Cowboy Basketball: Pokes are now 7-6 in with SWEEP over ISU. Baylor Game POSTPONED. Tech Next Monday (22nd)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

Chairman of the Board

Federal Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Iowa State just took a 1 point lead over OU with 11:00 left after trailing by 21.

(WVU came back from ANOTHER 19 points deficit to beat Texas today)

Here's my theory about all of the lost leads in basketball--sometimes football: this generation has very short attention spans. Their phones, technology, and everything else come in short bursts. Maintaining focus for a 40 minute basketball game is harder for them than we realize.

Last edited:

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Iowa State just took a 1 point lead over OU with 11:00 left after trailing by 21.

(WVU came back from ANOTHER 19 points deficit to beat Texas today)

Here's my theory about all of the lost leads in basketball--sometimes football: this generation has very short attention spans. Their phones, technology, and everything else come in short bursts. Maintaining focus for a 40 minute basketball game is harder for them than we realize.
My theory is that there isn't a home crowd to bury the other team in noise so it turns into something akin to an NBA game that is a game of runs. I can remember GIA getting super loud when we went on a run to get up 20. Its hard to fight all that energy. Now there isn't any energy so kids don't get rattled.

Aug 29, 2004
Austin, TX
https://twitter.com/franfraschilla/status/1363553614115954689
Is anyone else ready for a new Big 12 ESPN play by play announcer? In addition to being the master of the obvious, he rarely says anything new from game to game. We hear the same shtick from him every single game.
Last night he totally missed the fact that Cunningham picked up his 4th foul with 15 minutes to play. Some of these announcers complain that they miss things because they're broadcasting remotely, but why can we see the game remotely better than they can?
ESPN needs to hire someone - Manzer? - to liven up their Big 12 broadcasts.

wrenhal

Federal Marshal
Aug 11, 2011
https://twitter.com/franfraschilla/status/1363553614115954689

Is anyone else ready for a new Big 12 ESPN play by play announcer? In addition to being the master of the obvious, he rarely says anything new from game to game. We hear the same shtick from him every single game.
Last night he totally missed the fact that Cunningham picked up his 4th foul with 15 minutes to play. Some of these announcers complain that they miss things because they're broadcasting remotely, but why can we see the game remotely better than they can?
Fran isn't big12, he's ESPN. Isn't he?

Sent from my Moto Z (2) using Tapatalk

OkstateKerr

Territorial Marshal
Jan 13, 2005
Not to mention that once he figured it out he wouldn't shut up about it. But never mentioned that McClung picked up his fourth in overtime

Jan 21, 2006
Boulder
I think Fran finally said that Cade picked up his 4th @16:19, so I rewound to that spot and absolutely nothing happened then.

Sep 8, 2012
Fort Worth
He is annoying but to be fair on the 4th foul was when they were doing their black history month segment.