Cowboy Basketball: KU defeats OSU in Allenfield House. Series Split. Next up KSU on Saturday.

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
I wouldn’t call it easy, they played ugly ass ball as well. I bet ya coach Self would laugh at you for saying it was easy.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Fair. Still, both teams played poorly. They just played less crappy.
Agreed, that is OSU basketball right now. Nothing pretty.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Hindsight 20-20. Losing to KU is not too bad but TCU (x2) and WVU are unforgivable.

KSU, ISU, BU, TECH, UO (x2) next. WVU still not rescheduled.

7 games left. 5-6 in Conference.

Mar 27, 2008
I wouldn’t call it easy, they played ugly ass ball as well. I bet ya coach Self would laugh at you for saying it was easy.

You and Self can laugh all you want. Kansas was never in any danger of losing and had a lead for the last 24minutes of the game. Most of it by double digits. EZ WIN

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
Not going to have much success when you have to have Ice try to guard a post like McCormick for as long as we did. The basket schematics above as well as his 20 seconds half points underscore it.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
I can understand losing to Kansas on the road even when they aren’t great. The problem I have is we didn’t make them work for the win. We didn’t play smart, way too many turnovers, low intensity. Kansas is down and they have a lot of pressure on them so we should have at least made it a tough game for them.
But this is who we are. Even in our wins. We looked like trash for the 1st 25 minutes at ISU. Looked horrible against TX Saturday. Let KU come back from down 16 percent n win at home.

There is 0 accountability for poor basketball decisions and part of that is from not forcing it on Cade as well. How do you not get tough on him and then sit some of the others. And it’s ironic because Cade appears to have the mentality to take coaching.

Unfortunately no one on this team gets any from the head guy.
Agree completely with your point of no accountability. I have been complaining about this since Boynton has taken the reins. There is not discipline or accountability on his teams; consequently the learning curve for players is greatly slowed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tulley

Wrangler
Feb 27, 2018
IA
Here’s my biggest concern. What happens next year without Cunningham?
If we want to have a better record next year then Kalib Boone needs to become a star. He’s got potential. Boynton will also need to change some of his coaching tactics because there are some glaring holes in his management. If those things don’t happen then I can’t see Boynton being around past next season.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK

You and Self can laugh all you want. Kansas was never in any danger of losing and had a lead for the last 24minutes of the game. Most of it by double digits. EZ WIN
Again, don’t think Self would agree with that. I am not defending the Cowboys play at all, but let’s be reasonable here.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina
If we want to have a better record next year then Kalib Boone needs to become a star. He’s got potential. Boynton will also need to change some of his coaching tactics because there are some glaring holes in his management. If those things don’t happen then I can’t see Boynton being around past next season.
Boone better get serious in the weight room then.

OState77

Territorial Marshal
Feb 4, 2004
We are missing that player that when you start to break down, he slows it down and brings everyone back in to the flow of the offense and defense. (Leader). Had hoped it would be Ice and he has shown some of those instincts but taking him out of setting the offense has not been a good move at all and has been reflected in the diminishment of his play.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
We are missing that player that when you start to break down, slow it down and bring everyone back in to the flow of the offense and defense. Had hoped it would be Ice and he has shown some of those instincts but taking him out of setting the offense has not been a good move at all and has been reflected in the diminishment of his play.
That was Rondel. Slowly developing for Kalib Boone. Not sure what happened tonight.