Cowboy Basketball (9-4, 3-4): With Cade and Walker out, Baylor Defeats the Pokes. Next up ISU on MONDAY

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Yeah, no depth at all. And we have zero commits..hope Boynton has an ace up his sleeve.
I think he just meant depth for this game, with three guys not playing.
4 I think, Cade, Rondel, Flavors, DWill. It would have been nice to get Flavors on the court today with a depleted backcourt, that guy needed a break but now it’s back to the end of the bench.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
Great effort by the team today. We were just totally gassed at the end, and as soon as we started sagging off the shooters, Baylor’s snipers did their thing. If I was being nit picky I would say we should of been sitting Ice instead of Avery during that run, but Avery was the one in foul trouble so it was a bit of a no-win situation either way.

Sep 22, 2011
Ran out of gas and stopped being able to close on the shooters today, frustrating to see because we outplayed them for 30 minutes.

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
Boone is a real bright spot today. Hopefully he can continue to play this way.
Yes, and think he’s making nice development progress as an overall player. Still like to see him more aggressive near and on the boards, but I agree with you for today.
Good to see him take advantage of the increased minutes.

PokeJ

Territorial Marshal
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
Ran out of gas and stopped being able to close on the shooters today, frustrating to see because we outplayed them for 30 minutes.
Tru, but unfortunately since the KU game we forgot the remaining 10 minutes.
We had almost no bench today. Almost no contribution in the way of points or giving the starters a rest. Major factor when your are playing the No 2 team n the country

“Forgetting” had nothing to do with it

Jul 5, 2020
Broken Arrow
We had almost no bench today. Almost no contribution in the way of points or giving the starters a rest. Major factor when your are playing the No 2 team n the country

“Forgetting” had nothing to do with it

Ummmmmm, yes, I know that. The comment was made in jest.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
Bottom line:
—Not a disastrous loss. Committee may not even hold it against them

—Only concern for me was the run happened at the exact same time (under 12:00) that all of the others have, it’s still in their head.

—huge game at ISU, almost a must win. Hope Cade is back, didn’t hear his status

Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina
Bottom line:
—Not a disastrous loss. Committee may not even hold it against them

—Only concern for me was the run happened at the exact same time (under 12:00) that all of the others have, it’s still in their head.

—huge game at ISU, almost a must win. Hope Cade is back, didn’t hear his status
Coach said he was 50/50 for ISU.

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
I was proud of the team today. The battled their butts off. I am extremely impressed with Baylor. I anticipate a Baylor-Gonzaga final this March. Those two teams are several notches above anyone else I’ve seen. But I’m excited about our future after today as this was basically next year’s team that played today without Cade and they were damn good for 3/4 of the game!

Jul 23, 2018
USA
Cowboys will host the Baylor Bears in GIA. Coverage will be on CBS at 1PM.

Pokes are NOT, I repeat....we’re NOT 100%. It’s unclear who is all missing due to COVID protocol but this will be a skeletal crew on Saturday. This is just a rumor, though.
Dee Mitchell live on Fox and Friends shortly.

Feb 15, 2017
Texas
Each game when that has even started to happen I start screaming at the TV- “ok, Coach call a TO here to stop this before it becomes a run” and he never does. Why can I see that and he just sits there until it’s too late ?

Aug 30, 2018
Jonesville South Carolina
Each game when that has even started to happen I start screaming at the TV- “ok, Coach call a TO here to stop this before it becomes a run” and he never does. Why can I see that and he just sits there until it’s too late ?
Maybe sometimes it is paralysis of analysis. Maybe he thinks his team will score the next trip down or get a defensive stop the next time down and before you know it, 4 more unproductive trips have occurred. Stubbornness?