Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.
Transfer Portal

Kaleb Davis Oklahoma State
Lyle Miller-Green Oklahoma State
Solomon Washington Oklahoma State
John Bay Oklahoma State
Garrett Martin Oklahoma State
Cayden Brumbaugh Oklahoma State
Hueston Morrill Oklahoma State
Colton Bowman Oklahoma State
Dylan Gardner Oklahoma State

Some big names wanting out. I knew Houston as he was my sons roommate and he bled orange like no other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Between the portal and draft a lot of teams will be basically starting from scratch every year. The draft made it hard enough now throw in the portal.

Aug 13, 2005
OKC
Blake Robertson after playing at OU is projected going in 3-5 rounds now. He is projected as a third baseman or OF due to limited HR but high OBP from walks.

Last edited:
Aug 4, 2019
Edmond , Oklahoma
This past season’s team has 8 guys listed in the recent Baseball America’s Top 500 draft prospects ( highschool/college) : Campbell, McLean, Martin, Osmond , Mederos, Phansalkar, Trenkle and Thompson ( in that order) . No assurance they all get drafted or sign. A couple of other draft eligible guys like Davis, Morrill, and Doershing might be selected as well.
A lot of transfer outs including many to Austin Peay to join Fanning ( Bay, G Martin, LMG).. Not sure any were a surprise apart from maybe Brumbaugh. OSU has hosted several transfer prospects including the LSU fresh SS who committed, the Cal Baptist outfielder who has committed as well as Cal Santa Barbara ss ( likely high draft pick tho), byu weekend starter and Texas all American reliever.
Like every other college baseball team , OSU roster will be 60 percent new players.

Takeout Slide

Hardcore Troubadour
Nov 10, 2009
Rounding third and heading for Omaha
Press conference this morning claiming to announce Skip Johnson going to USC.
A. I find that hard to believe. For a school that **should be** really good at baseball, they haven't been for a long time. OU with stadium upgrades and SEC money is a better job, IMO.

B. Whether or not he moves on, it's crazy how a month of baseball probably not only saved his job but will get him a raise and contract extension.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
The Oasis
redcircle.com
This past season’s team has 8 guys listed in the recent Baseball America’s Top 500 draft prospects ( highschool/college) : Campbell, McLean, Martin, Osmond , Mederos, Phansalkar, Trenkle and Thompson ( in that order) . No assurance they all get drafted or sign. A couple of other draft eligible guys like Davis, Morrill, and Doershing might be selected as well.
A lot of transfer outs including many to Austin Peay to join Fanning ( Bay, G Martin, LMG).. Not sure any were a surprise apart from maybe Brumbaugh. OSU has hosted several transfer prospects including the LSU fresh SS who committed, the Cal Baptist outfielder who has committed as well as Cal Santa Barbara ss ( likely high draft pick tho), byu weekend starter and Texas all American reliever.
Like every other college baseball team , OSU roster will be 60 percent new players.
If Doersching is still not considered a top 500 guy, then wow. If I’m a MLB organization I’m taking that flyer. Guy has power that you can’t teach and was already a polished hitter against upper echelon D1 pitching. Just needs to continue to learn to lay off the breaking balls away. Can also handle 1B defensively pretty well. Someone might get a heck of a bargain there.

Ptak'sNewspaper

Territorial Marshal
Sep 30, 2004
The Oasis
redcircle.com
A. I find that hard to believe. For a school that **should be** really good at baseball, they haven't been for a long time. OU with stadium upgrades and SEC money is a better job, IMO.

B. Whether or not he moves on, it's crazy how a month of baseball probably not only saved his job but will get him a raise and contract extension.
Definitely don’t disagree with you.

Just curious, because I really don’t know, when was the last time that USC made a big splash hire for baseball? I don’t think I could even name their last two coaches. That’s a program that has many problems, but it also feels like they haven’t even been trying to get good at baseball again.

Takeout Slide

Hardcore Troubadour
Nov 10, 2009
Rounding third and heading for Omaha
Definitely don’t disagree with you.

Just curious, because I really don’t know, when was the last time that USC made a big splash hire for baseball? I don’t think I could even name their last two coaches. That’s a program that has many problems, but it also feels like they haven’t even been trying to get good at baseball again.
I couldn't tell you either. IIRC, they have pretty poor attendance, etc., so maybe there just isn't the impetus to even try to improve things?

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
If Doersching is still not considered a top 500 guy, then wow. If I’m a MLB organization I’m taking that flyer. Guy has power that you can’t teach and was already a polished hitter against upper echelon D1 pitching. Just needs to continue to learn to lay off the breaking balls away. Can also handle 1B defensively pretty well. Someone might get a heck of a bargain there.
Completely agree! I expected the power but was so impressed with his patience and ability to make consistent (hard) contact.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Trenkle plays the WV Black Bears currently batting .321. Looks to be carrying over his late season surge to put himself in the best position to get drafted

https://twitter.com/draftleaguedata/status/1540337185773199363?s=21&t=Y4WyiQEQUc6ePbMvLv9FZw

Aug 4, 2019
Edmond , Oklahoma
I agree with you Ptak regarding Doershing. The knock on him previously ( despite walking more than he struck out with tons of homers) was that he had played at a low level d-1 program for 4 years. Now he has shown he can be very successful offensive player at the highest d-1 level. I look for a team to draft him and a couple of our other older guys. Trenkle going to the draft league is a good indicator that he won’t be back. Happy he is doing great out there.