Cowboy Basketball: Texas defeats the Pokes (6-2) 74-77. 2 Week Winter Intermission. Next up TTU on Jan 2nd.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Cowboys (6-1) will travel to Austin to face the Longhorns (5-1). Texas will be the first top 25 team that the Pokes will face. Marquette, Wichita State, and TCU were our toughest opponents thus far..Texas will ultimately but our first trie test.

As of Saturday December 19th, the game will be broadcasted on the Longhorn Network at 1PM.

Oklahoma State Cowboys (6-1) vs Texas Longhorns (5-1)

Texas leads series 33-21

Radio

Tune

History
https://twitter.com/osumbb/status/1340665761258500096?s=21

Go POKES! beat the Longhorns!

Last edited:
Oct 30, 2007
ESPN has TU at 81.3% to win. I think that is in the correct area. I am not sure we will get out-coached in this one but it will probably be pretty even on the at front. The talent and size differential TU has is the difference. So, this looks like a, “if we shoot lights out, we can win, other wise we lose” game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Fly

Wrangler
Jan 10, 2020
Edmond
A 1-3 Iowa St went into Morgantown WV and grabbed a win vs huggiebear last night. I’m starting to see a theme across college basketball of poor shooting. I’m feeling a little better that we can play with just about anybody. Today’s match up with Texas will be difficult with their size.

Oct 30, 2007
A 1-3 Iowa St went into Morgantown WV and grabbed a win vs huggiebear last night. I’m starting to see a theme across college basketball of poor shooting. I’m feeling a little better that we can play with just about anybody. Today’s match up with Texas will be difficult with their size.
Huh? WVU beat ISU last night.

We play TU on Sunday.

I have not seen evidence that we can play with the top 5 in the conf. If we stick with a style of play instead of changing it drastically every game and we develop a plan on offense instead of going Cade on 5, we might have a chance at 8 conf wins but we better get started.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Oct 18, 2020
Stillwater ok
It’s seems to me that our quickness will give them trouble just like there size will give us trouble! I’am wondering if we will play a lot of zone defense? Absolutely right on, we must shoot the ball better! What’s encouraging me about the loss to TCU is the fact we missed 9 free throws and only hit 3 out of 17 three point attempts but still scored 76 points!!

Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina
It’s seems to me that our quickness will give them trouble just like there size will give us trouble! I’am wondering if we will play a lot of zone defense? Absolutely right on, we must shoot the ball better! What’s encouraging me about the loss to TCU is the fact we missed 9 free throws and only hit 3 out of 17 three point attempts but still scored 76 points!!
Not to mention about ten point blank misses.

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Bumping this back up, it is a huge game. I hope to see something from the coaches today.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Unfortunately we won’t be able to see anything because the Big 12 thought it would be a good idea to give Texas its own network.