Cowboy Basketball: Pokes are now 7-6 in with SWEEP over ISU. Baylor Game POSTPONED. Tech Next Monday (22nd)

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Cowboys will host ISU tomorrow in GIA. Pokes are looking to be above .500 conference. This marks our last 5 games with BU coming up this Saturday.

A win tomorrow night will make ISU our second team sweep with KSU being our first victim.

Jun 28, 2018
Little Rock, Arkansas
When it comes to BB, I am largely clueless. But it seems the problem with vaporizing large first-half leads rests squarely on the shoulders of the coaching staff, who are not prepping the team for adjustments the opponents will make in 2nd half.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
When it comes to BB, I am largely clueless. But it seems the problem with vaporizing large first-half leads rests squarely on the shoulders of the coaching staff, who are not prepping the team for adjustments the opponents will make in 2nd half.
Not only that, but our players get big-headed. They’ll play very sloppy, undisciplined, and down right bad. Too many turnovers, unnecessary fouls, can’t hit free throws.

Jun 5, 2020
OKC
Well 4 - 5 things, if the game is on

1. Cold as hell Ga-IBA arena
2. If pokefan2.9 has the correct spread; do not take -12, sit it out. of course, unless of some injury only reported 12 seconds before tip for isu. ,unhu
3. If you go hope you are well back an forth on these roads an walkways
4. Could be wrong but we may have the "opportunity" to play baylor and
5. About baylor thin skins
6. Why are these folks in our conference........

With one month to go until the Big 12 Tournament, No. 2 Baylor has decided it will not opt out of the event protect its NCAA Tournament standing, athletic director Mack Rhoades told CBS Sports. However, the Bears are unlikely to make up all five of their games that were recently postponed due to COVID-19 issues.
"Mathematically, where we are right now, I don't think we'll end up playing all 18 conference games. I don't think that's feasible," Rhoades said.
Baylor postponed two games last week, then announced Monday the postponement of three more games through Feb. 18. At the time, the Big 12 said it would work with Baylor on rescheduling games.
The Bears have not played since Feb. 2 at Texas. Their next five games were all conference games. Baylor is next scheduled to play Feb. 20 at home against Oklahoma State. As it stands, Baylor will have three regular-season games left on the schedule....

Talking about a team w/no physical stuff: rested & ready. Is this a Drew plan - ?

Jul 9, 2011
Carlos, TX
They have had COVID issues, but you think by now they would have had enough players who have had COVID that they would have some "herd immunity". I can't help but see a team which can't get anything tremendously positive out of the tourney with a good justification to opt out. It's Baylor.

We'll see if the lack of playing hurts them in the tourney.

COVID-19 issues forces Baylor basketball to postpone 5 games | KXAN Austin

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I hope I'm wrong, but I think this game is very dangerous. Iowa State is not near as bad as their record, they played us tough with their JV team until late in the game in Ames. Young is going to give us all kinds of problems inside. If we turn it over at the 17+ clip we have been, we could definitely be upset.

Again, hope I'm wrong. I just (Star Wars reference) "have a bad feeling about this."

Nov 21, 2018
Amelia Island, FL
I’ve not bothered to look at Iowa St.’s roster, but if they have a good big man, we’ll have our work cut out for us. Need the 3-ball to drop often or Cade to go off with 10 minutes left in the game instead of 5. Either way, I’ll take the Pokes!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jan 5, 2005
Have they cancelled yet. Seems silly to play a basketball game when parts of the state is having rolling blackouts

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Unlike the gooners in Norman, OSU has it's own electric and water supply, this includes the city of Stillwater.

Oct 11, 2006
Owasso, OK
Iowa State is bringing a lot more to the table than the last time we played. However, we didn’t have Cade for that game.

If Likele is out or still hampered, it will definitely be tough.