Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
John bay wanted playing time….he’s guaranteed to start over at Austin Peay. He won’t be the last cowboy to follow Fanning
I believe others will follow Fanning, but other than Ehrhard who will we return in the OF? I would love to get Trenkle back but I assume he is gone. Seems like there will be some opportunities out there and we might have to move some guys from the IF. Are there transfers or Jucos that will help out there?

May 1, 2021
Stillwater
Transfer Portal

Kaleb Davis Oklahoma State
Lyle Miller-Green Oklahoma State
Solomon Washington Oklahoma State
John Bay Oklahoma State
Garrett Martin Oklahoma State
Cayden Brumbaugh Oklahoma State
Hueston Morrill Oklahoma State
Colton Bowman Oklahoma State
Dylan Gardner Oklahoma State

Some big names wanting out. I knew Houston as he was my sons roommate and he bled orange like no other.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Transfer Portal

John Bay Oklahoma State

Some big names wanting out. I knew Houston as he was my sons roommate and he bled orange like no other.

Dylan Gardner got accepted to medical school at OSU-Tulsa a year ago so surprised he would be in there

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I believe others will follow Fanning, but other than Ehrhard who will we return in the OF? I would love to get Trenkle back but I assume he is gone. Seems like there will be some opportunities out there and we might have to move some guys from the IF. Are there transfers or Jucos that will help out there?
Jaxson Crull, JUCO Tyler Wulfert is an INF that can play OF. Outside of that, not much returning but they're hitting the portal hard for pitching and OF. Garrett Martin hurts, but I understand, no one wants to wait their turn anymore, much less ride the pine. It's going to be hard to keep everyone happy the next several years especially with players with COVID years. If Trenkle gets drafted where he wants and gets the signing bonus he desires, i'm truly happy for him, but if the case he doesn't, I'll gladly welcome him back with open arms.

Last edited:
Feb 25, 2018
North Texas
Jaxson Crull, JUCO Tyler Wulfert is an INF that can play OF. Outside of that, not much returning but they're hitting the portal hard for pitching and OF
I know a lot of us like Crull but he really hasn’t done much and a lot of the time he looks really overmatched at the plate. If we are counting on him to make a big impact next season I don’t like our chances.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
I know a lot of us like Crull but he really hasn’t done much and a lot of the time he looks really overmatched at the plate. If we are counting on him to make a big impact next season I don’t like our chances.
Yes, he hasn't done much, but at the same time the sample size is too small to make a conclusion whether he can play or not. I don't know if he's a starter or not, but I know he's a returner. I mean he's only had 62 career AB's. RIggio can OF if needed and we brought in the LSU transfer as well. Right now it's not much...

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Transfer Portal

John Bay Oklahoma State

Gardner wasn’t on the team this year and I wouldn’t say there are too many surprises on that list. I can understand you have frustrations with the coaching staff from when Nate played here, but I don’t think there is anything alarming about these transfers.

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
I did see that Wyatt Cheney is pitching for Texas next year.

I thought Crull looked good before the injury in 2021. This year he showed some potential but I agree that he didn’t look like a starter. It would be interesting if Roc moved to the OF, because we have a lot of guys that can hit and play infield.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Sidenote: Aidan Meola got hurt yesterday, and suffered a dislocated shoulder it seems. He's being sent home to see if he needs potential surgery or not. Holliday speaks on it around the 0:45 second mark. Tough break for the kid

https://twitter.com/ChathamAnglers/status/1540074931098099714?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw

Sep 29, 2015
Omaha
Chad Castillo of California Baptist is listed in the D1 Baseball transfer portal list as transferring to OSU. Seems like a very good pick-up and should alleviate some of the concerns above about the OF. I would guess he's going to be a mainstay in the OF along with Ehrhard. Still have major questions about what the pitching staff is going to look like.

https://cbulancers.com/sports/baseball/roster/chad-castillo/8881

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee