Cowboy Basketball (9-4, 3-4): With Cade and Walker out, Baylor Defeats the Pokes. Next up ISU on MONDAY

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Oct 29, 2004
Edmond, OK
Turned the game on with 5 minutes to play in the 1st half. Like the halftime score. If the second half goes the same way as previous Big 12 games, we are due for a long scoring dry shooting spell...0 for 12 or 1 for 10, missed free throws, and 10 minutes plus of on court chaos.

Hope I’m wrong and that the coaches actually “coach” in the second half. We shall see.
15-0 run by the Bears, too many missed free throws, and NO counter to the Baylor coaching staff halftime adjustment to our zone defense. Yep, looks like the Cowboy blueprint.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Hey, y’all. It’s looking ugly. Remember...we don’t have Cade or Rondell Walker tonight.

Cade, Ice, Walker, Bryce, and MAM are our best players but 2 of the 3 scorers are out tonight

Oct 29, 2016
US
I think he just meant depth for this game, with three guys not playing.
I know what he meant lol. Cade is gone after this year, and there's a very good chance that Isaac is gone too. Without either of those two, we're gonna be terrible next year, based on the fact that Isaac and Cade are our offense. And without zero commits, when just about every single college already have their commits, well, I hope Boynton has an ace up his sleeve..cuz from what I've researched Boynton isn't locked in on anyone who could come in and make a difference.. few 3 star recruits and maybe one four star.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
If the Cowboys didn’t have the corona issues and had practice with all their players the last 10 days they win this game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I 'm not sure about that.

Lots of games have gone exactly the way this one did with the team at full strength. We've had Cade on the floor and allowed huge runs just like the one Baylor had. We've allowed every team we've played to come back or have a huge run, except hapless KSU.

I think this situation was more of Baylor just playing lights out against an overmatched team, but I can't be sure we'd have made up 15 points.

Dec 17, 2011
The talent on the Baylor team is very noticeable. I was impressed with how versatile their bigs are. Defense and their tear drop shots they had.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I know what he meant lol. Cade is gone after this year, and there's a very good chance that Isaac is gone too. Without either of those two, we're gonna be terrible next year, based on the fact that Isaac and Cade are our offense. And without zero commits, when just about every single college already have their commits, well, I hope Boynton has an ace up his sleeve..cuz from what I've researched Boynton isn't locked in on anyone who could come in and make a difference.. few 3 star recruits and maybe one four star.
Where’s Ice going?

SanditeCowboy

Territorial Marshal
Jan 11, 2005
Sand Springs, OK
If the Cowboys didn’t have the corona issues and had practice with all their players the last 10 days they win this game.

I 'm not sure about that.

Lots of games have gone exactly the way this one did with the team at full strength. We've had Cade on the floor and allowed huge runs just like the one Baylor had. We've allowed every team we've played to come back or have a huge run, except hapless KSU.

I think this situation was more of Baylor just playing lights out against an overmatched team, but I can't be sure we'd have made up 15 points.
I think it would have gone very similar to the KU game. I believe the Cowboys would have had a much larger lead at the half and it would have been a survive the drought in the second half.

Not to mention Cade and Walker are the two best defenders and would have made an impact on the defensive side of the ball.

Mar 17, 2006
Edmond, Ok
I think it would have gone very similar to the KU game. I believe the Cowboys would have had a much larger lead at the half and it would have been a survive the drought in the second half.

Not to mention Cade and Walker are the two best defenders and would have made an impact on the defensive side of the ball.

Ok fair enough. Hope we can get back to full strength.

Apr 12, 2020
Stillwater
I think he just meant depth for this game, with three guys not playing.
Relax dude. Ice isn’t going anywhere and the young guys are going to get better. A starting line up of Ice, Avery, Rondel, MAM, and Kalib, all a year older, is nowhere near terrible, in fact I’d be willing to say it’s gonna be pretty good.