Cowboy Basketball (3-0) WIN 70-62 against Marquette. Next Up vs Oakland Grizzlies SATURDAY in GIA #NewEra

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

POPOKE

Territorial Marshal
A/V Subscriber
Feb 7, 2007
South Carolina
Walker is the real deal. He is going to be VERY good.
JMHO
Two years, several lbs, a little more junkyard dog and he’s Tony Allen as a better scorer. I’m certainly biased, but he’s an even better kid than he is a ball player.
When we were recruiting him I heard someone compare him to Rip Hamilton. I think that’s a really good comparison.

Oct 18, 2020
Stillwater ok
Walker is the real deal. His hop step in the lane was amazing. I know it’s early but I would not trade him straight up for Bryce Thompson even though Thompson was a 5 star and ranked #1 in the state. Looks like Walker is going to be special!!

May 4, 2011
Charleston, SC
So conflicted about this Baylor v Illinois game. Can they both lose? I’d be good with that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
In an attempt to make it related to this thread, I'll say that watching the Marquette game made the postseason ban even more frustrating and I place the blame for that on the coach who did it (Evans) and the coach who hired him, but somehow gets off scott free. I hope that guy in Illinois never wins another game, even if it is against a horrible institution like Baylor.

Jan 13, 2008
Corinth, TX
Walker is the real deal. His hop step in the lane was amazing. I know it’s early but I would not trade him straight up for Bryce Thompson even though Thompson was a 5 star and ranked #1 in the state. Looks like Walker is going to be special!!
I watched the KU - Kentucky game and it made me realize, we got the best player from the state of Oklahoma.

Dec 17, 2011
So conflicted about this Baylor v Illinois game. Can they both lose? I’d be good with that.

Yeah no, brad underwood can shove it. I absolutely hate that guy and what he did to our program. He used us and our players at the time.

NinjaPoke

Cowboy
A/V Subscriber
Jul 9, 2016
Lawton, OK
Yeah no, brad underwood can shove it. I absolutely hate that guy and what he did to our program. He used us and our players at the time.
This may be early to say but....if it weren’t for Underwood, we probably wouldn’t of have had Boynton right now.

I hope I’m not speaking too soon

PokeJ

Sheriff
Oct 27, 2003
McKinney, TX
Visit site
This may be early to say but....if it weren’t for Underwood, we probably wouldn’t of have had Boynton right now.

I hope I’m not speaking too soon
Wouldn’t have had Evans either

Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx
I’m no basketball expert but correct me if I’m wrong

Cade didn’t have his A game

Flavors was bad (1 for 6)

We missed about 100 shots from inside 3 ft of the hoop

We beat a pretty good team on the road by 10 points.

Cimarron

It's not dying I'm talking about, it's living.
Jun 28, 2007

I know you're exaggerating about 100 shots in the paint.

However, 51% of OSU points came inside the paint. Marquette was 35%.

I don't know the shooting percentage inside the paint. But it was 60% inside the three point line (18/30).

Gamecast used to give a shot selection chart, but I don't find that now.

Both Flavors and Moncrieffe had an off night. Combined they were 3 of 15 (20%). The rest of the team shot 49%, pretty good.

First two games the pair was shooting 50% inside the 3 point line and 42% from 3 point range (47% overall).

okstate.com gives some nice game statistics.

Last edited:
Oct 22, 2008
Austin, Tx

I know you're exaggerating about 100 shots in the paint.

However, 51% of OSU points came inside the paint. Marquette was 35%.

I don't know the shooting percentage inside the paint. But it was 60% inside the three point line (18/30).

Gamecast used to give a shot selection chart, but I don't find that now.

Both Flavors and Moncrieffe had an off night. Combined they were 3 of 15 (20%). The rest of the team shot 49%, pretty good.

First two games the pair was shooting 50% inside the 3 point line and 42% from 3 point range (47% overall).

okstate.com gives some nice game statistics.
Boone wasn’t great either before he fouled out. And we best a good team on the road by 10 points. I’m trying to keep my expectations in check, but these youngsters are making it hard.