conference is making everyone experts in close hard fought games. That will pay dividends in the tournament.

Side note, it is also why I expect Gonzaga to have a semi-early exit. Probably won't make it past the sweet 16. Any of our top 5 would best them.
Brackets, for the most, don't let that happen

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
Was going to say that this team reminded me of the 2007 K State team when Beasley was a freshman averaging 26 ppg, but nevermind..they were a 21-12 (10-6) 11 seed(!!) in the tournament. I know I suck at comparing teams. Anyone else have any?
Carmelo Anthony’s Syracuse team. That’s the dream.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CampusCowboy

Federal Marshal
Oct 4, 2006
Saint Louis, MO
As much as I hate him, Fran had a good point today during our game. Big 10 has the best big guys in the country and Big 12 has the best guard play in the country. So just two different kinds of basketball.
Guards are much more important in college basketball. Guards can carry their team to a championship. Can’t remember the last time a big guy did that. Danny Manning?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk