Cowboy Baseball

• You are viewing Orangepower as a Guest. To start new threads, reply to posts, or participate in polls or contests - you must register. Registration is free and easy. Click Here to register.

VaPoke

Wrangler
Oct 14, 2013
Washington DC
Preseason ranked #4 and doesn’t make it out of regionals is the epitome of a underachieving season. Was their bright moments sure, but not being close to making it to Omaha doesn’t make it a successful season
Agree! If OSU baseball isn't one of the teams to make into regionals, it's a terrible year (64 teams). If we don't make it to super's then we underperformed...if we don't make it to CWS at least every five years, we underperformed.
Josh, are you listening!

OstatePokes

Territorial Marshal
Aug 24, 2007
Knoxville, Tennessee
Ark and OSU were about as equal as you can get. Don’t lose Bryce, stay in winner’s bracket, we’re easily right where they are. Settle Down.
I think this is a great point, and I think we would have beat UNC in the supers even without Osmond. However, we have a decade of similar stories and only 1 trip to Omaha. Any given year you can have some bad luck and fall short of your potential, but I think we should be able to find more postseason success than we have managed.

Duke Silver

Find safe haven in a warm bathtub full of my jazz.
A/V Subscriber
Sep 17, 2004
Cozy's Bar
Agree! If OSU baseball isn't one of the teams to make into regionals, it's a terrible year (64 teams). If we don't make it to super's then we underperformed...if we don't make it to CWS at least every five years, we underperformed.
Josh, are you listening!
I’m sure he’s reading and on pins and needles

MustangPokeFan

Territorial Marshal
Sep 9, 2005
Mustang, Ok
www.newshoesband.net
Yeah...we know.
Let him enjoy it. He just recently learned they have a baseball team. :cool:

Seriously, though, as a long suffering OSU baseball fan, it makes me want to vomit. As a college baseball fan, I admit it's a dang impressive run.
Get ready for it because the Goons are going to win their second Natty since the last time we won our lone title in 1959. Pretty demoralizing for a school that doesn’t give a flip about baseball to cruise from unranked to a Big 12 Tourney title and a National Title while the school down the road that fancies itself a baseball school with a palace for a stadium and fanatical fans can’t make it out of their own regional.

Feb 24, 2020
oklahoma
Get ready for it because the Goons are going to win their second Natty since the last time we won our lone title in 1959. Pretty demoralizing for a school that doesn’t give a flip about baseball to cruise from unranked to a Big 12 Tourney title and a National Title while the school down the road that fancies itself a baseball school with a palace for a stadium and fanatical fans can’t make it out of their own regional.
life of being an OSU fan

Apr 14, 2009
Our baseball coaches are now all on the hotseat this next season. I really like coach Holliday. Everything except the team's performance on the Dimond. This year's team is very talented. But Arkansas, TCU, Taco Tech, and the goons are all better teams. And it was very evident while watching the Cowboys playing these teams. I don't know how much MORE rope he get's going forward. But my guess is not very much.
JMHO

Aug 26, 2004
Josh, are you listening!
"listening" or "reading"?

Aug 10, 2004
Stillwater
I hate OU as much as anyone on this board but props to them!
They have went on the road and made the finals. All we hear about is OSU's amazing staff and facility but give it up to OU.They are doing more with less and are flat out a better coached team.

Nov 1, 2009
Somewhere down in Texas
Our baseball coaches are now all on the hotseat this next season. I really like coach Holliday. Everything except the team's performance on the Dimond. This year's team is very talented. But Arkansas, TCU, Taco Tech, and the goons are all better teams. And it was very evident while watching the Cowboys playing these teams. I don't know how much MORE rope he get's going forward. But my guess is not very much.
JMHO
Was tech and TCU really better?

Ark and OSU were about as equal as you can get. Don’t lose Bryce, stay in winner’s bracket, we’re easily right where they are. Settle Down.
Coulda, shoulda, woulda... Fact remains that Arkansas actually did it. The Hogs won (in Stillwater) and then won supers to make it Omaha. Sooners went on the road and won, too. Holliday's team didn't win crap.

CowboyHoopsPride

Territorial Marshal
Feb 18, 2009
Coulda, shoulda, woulda... Fact remains that Arkansas actually did it. The Hogs won (in Stillwater) and then won supers to make it Omaha. Sooners went on the road and won, too. Holliday's team didn't win crap.
Neither did any of the other 16 national seeds. As it turns out, Ark didn’t win shit either. Last team in the tourney may win the whole thing. Is what it is.

I think there are plenty of questions to be asked and answered. I posted in this thread in January “what has changed?” Answer was not much at the end of the year.

Last edited: